Charming bungalow, updated, clean, modern, centrally located and right by Royal Oak, Southfield, Troy, Birmigham, Novi, etc and a relatively close drive to Downtown Detroit. Close to major expressways 696/I-75 so easy to get south to Detroit or north Birmingham/Pontiac/etc.
Welcome to the Charming Updated House! This house used to be my primary home so it was tough leaving it because it has that comfy feeling to it being an older 1950s home and having newer amenities, you will definitely feel like you're at home and not in a commercial unit. Organic Vegetable garden in FULL SWING August-October, lots of tomatoes (only heirloom and different varieties)/peppers/zucchini for your picking!
Let me give you the run down:
- Second Floor: 2nd floor is HUGE and has a small bathroom with a walk-in shower, big closet, a VERY COMFORTABLE queen sized bed with a 45" LCD TV and a small table that seats 4. (Even though it has central AC, in the summer I add a portable AC if needed since 2nd floors tend to get extra hot).
- First Floor: The 1st floor has 2 bedrooms both with Queen sized beds and a full bath.
- Kitchen/Dining room - The kitchen was remodeled in 2013 with newer appliances, spacious, everything you need to cook dinners. Table seats 6 comfortably and 8 tight. There's a small TV that surprisingly gets used more than any other TV in the house if you like to cook/eat and watch TV.
- Living Room: There's a 60" 4K TV for those tv fanatics, big tv + hd cable = big fun!
- Basement: 1 small semi-finished bedroom with a twin bed (it's one of the 4 bedrooms), this is a very small room FYI, in winter it uses a space heater in the summer it's perfect temperature, so be aware that it's in the basement and it's not as comfortable as the regular rooms, if this is a problem then take this into account before you book or ask me further questions. A Foosball table and the washer and dryer for your use.
- Porch: There's a screened porch in the back of the house, have a table with chairs, great for relaxing in the summer.
- Backyard: Picnic table and chairs for 6 with shade provided + Gas BBQ Grill!
- Garden - I plant veggies in the huge garden in the back in the spring/summer, I share the spoils with friends, neighbors and of course my guests! (when in season we need access when needed to water the vegetable garden)
Extra Air Mattress if needed.
PLEASE MAKE NOTE:
The house is not in Royal Oak, it's in Oak Park (which is 2 miles away, west), this was the only solution to make my house visible in the searches (unfortunately Oak Park has some visibility issues in the search results), the pin in the map hasn't changed and it's correct.
100% the entire house! This was my former home so you'll basically have everything, pots/plates/utensils/coffee maker/toaster, etc.
Interakcija s gostima
I'm available anytime! I'm a very social person so any questions you can call or if you want me to come over to explain the area, where to go for fun, restaurants, etc, etc, just let me know, I'm here to help! :)
- Minimum Nights: 5 nights, drops to 4 a month away, drops to 2 a week away (there are exceptions look below)
- If it fills a gap then I will book you in even if it's 2 nights and a few months away, don't be afraid to ask
- Any booking that includes a weekend night (Friday or Saturday) must include both nights in the booking.
- Holidays/Special events don't get a weekly discount, Airbnb is not flexible enough to allow this but be aware that if this happens I have to re-price the booking.
[Please be aware that for 2 night bookings there's an extra fee of $80]
- Check-in time is 5:30 pm, Check-out time is 11:00 am, if possible I work with my guests to make the times flexible if the schedule allows and most times I can but guests should plan for these times.
MID JANUARY - MARCH 2018 - ONLY TAKING LONGER TERM BOOKINGS FOR THIS PERIOD (3+ weeks) - I might consider shorter but some re-pricing might need to be done, please contact me to discuss.
* There are 3 outside cameras, facing the front, side, and backyard of the house.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BELOW BEFORE BOOKING
- Maximum Occupancy: The maximum number of overnight guests is limited to 7 persons. Only those persons listed in the Rental Party above may occupy the property overnight, surpassing this limit needs written approval from homeowner and the cost is $20/per guest/per night.
- Visitors: Guest has to get approval from homeowner to invite visitors onto the property for a social gathering; this is a quiet residential area so only guests are allowed in the house unless visitors are approved by homeowner.
- Parking: Maximum of 3 cars allowed. All cars must be parked on the driveway or in front of this house, parking is not allowed in front of neighbors’ properties.
- Rental Rules: Guest agrees to abide by the Rental Rules attached as Exhibit A at all times while at the property and shall cause all members of the rental party and anyone else Guest permits on the property (with homeowner’s consent) to abide by the following rules at all times while at the property.
- Access: Guest shall allow Homeowner access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection. Homeowner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner.
- Rental Rate and Fees
- There might be 2-3 outdoor cameras facing the street and driveway.
Damage/Fee Deposit: A damage deposit is kept by Airbnb.
