The Owl’s nest a charming two bedroom home located just 1 1/2 blocks from the heart of town and 4 blocks from the beach.
Our comfortable cottage is thoughtfully equipped with a cozy wood stove and many amenities to make your stay relaxing & easy.
Our home is good for couples, small families and those who want to bring a canine friend.
Discounted rate can be considered for extended stays (1 month or greater in summer months & winter time any stay 2weeks or greater)
Exceptionally quiet though also well located. A comfortable, older beach home which is clean, but feels more like grandma's home vs modern city home.
Our home is just far enough away from town to be miss the crowds and close enough to easily walk to any location. Park your car and settle in!
This home is owner managed.
Interakcija s gostima
The cupboard is stocked with cooking oils, basic spices & a wide selection of herbal & caffeinated teas. It is our goal to have a kitchen that is well equipped for those who want to cook vs going out for all meals.
We have a nice collection of DVD's & reading materials for our guests to enjoy, thoughtfully picked out to provide for adults & children. A Redbox is located at Fresh Foods only blocks from our house if you want new releases.
High speed WIFI provided
Bed options: Queen bed
Trundle bed = two twins or it can be converted into KING.
Full size plush & firm new futon in the front room
If you are would like the KING BED or the Futon bed set up then please send me a message immediately once you have completed your booking. Last minute request for King bed or Futon bed may not be able to be honored as extra time is needed for set up. Thank you!
We welcome one well behaved dog under 20lbs only with prior approval & payment of pet fee.
There is a $25.00 non-refundable pet deposit (plus applicable tax), charged per pet for (per stay). Please no pets on any furniture, including beds, couches, chairs, etc. Please do not leave your pet unattended in the vacation home. Please pick up after your pet. Should an excessive amount of dog feces be left in the yard, you will be charged a $50 clean up fee.
Prior to Booking please kindly be in agreement to the following:
1. This is smoke free property.
2. The person who booked the home, must be a member of the party staying in the home and not booking my place for friends or family if they are planning to stay else where. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Booking guests must be at least 25 years of age.
3. This property is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order. If items are broken, badly stained or come up missing guests will be charged a replacement fee.
6. PETS are permitted only with prior approval
7. This is home is located in a residential setting and guests should be respectful of neighbors and the general feeling of quietness in the neighborhood.
8. Please note that there is a check-out list to be completed which requests guests complete a fee tasks prior to departure.
Manzanita City Rental MCA code : 854
This is smoke free property (No smoking or vaping in or on the property) and a quiet space.
Our home is on a residential street and that means that guests retire from the outside spaces no later than 10pm. We respect our neighbors need to maintain the peaceful environment. Please keep quiet after 10pm
We do not rent to people below the age of 25 year old.
~We understand that you wouldn't dare think of leaving your furry friend behind when you go to the beach, but we kindly ask you to write us with details regarding breed/approximate weight and age prior to booking.
Most often we will will accept one to two well-mannered dog to accompany you on your travels, preferable SMALLER breeds UNDER 25 lbs.
$25 PER PET FEE
IF YOU WANT TO BRING A PET PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL WITH INFORMATION PRIOR TO MAKING PAYMENT
We do ask that you keep your pet off the furniture and bed linens. Also, please pick up after your pet's bathroom break and dispose of the organic matter in the garbage. We work very hard to provide an environment that is friendly for both our dog owners and non-dog owners, and your cooperation and understanding of these rules will allow us to maintain our pet friendly environment. Do not leave your pet unattended inside the home. If you choose to leave please take your dog or put it in a full plastic bottom crate/kennel.
Evidence of pet urine, stool, chewing or excessive hair on furniture may result in a forfeit of the security deposit.
When using the fire pit we ask that guests retire inside after 10pm.
Do not leave garbage around the fire pit and dispose of your cigarette butts (not in the fire pit) . Litter in the fire pit area will result in a $15 fee taken from security deposit.
BEFORE confirming your booking please make sure you understand the expectations of our check-out process. When you arrive you will find the place welcoming and comfortable. We want you to be able to relax and unwind.
Prior to leaving The Owls Nest:
1. All garbage cans emptied to kitchen can then taken outside to the large bin. (Keeps home free from odors for next vacationers) If your stay occurs on a Sunday night you may be asked to take the outside garbage bin to the curb if it is full. Garbage pick up is Monday morning.
2. Wash all dishes used during your stay and wipe down kitchen counters.
Massage oil ruins bed sheets, unfortunately this is a common scenario and so if sheets are stained with oil then guests will be charged from security deposit.
3. Lastly please start a load of laundry: bath room towels, hand towels, kitchen towels and cloth napkins. If you can put the wash into the dryer before you departure that is appreciated, but not expected.
PLEASE DO NOT BOOK if you are uncomfortable with the check-out procedures.
Check out time is 11am prompt and check in time anytime after 4pm
I live in Portland, Oregon with my husband, two teenage steps sons and my wonderful sweet dog Mia. When not working my husband I greatly enjoy traveling. When I was younger my parents took me and my siblings on family trips to India and from there I caught the bug to explore. As an adult I have been so lucky to travel to places in Europe, repeated visits to India and parts of IndoChina.
For the most part though, I am stationed here in Portland where I work as a full time Hospice RN. I love to garden, hike, and look forward to the time of year when I can visit the local farmer's market every week.