Mid-century bungalow, in a quiet, serene setting with views of the bay, and city. Enjoy sunset BBQs on the patio with soft harbor breezes and the convenience of an extremely central location. Plenty of parking in driveway or on our quiet street.
Our home is a modest mid-century bungalow in the central neighborhood of South Mission Hills which is characterized by steep canyons, and views of the headlands and harbor. It is a 3 bedroom, 2 Bath, in one of San Diego's safest, & most central neighborhoods within the City.
It has a full kitchen, washer/dryer, clean sheets, towels, hair dryer, gas BBQ grill, central heat, cable including HBO, and Wi-Fi.
There is limited AC in 2 bedrooms. The house can accommodate 6 adults with 1 King bed, and 1 Queen bed, and 1 Double Bed. There is a single chaise lounge that folds out to a bed, but it is not quite the size of a single, so would be best for a child, or small person.
You are 5 minutes by car from Sea World, Downtown, Old Town, and Balboa Park. You are 10 minutes from the beach, and 20 from the Mexican Border and North County (for the best surf).
Trolley and Bus Lines to downtown or Hillcrest, Little Italy, or Old Town are within walking distance. The bus stop is a 4 minute walk, and the trolley station to go downtown is a 7 minute walk.
There are 2 potential drawbacks to my home that may affect some: first, when weather's foggy or cloudy, it carries the sounds of the airport which is about 1 mile away. Nightly, flights are grounded after 11:30 pm, and do not resume until 6:30 a.m. As one guest said, "it's not enough to disturb our conversation or sleep however," but you may hear the sounds of the airport when it's mist rolls in, in May or June. In addition, this home was a regular rental for 40 years before I began fixing it up, so sometimes a closet door does not close properly, or an outlet may not work. We are slowly but surely fixing it up.
That said, the home is in a great central spot, and within walking distance to some of San Diego's best bars and restaurants on International Restaurant Row. It would be ideal for a quiet retreat, or for a large family wanting to experience our San Diego lifestyle.
Our guests have access to the entire home, front yard and side patio, including bbq-area with lounge chairs, and outdoor dining. There is parking in the driveway, and directly in front of the house.
Interakcija s gostima
We live in the City, but will be living at another house so will not have much interaction with our guests, but I'm always on my hand-held and happy to make restaurant recommendations, etc.
Two of the bedrooms have AC which is helpful with our increasingly hotter summer nights.
My neighbors are extremely noise-sensitive, so we ask all guests to observe noise ordinances of no loud noises after 9p.m. or before 9a.m. Also, do not park in front of their home which is a yellow house; that area of the street is public, but we ask you to save it for their family and friends to park.
San Diego is really spread out, so I always recommend a car. You can get to almost every place without going on the freeway, it just takes longer. If you are not comfortable driving, a public transit pass is $5.00 per day, and allows you to travel on any bus or trolley all over the County. Again Car2Go is a great option also.
There are several wild cats living in the canyons. They are quite friendly, so you may see them sunning themselves in the garden.
The front yard is all local native plants, so you will see a lot of humming birds, bees, butterflies, and lady bugs doing their thing.
City of San Diego TOT Licence: 611101
PLEASE NOTE BEFORE BOOKING:
NO SMOKING - Not even on the patio. If you smoke, you will need to go to the street. This is a non-smoking house. A $50 fine will be assessed to those that smoke ON the property. A minimum of a $100 fine will be assessed for those that smoke INSIDE the house. No butt litter on the street; please put it in the trashcans in the driveway.
This rental agreement includes a Zero Tolerance Policy for noise disturbances, over occupancy, or house parties. Violations of the terms of this agreement will result in fines from $500.00 up to three (3) times the rental amount, as well as forfeiture of security deposits, and immediate termination of occupancy with no refunds. See Section 3 and 13 for details.
Please do not proceed with booking if you, or anyone in your group, are not comfortable with these policies.
Tenant/Guest agrees to closely read and abide by the Terms of the agreement. As consideration for the booking and use of Short Term Rental Property during the lease term, Tenant agrees to pay Homeowner for all items specified.
1. RESPONSIBLE PARTY: Tenant is an adult at least 25 years of age and will be an occupant of Property during the entire reserved period, unless other arrangements are approved in writing by Homeowner. Tenants and/or occupants` valid government I.D. must be presented upon request. Tenant assumes responsibility for all actions of other occupants and guests. No keys or entry code will be issued to anyone who is not an adult 25 years of age. Persons not falling within the foregoing categories will be required to vacate the property immediately without any refund. Any reservation found to be obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payments, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check-in. Tenant agrees to comply with all posted homeowner rules and regulations applicable to use of the house.
