Spacious and homey 1000 sq ft. self-contained 2 bed, 1 bath suite 300 yards from Kailua beach (2.5 miles of white sand, no rocks, and gentle waves, voted the #1 beach in the US in 2014), and several minutes drive to Kailua town. AC, WIFI, off-street parking. Cook light meals in the well equipped kitchenette, or use the outside BBQ for grilling. We provide boogie boards, beach chairs, a beach umbrella, cooler, and beach towels, and there's an outside shower for rinsing off sand.
Cool and breezy, this is a second-story suite in a quiet area with private entrance and off-street parking on the beautiful Windward side of Oahu. Only a two-minute walk (300 yards) to the white sand of world famous Kailua Beach.
Over 1000 square feet of living space includes a large master bedroom/sitting room, huge walk-in closet, full bathroom, 2nd sleeping/living room with well equipped kitchenette with dining area and desk with free wi-fi connection. New whisper quiet split AC keep the suite cool, or if you prefer fresh air, , large ceiling fans, plenty of windows and sliding doors circulate the ocean breezes.
Sleeps 5 comfortably, with 2 Queen beds and a twin bed. If you are traveling as a family, the adults can have the bedroom/sitting room, while the children sleep/play/relax in the other room. This suite can also be connected to our adjoining studio suite (for an extra cost), making a 3 bedroom, 2 bath suite.
With high cathedral ceilings and very spacious, airy rooms, our guests often comment that the suite is much larger than the pictures can portray, and has a very comfortable, homey feel.. You can easily cook light meals in the kitchenette, as there is a glass top hot plate, a toaster oven, electric skillet, microwave, coffee maker and kettle. There is also a gas BBQ grill outside with a table and chairs for 4 for an outside eating option.
We provide beach chairs, boogie boards, a beach umbrella, cooler, and beach towels. The beach is a short 2-4 minute walk from the suite, being only 300 yards away, so it's easy to walk back and forth several times a day if you want..There's an outside shower for rinsing sand off before you come inside. If you like to rise early, it's really special to catch the sunrise and take an early walk along the beach, which is 2.5 miles of white sand with no rocks. Many of our guests have commented that even after checking out many of the beaches on the island, they prefer Kailua Beach best out of them all. Kailua Beach was actually voted the #1 beach in the US in 2014. It's also a family-friendly beach, as the waves don't ever get very big (unless there's a storm or front coming through). Lanikai Beach, another popular family friendly beach, is only 5 minutes or less by car.
Kailua town is only a couple of minutes from the suite by car, and it has grocery stores, restaurants, cafes, and some good shops and boutiques, as well as Target and Whole Foods. It's a nice town to stroll around and there's good shopping there.
Kailua is actually a central location, as Honolulu and the city attractions are about 30 minutes to the South of the suite, and the North shore and Windward coast attractions are about 40-50 minutes to the North. Waimanalo Beach, Hanauma Bay, Sea Life Park, and Mokapu Beach and Lighthouse hike are between 20-35 minutes along the coast to the South also, so Kailua is a very central place to stay as a base .
This suite has it's own private entrance. There is a small backyard with a gas grill and table and chairs for 4. Parking for one car is provided in our courtyard (off the street).
Interakcija s gostima
We live on the property and are available to help with questions or problems if needed, but other than that we do not disturb our guests.
1. Please refrain from any activities that are illegal, may unreasonably disturb other guests, or that may jeopardize the safety of others. Those unable to cooperate in this regard may be asked to vacate the premises, and will be billed for services to that point.
2. Please be as quiet as is reasonably possible, especially before 7:30am, and after 10:00pm, especially in the Malulani suite, which is upstairs, because the noise can travel somewhat to the downstairs suite. I’m not suggesting to whisper or not move about—just to be aware and considerate of others.
3. Rates apply only to the confirmed number of registered guests. Please do not invite additional guests to stay with you unless prior arrangements have been made. This includes meetings, parties and weddings which are not owner-approved.
4. There is parking provided for one car. Please ask guests who wish to visit for more than a short time to park on the street at the end of the drive.
5. Our property is smoke and pet free. Please do not smoke inside or outside on this property.
6. Please follow the local custom of not wearing your shoes inside. They should be left outside, or just inside the door.
7. Please do not use candles.
8. There is an outside shower provided to rinse sand off your feet from visits to the beach. Please avoid tracking sand inside the house, either on feet or towels.
9. Please do not drape wet towels, clothes, or swimwear on the furniture. Washing lines are provided outside for drying these items if necessary, and beach towels can also be dried on the deck railings for the upstairs suites.
10. Please avoid putting luggage on the furniture and beds.
11. There is a large trash can outside that your trash bags can be transferred to when full. Please avoid letting trash accumulate inside the suite.
12. Being the hot and humid place Hawaii is, we are prone to see ants or cockroaches from time to time. Although we take very precaution to prevent these critters from setting up in our house, they may appear if you leave any food or drinks out and uncovered. For your own comfort, please avoid leaving food and drink out and uncovered for unwelcome guests to feast on.
13. Malu Lani suite and Studio only: If you use the air conditioning, please shut the windows and exterior doors for all rooms first. If you go out turn the a/c off, then turn it back on when you get back, rather than leaving it on all day if no one is there. Leaving windows open during the day will allow the ocean breeze to help cool the suite down, making it easier to cool when you return and turn on the AC.