This romantic Tent Cabin, set on a 5-acre farm, is comfortable, functional and affordable. Shared Bath House and Kitchen/Living Room. If you love the feeling of camping, but want to be comfortable and hassle free, this is for you!
Have you heard the term Glamping? Glamorous + Camping = Glamping
Come Glamp on the Big Island of Hawaii.
The Tent Cabin is perfect for guests looking for a quiet, simple, soothing, unplugged, eco-experience.
The Tent Cabin is built on a platform and minimally furnished with a queen size bed.
The comfortable air mattress, nice sheets and pillows makes your simple tent cabin stay comfortable. The solar lights at night make the tent romantic and exotic. The outdoor shower is simple and sexy.
"The Hive" is an agricultural Quonset hut that has been converted into a shared living room, kitchen, yoga, meditation and event space. We have had StorySlams, Dance Parties, Kirtans and Classes in The Hive. The Hive has a propane refrigerator, two burner gas stove, double sink and all necessary cooking equipment.
The Tent Cabin and Bath House do not have electricity, there are simple solar powered lights and LED lanterns for reading and getting around at night.
The Hive has minimal electricity, enough for you to charge your phone or laptop. There is wireless internet at The Hive which is fine for checking email and updating friends about your stay, but there is not enough bandwidth for streaming music or video.
The Tent Cabin experience is perfect for you if you are looking for affordable accommodations in a natural setting. It is perfect for a personal retreat, base camp for exploring the area or romantic interlude. I like offering unique places to stay for people who are enjoying the Big Island on a budget.
I welcome women traveling alone who are looking for a safe, quite place and kama‘aina who are traveling from other islands.
The Tent Cabin is your private space. The Bath House and The Hive are shared if there are other people staying in the Polestar Cabin.
You can feel free to wander around most of the property—check out the taro farm, swing from the banyan trees, pick fruit and flowers, etc..! My private home space is marked as such.
Interakcija s gostima
I like my privacy and I am sure you like yours! You may see me working around the property. My private home is marked as private, if you need anything you can text and I will respond!
No smoking cigars or cigarettes. No heavy drugs or drinking. No pets. No parties.
Aloha! I was born and raised in New York, but have lived in Hawaii for 25 years. You could say that I am a real island girl, since I was born on Long Island, but now reside on Hawaii Island. Becoming the steward of such an amazing property is a dream come true for me.
I am a storyteller and social entrepreneur.
My company is Sustainable Initiatives—I work on projects which support the growth of a local, sustainable economy…with a sweet spot for growing the local food system. My projects include work with traditional crops (breadfruit and taro) and the fostering of our community food system in North Kohala.
My writing has been published in many Hawaii-based magazines and blogs. I am currently working on a collection of personal essays and developing myself as a performance artist.
I am known for my personal educational projects, having embarked upon a number of “eat local” experiments and then reported to the public on my experience.
Here are 9 of my favorite things:
1. Chanting: Paramahansa Yogananda says “Chanting is half the battle.” Its true. Devotional chanting is such an easy, joyful shortcut to meditation. I lead kirtans and enjoy going to other people’s kirtans.
2. Dancing: Sweat your prayers, ecstatic dance, a night out with the girlfriends, right in my own living room. Any dance is a good dance.
3. Chocolate: I just heard that smiling releases 2,000 times the amount of endorphins than chocolate. I smile when I eat chocolate, so…
4. Champagne/Proseco: (often enjoyed with chocolate) My grandmother used to listen to Don Ho when I was growing up. I think the subliminal message of tiny bubbles may have brought me to Hawaii and instilled a lifelong love of the bubbly.
5. Great Boots: There is nothing a girl can’t do when she is feeling powerful in her boots.
6. Being on Camera-video or photograph: When I am ing with someone, I don't even see them. I am too busy looking at myself in that little window. Why can’t they make that window bigger and minimize the other person?
7. Spending money: Money is no object. Actually it is, but I act like its not.
8. Luxurious hotels, resorts, homes, spas: But, I also enjoy camping, farm life and nature... and hopefully so do you, because that is how I live!
9. Reading: Set me up in a luxurious reading nook, give me a pile of good books and add some chocolate and champagne. What could be better?