The Damage Deposit is for security and shall be refunded within 10 days of the Checkout Date provided no deductions are made due to:
damage to the property or furnishings;
Breaking rules on the “Deduction List”
dirt or other mess requiring excessive cleaning; or
any other cost incurred by Homeowner due to Guest’s stay
If the premises appear dirty or damaged upon Check-in, Guest shall inform Homeowner immediately.
•FEE LIST (READ CAREFULLY!):
o$40/per night/per person - Surpassing the “Maximum Occupancy” for guests staying overnight or surpassing a new limit approved in writing by homeowner, if exceeds more than 2 at owner’s discretion party might be asked to vacate the property
o$40/per night/per person - person not in the “Rental Party” staying overnight, if exceeds more than 2 at owner’s discretion party might be asked to vacate the property
o$30/per night/per car – Surpassing the 3 car limit (at any time of the day) , if exceeds more than 2 at owner’s discretion party might be asked to vacate the property
oFinding evidence of smoking inside the house will cause the entire Damage Deposit to be forfeited and at owner’s discretion party might be asked to vacate the property
oEvidence of a pet inside the house will cause the entire Damage Deposit to be forfeited and at owner’s discretion party might be asked to vacate the property
oBreaking Rule #3 or #5 of “Rental Rules” will cause the entire Damage Deposit to be forfeited and at owner’s discretion party might be asked to vacate the property
- Cancellation Policy: If Guest wishes to cancel reservation, the payments will be refunded as follows:
100% if cancelled 60 days prior to the Check-in Date
50% if cancelled 30 days prior to the Check-in Date
No refund if cancelled less than 30 days prior to the Check-in Date
1.Smoking is NOT allowed in the home, smoking is NOT allowed in front of the house, smoking is only allowed in the back yard of the house.
2.GUEST PROMISES: The person signing this contract is at least 23 years of age (any form of sub-let is NOT allowed).
3.NO EVENTS of any kind are allowed on the property. This is a HOUSE in a residential neighborhood and is NOT a hotel and is NOT an event center. Guest agrees to NOT have any type of event at the house, including (but not limited to) Wedding, Stag or Stagette party, bachelor party, bachelorette party, or ANY OTHER event.
4.QUIET TIME: 9 PM until 9 AM is “quiet time” EVERY EVENING!! Guest acknowledges that one of the attractions of this home is its quiet relaxing location and there are neighbors living in close proximity. All noise including loud talking and music and other sounds will be moved indoors during the hours designated as “quiet time”. This includes loitering in front of the house.
5.GUEST PROMISES: 1) Not to act in a loud, boisterous, unruly or thoughtless manner or disturb the rights of neighbors to peace and quiet, or allow his/her guests to do so; 2) to use the home only as a private residence, and not to engage in any activity or allow any condition that is illegal or dangerous or which would cause a cancellation, restriction, or increase in premium in MANAGEMENT’s insurance or allow his/her guests to do so;
6.GUEST PROMISES: 1) Not to damage or misuse the home and contents provided by MANAGEMENT or allow his/her guests to do so; that when GUEST moves out, the home will be left in good condition, except ordinary wear and tear. GUEST shall pay for any repairs or replacement, all loss or damage to the house and its contents whenever such damage or loss is beyond normal wear and tear.
7.GUEST PROMISES: to inform management IMMEDIATELY if there are any issues with the home. ESPECIALLY with any water leakage or other typical home maintenance issue that may cause substantial damage to the home if not remedied immediately.
8.DESTROYED OR UNLIVABLE HOME: If the home is unfit to live in due to any cause, MANAGEMENT may choose not to rebuild or restore the home and/or may terminate this rental agreement immediately with no further liability to GUEST. If the destruction or damage was not GUEST’s fault and MANAGEMENT terminates this rental agreement, unused rent will be refunded to GUEST.
9.GOVERNMENTAL RESTRICTIONS on RENTALS: :If any government unit places a restriction on the ability to rent this property, Management may terminate this rental agreement immediately with no further liability to GUEST. In this event any unused rent
10.MOVE OUT OF THE HOME: GUEST will move out of the home when this rental agreement ends. If GUEST doesn’t move out after this rental agreement ends, GUEST will be liable to MANAGEMENT for any resulting losses including rent and court costs
11.People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
12.Accidents: This home is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
13. NO LIABILITY/INDEMNIFICATION/HOLD HARMLESS: The owners of the property do not assume liability for the loss, theft, damage or injury (or death) to persons or their personal property. Guests agree to indemnify and hold the owners harmless for any liabilities, theft, damage, cost or expense whatsoever arising from or related to any claim or litigation which may arise out of or in connection with Guests’ use and occupancy of the rental property, including but not limited to claims for personal injury or property damage/loss.
14.Guest agrees to keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
15.Only use appliances for their intended uses
16.PETS are NOT permitted