2. CANCELLATION: Homeowner has a Airbnb “Strict” policy; it is a 50% refund up until 1 week prior to arrival, except fees (from Airbnb). Should Tenant wish to cancel their reservation, notice of cancellation must be in writing and through the Airbnb website, and it is Tenant's responsibility to verify receipt by Homeowner. There are no refunds for early departures, delayed arrivals, inclement weather or reduction in the number of nights reserved for any reason. Trip cancellation insurance is highly recommended. If the Property becomes unavailable or unsuitable for rent for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to, casualty loss, construction, noise, physical deterioration or loss of utility services, the Homeowner’s liability will be limited to the return of all monies paid on account at the time of cancellation by the Homeowner.
3. TERMINATION: Homeowner has the right to inspect the premises without prior notice at any time to enforce the terms of this agreement. Should Tenant or any guests violate the terms of this Agreement, Homeowner may impose fines up to three (3) times the rental amount, and may terminate Tenant's occupancy with no refunds of rents or security deposits, and Tenant shall waive all rights to due process for failure to vacate the premises upon termination. Tenant is notified that all individuals occupying the Unit will be subject to immediate eviction procedures under State law. Manager or its agent may enter the premises and remove Tenant, the members of Tenant's party, and their belongings. Noise disturbances or use of the house for any unlawful purpose including, but not limited to the possession, serving, or consumption of alcoholic beverages by persons less than 21 years of age, house parties or keg parties, beer pong, or use of common areas in a manner contrary to the provisions of this agreement, are prohibited.
IF NOISE COMPLAINTS OR OVER OCCUPANCY OCCUR, OR LAW ENFORCEMENT IS DISPATCHED TO PROPERTY DUE TO ANY DISTURBANCES OR ILLEGAL ACTIVITY ON THE PREMISES, TENANT AND ALL OCCUPANTS ARE SUBJECT TO IMMEDIATE EVICTION WITH NO REFUNDS.
4. RENTS AND PAYMENT: Payment is through the Airbnb website only. Rates are subject to change and no refunds are given in the event advertised rental rates are reduced. If a discrepancy arises between information or rates quoted verbally, on the website, email or otherwise, the rate on the reservation will prevail.
5. SECURITY DEPOSIT: If, during the dates of occupancy, Tenant causes any damage to real or personal property of the unit or premises as a result of inadvertent acts, and the total cost of damage is not covered by a Security Deposit, Airbnb will be contacted for reimbursement.
6. CHECK IN: Check-in time is 2:00 PM. Check-out is at 11:00 AM. Early check-in is allowed but must be pre-arranged. Keys or entry code will be provided once all fees and charges have been collected. If for some reason, the home is not ready for check-in you will be notified. Please do not attempt to check-in or visit the home prior to notification that the home has been cleared for check-in. Please notify Homeowner upon arrival so we may ensure everything is to your satisfaction.
7. CHECK OUT: Check out time is 11:00 AM. There is no holding over. PRIOR WRITTEN APPROVAL IS REQUIRED from Homeowner for late check-out. Cleaning and maintenance are pre-scheduled, so adhering to the Check-Out Time is very important.
8. CHECK OUT / CLEANING PROCEDURES: Property will be inspected, sanitized and cleaned prior to your arrival and after your departure. Tenant should leave the property in the same general condition at Check-In meaning:
a) Any debris, rubbish and discards removed from the home
b) Dishes and cooking messes cleaned up or put in dishwasher.
c) Put back any furniture or items that have been rearranged (inside and outside home).
d) All remote controls left in plain sight.
e) Refrigerator and unit should be left clean and free of perishable food.
f) Lounge chairs equipment, etc. put back in place.
g) BBQ cleaned with brush, and gas turned completely off.
h) Please turn-off lights, heater, air conditioner, fans, appliances, etc.
i) Please make sure all doors and windows are closed and locked.
The cleaning fee is for a standard cleaning only. If the home was left in poor condition and additional cleaning is required, fees will be charged.
9. OCCUPANCY: Tenant understands and agrees that Property shall be occupied by no more than the number of individuals (including children and infants) indicated on the website, and day/evening guests are limited to 7 persons. A charge of $100 per day per person may be imposed for excess occupancy. All day/evening guests must vacate the premises by 10:00 p.m. Should Tenant wish to entertain or have more than 4 guests,Tenant must obtain pre-approval by Homeowner in writing.
