The Yurt is a 12 sided room situated on a hill surrounded by lush gardens and Australian rain forest. You can hand feed the parrots & meet the resident possum all close to the beach. Great for a weekend away from the city to explore the South Coast or if your passing through, a cosy room for the night as you fall asleep listening to the sounds of the forest.
Welcome to our cosy tree tops retreat. The Yurt is 12 sided room with kitchenette and ensuite and large deck outside. As you lay in the queen size bed all you see is trees out of the 4 windows and raked timber ceiling above. Meet our resident Brush Tail Possum, the very cute Sugar Gliders and Ring Tail Possums, plus the roaming Echidnas and Swamp Wallabies that all make a home with the abundant bird life on our hill behind our home.
Located at the end of a very private, quiet cul de sac street, in the foothills of the Illawarra Escarpment, only 1 hour drive from Sydney Airport. To drive either take the M1 freeway south from Sydney then down Bulli Pass (Princes Highway) or take the scenic Grand Pacific Drive through the Royal National Park and stunning Sea Cliff Bridge on to Bulli.
The Yurt is only 5 minutes drive from Bulli Beach with the famous Sandon Point surf break or 2 minutes drive from the local music venue the Bulli Heritage Hotel.
The room has kitchenette with 4 burner gas hob, fridge, microwave oven, toaster, kettle and toasted sandwich maker. Plus cutlery,plates and an assortment of pots and pans. The ensuite has shower, basin and toilet plus under floor heating,also, towels are provided. On the queen size bed there is linen, pillows, duvet and an extra blanket. For a family travelling with a child there is a fold out single bed with all linen and blankets provided. There is an oil heater, pedestal fan also a flat screen TV with USB port. WiFi internet is available,however, the signal is not very strong due to the distance from the modem. Outside is a very large hand made timber dining table and gas Barbeque for you to use.
Sorry, I do not provide breakfast.
Free parking on the street.
Smoking outside only please.
There are 40 steps up to the Yurt, so, please be aware if you have difficulty climbing stairs.
Any questions you have do please feel free to ask. We will be very glad to help in any way we can.
Some of the attractions in the region are -
- Gravillea Park
- Foragers Market on Sunday mornings from 9am-2pm
- Surfing at Sandon Point and many other surf spots
- Yoga ( in our street is a great yoga room with Rachel - Ray Of Light)
- Hiking in Royal National Park, Illawara Escarpment
- Esplanade Cycleway along the coast
- Lookouts - Sublime, Bulli, Mount Keira
- Horse riding at Darks Forest and Otford
- Seacliff Bridge
- Bulli Heritage Hotel and live music venue
- Anitas Theater in Thirroul
- Skirmish Paintball
- Symbio Wildlife Park
- Tumbling Waters Retreat
- Sri Venkatswara Temple
- Nan Tien Temple
- Wollongong Harbour
- WIN Stadium , Wollongong
Guests can use the barbeque and deck with large timber dining table plus paved area next to The Yurt.
You are welcome to use the Wireless Internet ,however, the signal is weak due to geographical distance from modem. Works best on Yurt deck.
Interakcija s gostima
Other than showing you around when you arrive we'll completely respect your privacy and leave you alone. However, because the The Yurt and our home share a lot, we are readily available and close by if you need anything. We really enjoy meeting our guests but leave you to enjoy the surroundings in privacy.
No parties or events
Smoking outside only
Check in is anytime after 1pm and check out at 11am
When submitting an inquiry, please tell us a little about yourself and your interest in our yurt. Also let us know that you have read the full description and understand the house rules and feel comfortable staying in The Yurt.
Please keep in mind that the Yurt/treehouse is meant as a quiet retreat for 1-2 people. If you have ANYTHING else in mind, you must let us know ahead of time and get appropriate permission before booking. Photo shoots, ceremonies,barbeques with visitors etc. need to be requested in advance and are rarely allowed. Unless previously approved by us, no additional guests or visitors are allowed.
* Please leave the Yurt in the same condition you find it.
* Please put the trash out (general rubbish - red bin, recyclables - yellow) downstairs at the front of our house.
* Check in at 1pm and check out at 11am.
* Smoking outside only please.
* If you have luggage with little wheels please don't scratch the polished timber floor by dragging along the floor.
* Do not feed the Sulphur Crested Cockatoos (Large white parrots) as they damage the timber with their beaks.
* No parking on the lawn!!! Please park on the street.
* No loud music. No not disturb this peaceful neighbourhood.
* No candles.
* Please be sure of your dates when booking as dates will not be altered for change of mind.
* No pets.
My husband and I decided to host with Airbnb so we could meet people from around the world and share our special room in the rainforest. I enjoy gardening and bird watching, entertaining friends and family.