Follow your heart & head on over! Heart Winds House is on 50 peaceful, private acres, yet close to everything. Bedroom suite with private bath, comfy king size bed & huge bay window w/ sitting area. Enjoy comfort & hospitality on a working homestead.
WELCOME TO HEART WINDS HOUSE!
A casual Home Stay experience in a unique country homestead on 50 lovely private acres in the heart of Vermont's famous Northeast Kingdom Region.
The Maple Room at HEART WINDS HOUSE - private room for one or two with adjoining ensuite private bath.
PLEASE NOTE: We ONLY accept bookings from guests who contact us FIRST, so please send us a quick message and let us know who you are and what you are looking for in the way of accommodations, activities and hosting. However, we are open to last minute bookings and impromptu guests are welcome, so just message us. Thank you!
Just minutes from Burke Mountain Resort with skiing and boarding in the winter and adventure mountain biking in the summer. Directly on the world renowned Kingdom Trails with mountain biking and hiking in the summer and fall, and fat tire biking and cross country skiing in the winter. Private trails right outside the door for all season forays into the forest or meandering through meadows. Or, just sit back in our comfy home in our private meadow and r-e-l-a-x...listen to birds in the trees, watch the deer nibble in meadow, soak up the sun on the deck, sip tea in the shade on the back porch, stroll through the forest or nap your way through the day wherever you find a comfortable and cozy spot!
We are a working homestead and cater to nature lovers, outdoor recreation enthusiasts, history buffs, artists and world wide travelers looking for a unique and comfortable "Vermont" experience.
5 minutes from quaint, historical East Burke village with shopping, services and restaurants. 15 minutes from Lyndonville and Lyndon State College with more shopping, services and restaurants. 20 minutes from St. Johnsbury with the Fairbanks Museum and Planetarium, Catamount Theaters and Arts — and more shopping, services and restaurants.
1 hour from Montpelier, Vermont's beautiful state capitol. 2 hours from Burlington on the shores of Lake Champlain and Vermont's biggest city with an international airport, aquarium —and yet more shopping, services and restaurants. 3 hours from Boston and Montreal.
At Heart Winds House, we can accommodate 2 people with a private bath in the Maple Room, or up to 4 people TRAVELING TOGETHER who don't mind sharing a bath when the additional guest(s) also rent the POPLAR ROOM (see below; booking for the Poplar Room must be made through a separate listing). We also rent the entire house as a vacation rental — please see separate listing for that option.
MAPLE ROOM - $90 per night, double or single occupancy. Nicely appointed private bedroom with one king bed, huge bay window with meadow views, small sitting area, wireless internet, TV with Blu-Ray / DVD player and streaming Netflix. Adjoining ensuite private bathroom with antique clawfoot tub and separate shower.
POPLAR ROOM - $75 per night single or double occupancy. Rented ONLY in conjunction with the Maple Room to parties traveling together. Queen bed with large bay window, wireless internet, TV with Blu-ray / DVD player and streaming Netflix. Shares bathroom with Maple Room guests.
There is a 24 hour "refill station" with beverages and light snacks included, and refrigerator space and use of microwave and toaster are available to guests. Our APOLOGIES, but due to the fact that our kitchen is Vermont State Licensed and Health Department inspected as a commercial kitchen, we are UNABLE to offer full kitchen access.
Common Areas available to guests include: dining room, living room with cathedral ceilings and center chimney with cozy woodstove, adjacent sunroom, large wrap around deck in front and covered porch in back, and access to forests, fields and farms via trails (or road) right out the front door.
Our apologies...we LOVE pets, but our insurance company does not allow us to have guests with pets.
When we have back to back guests:
Check-in at or after 3:00pm
Check-out at or before 11:00am
When we do not have back to back guests, check-in and check-out may be flexible...just ask!
Minimum stay of 1 night and maximum stay of 5 nights.
Vermont State Rooms & Meals Taxes and all cleaning fees are included in the rates.
This listing is for a private bedroom suite on the first floor with comfy king size bed and small sitting area in a large bay window alcove with lovely meadow and garden views. There is an adjoining private full bath that includes a separate shower and antique claw foot tub. Guests are free to enjoy the large living room with cathedral ceilings and fireplace as well as the attached sunroom. There is also a wrap around deck with lounge chairs and a covered side deck with glider. Guests may store food in the refrigerator and use the microwave as well as eat in the dining room, sunroom or on the decks, but due to the fact that the Kitchen is Vermont State licensed and Health Department inspected, we cannot allow guests to cook in the kitchen. We provide a 24 hour "Refill Station" in the dining room where guests can get coffee, hot chocolate, tea and light snacks 24/7. In addition, we serve a "Light Continental Breakfast" of various cereals, yogurt, toast, fruit and baked goods along with beverages. There is covered storage for bikes and a bike wash area. There is access to the Kingdom Trails right out the front door and it is just a 10 minute drive to Burke Mountain Resort and an easy, scenic drive to all that the Northeast Kingdom has to offer.
Interakcija s gostima
We like to be on hand to greet you, help you get settled in and answer questions you may have about your accommodations, the house and the homestead! Then we will leave you to get settled in. We respect your privacy and want you to "feel at home" so please ask if you want or need anything! We are happy to answer questions about the area and all it has to offer or make recommendations for our favorite places and activities. However, we are a working homestead so there will be times when we are busy and will not be directly available, but we are always reachable, 24/7, by cell phone for our guests for any reason!
We do offer special experiences as follows:
- "Retro Rumble Seat Ramble": Tour of the most beautiful spots in the area in the Rumble Seat of a restored 1930 Model A Coupe, including champagne picnic. Please ask in advance for availability, pricing and details.
- "Peace by Piece": Mosaic classes and instruction by Studio Fresca to create anything from a small piece of jewelry in an afternoon to a trivet, mirror or mandala in a couple of days. Please ask in advance for availability, pricing and details.
- "Dinner Dine-In" by Hearty's: Enjoy a delightful dinner custom cooked for you by Chef Dave of Hearty's. Please ask in advance for availability, pricing and details.
Thank you for your consideration — it keeps things nice for everyone!
1. No smoking ANYWHERE on the property.
2. Sorry, no pets.
3. Motorized Sport Recreational Vehicles (4 wheelers, snowmobiles, off-road motorcycles, etc.) NOT allowed on property EXCEPT in parking space with cars.
4. Hunting, trapping and firearms prohibited.
5. NOT childproofed and therefore may not be suitable for young children.
6. Please confine food and eating to dining areas, sunroom and outdoors ONLY.
7. No illicit drugs and alcohol only in moderation, please.
8. Please respect areas marked "PRIVATE".
9. Please be aware that we are located at the "edge" of the wilderness where all sorts of creatures, great and small, may cross your path. Please DO NOT feed them, pet them or try to play with them. Keep your distance and enjoy them. We want to keep our wild and wonderful menagerie — as well as our guests — healthy, happy and on good terms with each other.
10 Quiet time between 11:00pm and 7:00am
11. Please be aware that this is our home and while we love sharing it with guests, we do put a lot of effort into caring for our house, the land and the wonderful natural environment, as well as keeping on good terms with our nice neighbors and great community. We hope you will respect this and keep the tradition going so that the next people who come along will be able to enjoy it, too. THANK YOU!
Ovaj domaćin ima 2 recenzije za druge smještaje.Prikaži druge recenzije