Conveniently located just off Hwy 29, this charming, private cottage has views to astound. 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, plus a loft. 1 bedroom, 1 bath on 1st fl, 1 bedroom 1 bath on 2nd fl, loft on the 3rd level. From the spacious deck gaze out over vineyards & mountains. 5-10 minute drive to Calistoga and St Helena.
NO wifi, NO cable, NO local TV stations. Cell reception is generally good and you can use your mobile device for internet access if needed.
Cottage is completely surrounded by trees and is very private, offering a very peaceful getaway. It feels very remote but is very close to civilization. Neighbors are out of sight, but they are just beyond the trees.
DURING YOUR STAY
• You'll have access to the entire house, minus couple of owner's closets
• Please feel free to use coffee, tea, spices and oils or anything else you find in the kitchen (Disclaimer: some of these items may have been left by other guests. Please check expiration dates and use at your discretion.)
• Please use the lockbox to store the key each time you leave the house instead of taking the key with you. If you lose the key, it may be a while before someone can come by with a spare key.
CHECK OUT PROCEDURE
• Please check out by 11am so that we can ensure it's ready for our next guests
• Close and lock all windows and doors
• Turn off heating/air conditioning
• Please run the dishwasher. Other dishes not appropriate for dishwater can be left in the sink for the housekeeper.
• If you used extra bedding - air mattresses, futons, etc. - please deflate/fold and put them away where you found them
• Please leave bed unmade and any extra sheets, blankets, towels used should be left unfolded as to make it obvious it has been used (Just want to make sure they all get laundered between guests!)
Interakcija s gostima
You will be checking in/out yourself via a lockbox. I'll make myself available electronically as much as possible when I have guests. I have a local handyman and a housekeeper who can come by if there is a problem.
The loft space is not heated/air conditioned. This is not a problem with CA weather. I've been able to sleep guests up in the loft all year round. In the summer, once the sun sets, temperature will dip. Open the windows and let in the cool air. In the winter, use the space heater provided.
• Throw NOTHING into TOILET except toilet paper!! The septic system can easily back up.
• Absolutely no smoking indoors. If you smoke outdoors, please make sure it's completely extinguished and throw away the cigarette butts in the garbage can inside. Do not throw it into the yard or into the woods. (Seriously, why would you litter in my yard? or anywhere for that matter? -- I don't enjoy picking up cigarette butts from all over my yard and deck.)
• No pets, please.
I'm a busy professional with interest in travel, food&wine, and the outdoors. I've lived in San Francisco for the last eight years and grew up in Orange County, California. I have traveled to many places around the world and love exploring new places and getting to know the locals. I love discovering small treasures in the neighborhood and always prefer an interesting conversation with good company over a night out on the town. I enjoy nature and the outdoors and my favorite activities include hiking, running, and skiing. I am fun loving but in a laid back and easy going way. I believe in karma and treating everyone with respect.