10. AMENITIES: The property is fully furnished, and includes ready-made beds, 1 set of bath towels per guest, and an equipped kitchen. Furnishings and amenities are not new and may exhibit signs of wear and tear. Amenities and furnishings are subject to change, and may or may not be the exact same as represented due to replacement, substitution or other reasons. Homeowner provides dish detergent, laundry soap, toilet paper, paper towels, and other items, however guests are responsible for personal bath items like shampoo or soap. Since a limited supply is provided, Tenant should plan to shop to replenish these items if necessary. Manager assumes no responsibility for the quality or contents of any food products left on the premises and Tenant's use and/or consumption of same is not recommended and shall be at Tenant's/Guest's own risk(s). Towels (except beach towels, if provided) and linens are not to be taken from the house.
11. TELEPHONES: Telephones are not provided.
12. DISTURBANCES: Tenant and their guests shall behave in a civilized manner and shall be good neighbors, respecting the rights of the surrounding neighbors, and shall not create noise or disturbances that interfere with the quiet enjoyment of their property. Quiet hour starts at 10:00 PM, and outdoor noise, or noise carrying outside from inside the home should be kept to a minimum regardless of the hour, and in compliance with the local Noise Ordinance.
13. TENANT`S NOTIFICATION RESPONSIBILITIES: Tenant shall call/text/email Homeowner upon arrival to property to confirm arrival. Upon arrival, Tenant agrees to examine the Unit, all furniture, furnishings, appliances, fixtures and landscaping, if any, and shall immediately report to Manager if any are not in operating condition or in disrepair. Tenant also agrees to immediately notify Homeowner of any occurrences that may cause damage to Property or adjacent units and to take reasonable measures to mitigate damage, and be responsible for damages for failure to do so. Tenant acknowledges that unless Homeowner is notified on day of check-in of any damage or cleaning concerns, Tenant will be liable. Any and all damages, breakage, lost or missing items on the Property during the occupancy will be Tenant's responsibility and must be reported to Homeowner and paid prior to departure.
14. GARBAGE: Tenant shall dispose of all waste material generated during the rental period in a lawful manner and put the trash in the exterior trash bins provided for pickup. Collection Day is Tuesday, so if you are a Tenant during this time, please put out the trash cans on the street on the corner of the property.
15. SUBLEASING/SUBLETTING: Tenant shall not sublet the property.
16. SMOKING: No smoking is allowed on the premises. If smoking does occur on the premises, Tenant may be evicted and is responsible for all damage caused by the smoking including, but not limited to, stains, burns, odors remediation and removal of debris.
17. PETS: Pets are strictly prohibited unless agreed upon prior to your booking confirmation. If an unauthorized pet is found on the premises, Tenant may and/or pet may be evicted and Tenant is responsible for any and all damage and remediation caused by pet(s), including pet allergen remediation, flea remediation and reimbursement to Homeowner for any refunds necessary to compensate affected future occupants.
18. TRANSIENT OCCUPANCY: Tenant expressly acknowledges and agrees that this Agreement is for transient occupancy of the Property, and that Tenant does not intend to make the property a residence or household.
19. OWNER'S PROPERTY: Tenant agrees not to access the owner's storage area, even if unlocked, which contains owner's personal property and may contain cleaning supplies and chemicals that could be hazardous to children and adults.
20. SMOKE DETECTORS/ CARBON MONOXIDE DETECTOR: The property has smoke detectors and a carbon monoxide detector installed and they are believed to function properly at the time of rental. Tenant will notify homeowner without delay if detectors are missing, uninstalled, "chirps" or have a low battery condition.
21. PARKING: Parking is in the driveway of the house, or directly outside the house on the street. There is ample street parking, however parking outside the neighbor’s house is prohibited. (Yellow house.)
22. SECURITY: Tenant shall see to their own and to the Property security by locking doors, windows, garage doors, etc. when it's prudent to do so and always when all guests are absent or the property is vacated.
23. NEW LOCKS OR ALTERATIONS: Tenant shall not make or permit to be made any alterations to the Premises or change or add any lock without prior consent of Homeowner.
24. LOST ITEMS: Manager shall bear no responsibility for lost, stolen or abandoned items. Every reasonable effort will be made to contact the Tenant for return. There will be a $25.00 handling charge plus shipping costs for any found items returned at Guest's request. Homeowner shall not be held liable for condition of said items. Any items not claimed for longer than 30 days, may be donated or sold.
25. TV/CABLE/WIFI: Is provided, however no refund of rents shall be given for number of devices, outages, content, or lack of content or personal preferences with regard to cable/internet/satellite service. Services are provided as a convenience only, and are not integral to this agreement. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, speed, access problems, lack of knowledge of use, or personal preferences with regard to service. Password and user names are provided inside the house.
