This 2 bedroom, 1 bath, single family home is bright and clean, fully furnished, and loaded with amenities. It's location is perfect: 100 feet to the bay, about 100 yards to the ocean. The area is quiet and residential, and close to almost all the main attractions in beautiful San Diego
All guests must sign a short (less than 3 page) rental agreement prior to checking in.
Check-In is anytime after 3 pm; Check-Out is anytime before 10 am. No early check-ins, or late check-outs without prior advance approval.
NO SMOKING, PETS, AND ABSOLUTELY NO PARTIES.
OCCUPANCY MUST NOT EXCEED FOUR PERSONS, INCLUDING CHILDREN; AND ALSO INCLUDING VISITORS OF GUESTS: Guests must let us know, and approve, in advance, any visitors they plan on having at the cottage.
Don't leave bikes, boogie boards or any other equipment in the front yard, or otherwise unattended.
SAND is very damaging to appliances and plumbing; PLEASE don't put sandy items in washer or dryer, or rinse them in the sink; use the outdoor shower or garden hose in the back yard; there is also a foot bath for sandy feet outside the front door...and many, many thanks for your kind consideration and cooperation!
Last but not least, please don't hesitate to less us know if there's anything we can do to make your visit better, we are here to help if you need us :-)
Below is our rental agreement, which guests are required to read and sign.
1. AGREEMENT: This contract is between Clark E. Johnson and Jaime Savage [hereinafter referred to as "Host"/ "Hosts", and/or “Owner“, or “Owners], and the signer of this contract, hereinafter referred to as "Guest, or “Guests". The term "Guest” and “Guests" includes all of the occupants accompanying the signer. The names of all occupants must be registered on the contract. Use of the premises is denied to persons not registered on the contract. If others are present, Guests will have to vacate the property immediately without any refund of deposit or payment. PARTIES are NOT permitted. No additional guests or visitors are allowed at any time during your stay without prior written permission from Hosts/Owners.
2. RELATIONSHIP OF PARTIES: It is specifically agreed and understood that the relationship between the parties herein shall be deemed to be of Owner (or Host, or Proprietor) and Guest or Lodger, as opposed to a relationship of Landlord/Tenant. Guest specifically waives and makes inapplicable to this lodging the provisions of California Civil Code Section entitled Hiring of Real Property as set forth in CC et seq., and further specifically waives and makes inapplicableCCP 1159 re: forcible entry.
3. CHECK-IN TIME IS 3 PM or anytime LATER, PST; CHECK-OUT TIME IS 10 AM or anytime EARLIER, PST
4. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY/OCCUPANCY: This property has a maximum occupancy of 4 persons, including children. Please register the name of each guest occupying the property. Undisclosed guests, including undisclosed visitors of Guests, are considered serious violations of this agreement and may result in a charge against your security deposit and/or eviction without refund; Guests who want to have visitors must let Hosts know and approve in advance
Occupants: The Premises are for the sole use as a personal vacation residence by the following persons only:
1. ________________________ 2. ______________________
3. ________________________ 4. _______________________
5. NOISE AND DISRUPTIVE ACTIVITIES: ABSOLUTELY NO PARTIES PERMITTED. The cottage is located in a quiet, residential area where the properties sit very close to each other. Guests who disturb and/or disrupt the peaceful enjoyment of the neighbors/neighborhood due to Guests' behavior and/or activities risk a fine against their security deposit and/or being evicted without refund. Please be a good neighbor and keep the noise level down, especially in the evening.
6. NO SMOKING / NO PETS: Smoking of any kind is strictly prohibited inside the Premises; Guests who smoke outside must do so away from any open doors and windows of the house, and all ashes and cigarette butts must be cleaned and disposed. Additionally, NO PETS are allowed on, in, or around the Premises at any time. If there is evidence that smoking took place inside the Premises, or that pets were allowed on the Premises, inside or outside, Guests will be charged a minimum $200 deep cleaning fee.
7. CHILD PROOFING: No special efforts have been made to child proof the premises; Guests accept the risk or harm to any children allowed on the property, including, but are not limited to: access to the ocean and bay, adjacent streets and alleys, cleaning supplies in and/or around the Premises, use of toys and/or recreational equipment and/or any other equipment provided, various items and/or furniture in and/or around the Premises, and plants in and/or around the Premises.
8. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS/AGE REQUIREMENT: Guests who obtain a reservation under false pretenses will not be permitted to check-in or, if already checked-in, will be evicted from the Premises without refund. Guest signing this agreement must be responsible adults over the age of of 21 years old.
