Welcome to EDEN ROC, our stylish Swiss Chalet home on a beautiful glacier lake in the heart of Patagonia is the perfect getaway. Parents love the tranquility and privacy of our 2 acre home with all the amenities in our backyard outdoors for the kids.
EDEN ROC, our cozy 2 acre lake house is located 5 kilometers from town and 11 kilometers from ski slopes, situated in San Carlos de Bariloche, on Avenida Bustillo on the shore of Lago Nahuel Huapi. This could be just the place you are looking for, if you are interested in a vacation to one of the world’s most fascinating and beautiful mountain destinations.
Our log and granite Swiss style chalet home was designed in the 1930's by the famous Argentine architect Alejandro Bustillo, who also designed the town hall, the principal town Cathedral, and the Llao Llao Hotel. Situated on the lake, the grounds consist of a private pebbled beach, boat dock, views of the mountains, 60 feet pine trees, and a grounds keeper. Our split level home is made of granite blocks and cyprus logs is comfortably equipped with 3 bedrooms (sleeps 6), 2.5 bathrooms, kitchen, laundry room, fireplace, internet and enclosed patio.
When you enter the home, the mountain views will take you away. The large living room and enclosed patio will have you sipping red wine in no time. A small pantry with a kitchen is located on the main floor as well for your immediate needs.
The kitchen and dining room, on the lower level, is fully equipped with quality appliances, large commercial refrigerator, a commercial gas oven, gas stove, and all the cutlery, crockery and glassware to make you feel at home.
We also have daily basic maid service (basic cleaning) included in the price. Laundry fee is extra.
You will also enjoy our friendly outdoor dogs and cats.
Interakcija s gostima
Carlos and Marta (groundskeeper) live on the property and are available 24 hours. They love our visitors from around the world, so please practice your Spanish with them during mate hours.
FACTS ABOUT OUR HOME AND TOWN
-Our landmark home is set on the shoreline of Lago Nahuel Huapi.
-The home was completed in 1942 and took 7 years to build by the famous Argentine architect, Alejandro Bustillo, who also built the town's Civic Center, the Cathedral, and the Llao Llao Hotel.
-Enjoy the fine craftsmanship of the home and details
-Gourmet kitchen to entertain
-Breathtaking sunrise and sunset views
-Follow the paths on the property for daily exercise
-Pine cone picking in the winter, and blackberry picking in the summer
-Known as the sister city to Aspen, Bariloche is a two hour plane ride from Buenos Aires.
1. Smoking is NOT allowed inside home or patio due to allergies. We are a smoke free home and would like to rent to non-smokers only.
2. People other than those in the Guest party may not stay overnight in/on the property.
3. The owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowner, Groundskeeper and Housekeeper are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
5. Only use appliances for their intended use.
6. Pets are NOT allowed due to allergies. We have two outdoor watch dogs and two outdoor cats.
7. Parking is located on the property directed by the Homeowner, and Groundskeeper. Failure to notify the Homeowners, and Groundskeeper and may result in towing of vehicle at renter's expense. Alert the Homeowners, Groundskeeper and Housekeeper upon arrival and departure.
8. Housekeeping: Daily basic housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the property, daily maid service is included in the rental rate. Beach towels will also be offered. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the property.
9. Water and septic: The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged damages.
10. Not to be used for events, parties, or gatherings without notice.
11. Please respect our special home as if it were your home.
12. Rental cars are available near the property or at the airport.
If you have any questions, please email us and allow 24 hours to reply.
Life motto, "Gotta try it once".
I love to travel and see the world. When I return to some of my favorite cities, I like to drink hot chocolate at Angelina's in Paris, walk every floor and every isle at Kiddyland in Tokyo, enjoy high tea at Arthur's Lounge in the Oriental Hotel in Bangkok, buy velvet slippers in Burma, walk the streets of New York City, go to hawker centers in Singapore for noodles, eat Jose Stone Crabs in Miami Beach, visit the Golden Palace in Bangkok, listen to the music in the lobby of Hotel Costes in Paris, shop at Jones the Grocer in Sydney, feel the warm sand at Pi Pi Island in Thailand, and enjoy long hikes in Bariloche with my family.
When I am not traveling, I am a full-time mother, wife, blogger and, a restaurant design and development consultant for my company Jenjuice Studio.