26. AIR CONDITIONING / HEATING: The house does not have central air. However, two bedrooms have AC units. Tenant agrees that Air conditioning shall not be set below 72 degrees and heat shall not be set above 78, and that the fan setting shall be "Auto". Doors and windows shall be closed when either heat or air conditioning is in operation. There are no refunds for lack of, or malfunctioning HVAC units.
27. SYSTEM(S) / FURNISHING / AMENITY FAILURES: In the event the home sustains a failure of a system, including but not limited to water, sewer, septic, electrical, gas, plumbing, mechanical, appliances, heat pump, ventilating, hot tub or other system or structural systems, furnishings or amenities, Manager will make a reasonable and prompt effort to repair or replace the failed system or equipment, and in such event, Tenant agrees to permit Homeowner or its service provider to have reasonable access to the property to inspect and make such repairs. The homeowner shall be liable to Tenant for damages, and no refunds will be given for such failures.
28. NOISE TRANSMISSION: Tenant is aware that home is located in a quiet neighborhood within the City, so it is therefore subject to noise from nearby residences/businesses/traffic.
29. UNFORESEEN OCCURRENCES: Homeowner does not accept liability for any loss or damage caused by but not limited to the following: weather conditions, natural disasters, pests, construction, acts of God, or other reasons beyond its control. There shall be no refunds of rents because of shortened stays or ruined expectations due to work and family emergencies, unavailability of any or all parts of the house, or any other reasons. It is highly recommend that Tenant considers the purchase of travel insurance.
30. WAIVER OF LIABILITY: for spa, hot tub, Jacuzzi, whirlpool, etc. herein referred to as special feature. If so equipped, it is the tenant's responsibility to learn about safety precautions, warning signs of water conditions, and safety procedures concerning swimming in or being around the special feature. Tenant understands that the area surrounding special feature is not fenced or secure, and there are special risks that may be involved for anyone, in particular children who are not carefully supervised, person(s) intoxicated, on any kinds of drugs or medication, with health risks, or if pregnant. Tenant agrees to explain the risks of the presence and use of the special feature to all guests at the property. Tenant agrees to instruct all guests on premises to not access any off-limit, or unsafe sections of the property including roof-tops. Tenant agrees to assume all responsibility for Tenant and other guests, for the consequences of those risks and to be fully and solely responsible for any accidents that may occur. Tenant agrees to waive any claim whatsoever against property owner or Manager for accidents or claims.
31. HOLD HARMLESS: The Tenants their Guests shall hereby indemnify and hold harmless the Homeowner against any and all claims of personal injury, property damage or loss arising from use of the premises regardless of the nature of the accident, injury or loss. Tenants also expressly recognize that any insurance for property damage or loss which the Landlord may maintain on the property does not cover the personal property of Tenants, and that Tenants should purchase their own insurance if such coverage is desired.
32. ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: The undersigned, for himself/herself, his/her heirs, assignors, executors, and administrators, fully releases and discharges Manager and Owner from any and all claims, demands and causes of action by reason of any injury or whatever nature which may have occurred to the undersigned, or any of his/her occupants or guests as a result of, or in connection with the occupancy of the premises and agrees to hold Manager and Owner free and harmless of any claim or suit arising there from. In any action concerning the rights, duties or liabilities of the parties to this agreement, their principals, agents, successors or assignees the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney fees and costs.
33. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS: Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing by a Manager in advance.
34. DISPUTES: Any disputes under this Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of California. Any action relating to this Agreement shall be filed only in the San Diego County court in California. Both parties consent to the exclusive venue and jurisdiction of such court. Tenant agrees to pay all reasonable costs, attorney's fees and expenses that shall be made or incurred by Homeowner enforcing this agreement.
City of San Diego TOT Licence: 611101
Ovaj domaćin ima 124 recenzije za druge smještaje.Prikaži druge recenzije
As an avid traveler, I've been lucky enough to travel to some pretty far-away places. Along the way I've met some amazing people. Some of my best experiences have been out in the middle of nowhere, having a conversation with people who can barely speak English, yet somehow we can have a smile and a laugh, especially if there's a cold beer involved. These are my favorite experiences in life. My best accommodation experiences have always been in either someone's home, or a very simple setting. Yes, I like 5 star travel too, but I really prefer the simple things in life.
I'm excited you are checking out Midtown/Mission Hills. Not only is it super central, it is one of San Diego's best and oldest neighborhoods! Please see my "guidebook link" for all my personal favorite restaurants and bars within walking distance.
I hope you enjoy our home,
PS Despite my busy schedule, I do like to share what I know about San Diego, so let me know if you have questions prior to, or during your stay. I'm always on my hand-held and usually can reply within a few minutes.