Large private room in historical neighborhood. There's a single bed, desk, Wifi, sofa for lounging, shelving for storing clothes, hanging rod for clothes. Shared kitchenette, fridge. Affordable, safe, convenient and comfortable for a value.
We're looking forward to meeting you! Our easy-to-follow House Rules are posted in each room for easy reference:
1. Upon checking in, please use clean linen from the green basket to make your bed. When checking out, put your used linen in the blue basket.
2. Store your towels in your room, on the racks behind your door. If using a shared bathroom, please take your personal items with you after using it.
3. Remove your trash from your room and place in the trash bin through the rear basement door. Use the white bin in your room for garbage, and the black bin for recycling.
4. Please return the iron and ironing board to the 2nd floor hallway closet when you are finished using them.
5. If you would like a load of laundry washed, you may leave a pillowcase full of your personal laundry outside of your door, to be washed by the house manager. The cost is $5 per load. Otherwise, the washer/dryer is for staff use only.
6. There is no cost to wash bedding and used towels during your stay. Just place those in a pillowcase outside your door as well, if you need those changed while you're staying with us.
7.Put your name on any items you store in the shared refrigerator.
8.Please clean up after yourself, especially in the kitchen, as there is no housekeeping or janitor here.
9.Kindly turn off the lights when you leave your room.
10.Be careful not to lose your room key, as there is a $30 fee for replacing all the locks, which will be deducted from your Airbnb deposit.
11.Always keep the front door to the house locked for everyone's safety.
12. Quiet hours in the house are from 10pm - 8am. Please be respectful of your neighbors, they may be studying, relaxing, or sleeping.
13. Upon checking out, please leave the room just as you found it. Please take sheets off the bed, and place in pillowcase with used towels. Put this outside your room before leaving, along with any bagged garbage.
14. The house manager, Sharon, is available by text or phone call, from 8am to 9pm only, unless of an absolute emergency.
Thank you for visiting us. We hope you enjoy your stay!
Ovaj domaćin ima 659 recenzije za druge smještaje.Prikaži druge recenzije
I'm very proud of our very nice Zen Mansion in the historic Bronzeville neighborhood. It is near the University of Chicago, IIT, McCormick Place, and all trains, buses, are also within a 5 minute walk.. Parking is free on the street, directly outside of the house. We enjoy making visitors feel comfortable, welcome and confident about traveling around Chicago.
The Mansion was purchased in 2008 and has undergone a complete rehab. We've made our house comfortable for academics and professionals. The location of the house is only one train stop away from the city center and a short walk to the lakefront.
The rooms are perfectly functional and comfortable. Our purpose is to be the best value in Chicago for comfort and convenience.
We intend to be the best value on Airbnb. The rooms are very generous in size at 22' long X 16' wide. They function very well as a suites for sleeping, working or lounging in privacy. Each room has a queen bed, dresser, desk, desk chair, sofa, love seat, chaise lounge, and relaxing art work. Bedding and towels are all included.
This location is safe, with the nearest police station just two blocks away, and we are central to all trains and buses. We are quietly the best kept secret in Chicago and we intend to make sure you have an enjoyable stay. Namaste.