9. SECURITY DEPOSIT: A security deposit of $400 is handled by Airbnb. Please note that your account will never be charged for the security deposit, in part or whole, provided the following provision are metA. No damage is done to the property or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
B. No early check-in or late check-out without prior written agreement from the Owners
C. No linens, towels, or any other items belonging to the house are lost or damaged.
D. House keys are left on kitchen counter or dining table; all remote controls left in plain view.
E. No charges are incurred due to contraband, pets or collection of rents or services during the stay; all charged accrued during the stay must be paid
prior to departure.
F. Occupancy limit (4 persons, including children) is not exceeded without prior written permission from Hosts (this includes visitors of Guest).
G. Guests' have not disturbed neighbors, or disrupted the peaceful enjoyment of the neighborhood due to Guests' excessive noise and/or disruptive
H. CLEANING: Guests must leave the Premises in reasonably clean condition. While Guests are not expected to strip the beds, wash linens, or do other
cleaning, they are required to leave a clean stove, no dirty dishes, and clean the BBQ grill (if used). If excessive cleaning is required, Guest will be charged
10. INDEMNITY: Guest hereby covenants and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Hosts/Owners from all liability, loss, cost or obligations including actual attorneys fees on account of Guests use of the Premises and anything done or allowed to be done by Guests in, on or around the Premises.
11. LAWS/REGULATIONS/TERMINATION OF RENTAL: Guest agrees to comply with all covenants, conditions, and restrictions, bylaws, rules, regulations, and decisions of Hosts. Guest shall pay any fines or charges imposed by Hosts or other authorities, due to any violation by Guest, or visitors or licensees of Guest. All Guests shall not disturb, annoy, endanger, or interfere with other neighbors or use the Premises for any unlawful purposes, including but not limited to: using, manufacturing, selling, storing, or transporting illicit drugs or other contraband, or violate any ordinance, or commit waste or a nuisance upon or about the Premises. We (Hosts/Owners) reserve the right to refund rents, refuse rental, or terminate occupancy with or without refund if, in our sole discretion, the occupancy may be or is detrimental to the property. No refund will be given if occupancy is terminated as a result of violation of our rental regulations or if the reservation was obtained under false pretenses.
12. LIABILITY: THIS LEASE IS MADE UPON THE EXPRESS CONDITION THAT HOSTS/OWNERS SHALL BE FREE FROM ALL LIABILITY AND CLAIM FOR DAMAGES EXCEPT THOSE CAUSED BY THE GROSS NEGLIGENCE OF HOSTS/OWNERS, by reason of any injury to any person or persons, including Guest, or property of any kind, from any cause or causes, in any way connected with the said Premises, or services provided therein, or the use or occupancy thereof during the term of this Agreement, or any extensions hereof or any occupancy hereunder, in no event shall Hosts/Owners be liable for any damages from, among other things, fire, water, leaking or overflowing of plumbing, theft, or vandalism. In no event shall Owners/Hosts be liable for any conduct of any other and any such conduct shall not give Guest the right to terminate this Contract or any other agreement between Hosts/Owners and Guest. Hosts/Owners shall not be liable under any circumstances for consequential damages or injury to any Guests. Use of any and all recreational and/or any and all other equipment provided is at Guest's own risk.
13. HOLDING OVER/ REMEDIES TO HOLDING OVER: Because of the nature of short-term winter and summer recreational rentals, Guests understands and is hereby put on notice, that any unauthorized holding over of the property past the stated rental period could severely jeopardize Owners' business and cause loss of rental income from other previously booked guests; temporary and/or permanent loss of business, goodwill and reputation, and among other things, could force Owners to breach an agreement with similar short-term guests who may have reservations during the unauthorized holding over period. In the event of a default to the Rental Agreement, particularly, but not limited to Guest unauthorized "holding over" or those acts mentioned above in this agreement, and in addition to all other rights and remedies Owners may have at law, Owners shall have the option, upon verbal or written notice or as the Law may hereinafter provide, Owners or Representative of Owners may immediately re-enter and remove all persons and property from premises. In such an instance, the Rental Agreement will be terminated, and Owners shall be entitled to otherwise recover all damages allowable under the Law. The Guest, as part of the considerations of this special rental, in recognition that this property is booked in advance by other guests throughout the year, hereby waives all claims for damages that might be caused by Owners or Representatives of Owners re-entry and taking possession of premises or removing or storing property as herein provided, and will hold Owners or Representatives of Owners harmless from loss, costs and damages occasioned thereof, and no such re-entry shall be considered or construed to be a forcible entry as defined in the California Code of Civil Procedure or other similar statutory provisions.
By Signing Below, I agree to all terms and conditions of this agreement.
Signature: __________________________________, Date: _____________
We are 3rd generation owners of The Happy Little Cottage, and our own house, which is right next door. We've been best of friends and happily married for over 23 years, have lived here in South Mission Beach for...well, forever! And we love sharing this beautiful place with people from around the world and seeing the happiness it brings them ..