Nestled in a tree-lined residential neighborhood just four blocks from downtown Palo Alto, this splendidly remodeled Tudor style home is a charming, yet sophisticated retreat that offers rich architectural details - including vaulted ceilings, crown molding, plantation shutters, hardwood floors, custom built-ins and a wood-burning fireplace in the formal living room.
Perfect for entertaining, the dining room has French doors to a lush secluded garden patio. The gourmet kitchen has granite slab counters, breakfast bar, Sub Zero-like fridge and Thermador Professional gas range. Family room/den off the kitchen has a sleeping loft, and the first-floor bedroom (currently a home office) has French doors to a private backyard. There are two bedrooms with vaulted ceilings upstairs, one of which has French doors to an inviting balcony/patio. The bright upstairs bathroom has shower over tub and French doors to the balcony. Come be a part of the stimulating lifestyle of downtown Palo Alto!
Number of floors in the property: 2
Living Area: 1800
Number of bedrooms: 3
Number of Bathrooms and Type: 2 full: upstairs shower-over-tub; downstairs shower
Number of beds: 5
Master Bedroom - Floor Nr. / Type of Bed: Floor 2/double bed
Room 2 - Room Type / Floor Nr. / Bed Type: Floor 2/double bed
Room 3 - Room Type / Floor Nr. / Bed Type: Floor 1/sofabed: double
Room 4 - Room Type / Floor Nr. / Bed Type: Floor 1/double bed: loft
Room 5 - Room Type / Floor Nr. / Bed Type: Floor 1/sofabed: queen in livingroom
NOTE: children sleeping in loft should not be small (over 10 years old or older ONLY)
Available in the property: TV, Satellite/Cable, Internet, Wireless Internet (Continuous access in the listing)
Total number of TVs: 3
Location of the TVs: Living Room, Master Bedroom, Rowing room
KITCHEN AND DINING:
Available in the property: Refrigerator, Stove, Oven, Microwave, Dishwasher, Coffee Maker, Toaster, Dishes Utensils, Pantry Items, Mixer, electric can opener, Cuisinart
Dining area seats: 10
Is there a child's highchair available: No
Important details regarding "Kitchen and Dining": The dining table is configured for 4 comfortably, but can be expanded with panels that enable comfortable seating for 10. Extra six chairs (all 10 are matching) are available. Table must be protected from liquids, heat, etc. Custom table pad available. Any damage to the table will be deducted from security deposit.
Available in the property: Central Heating, Portable A/C, Central A/C, Washer, Dryer, The portable A/C is in the loft because the home A/C does not reach the loft and it gets hot there in the summer.
Available in the property: BBQ / Grill, Deck / Patio, Balcony, Lawn / Garden, Beach chairs
Type of BBQ / GRILL: Propane. Please note that Propane is not provided. All tanks and filling station can be found nearby at Home Depot straight down University Avenue
-electronic keyboard/piano in rowing room is available but in the event it is not functional or working as intended we can offer no support or troubleshooting services.
-there is an outlet for electric/plug-in hybrid car charging in our driveway however if such outlet is not functional or working as intended we can offer no support or troubleshooting services.
Interakcija s gostima
For your privacy and comfort, we are not on site. However, we are very responsive hosts and are just a text, email, or phone call away if anything comes up.
Palo Alto occupancy tax rate is 14%, the tax is Included in our basic rate.
There are 3 traditional bedrooms. Two upstairs with traditional beds. Our downstairs bedroom has a sofa bed. The living room has huge really nice, upgraded mattress pullout sofa bed.
All beds are "full" except the living room sofa bed (queen)
Facts and Features
2 space + street
1650 sq. ft
This Rental Agreement and Contract (the "Agreement") is a legally binding agreement made and entered into as of the Reservation Date booked between the undersigned person(s) or company (the "Guest") and the undersigned owner, manager or agent ("Rental Agent"), pursuant to which the Guest has agreed to rent the residence (the "Property"), for the duration of the Rental Term specified in the booking, covered by the Total Rental Fee and other good and valuable consideration.
Guest agrees that no more than 8 persons shall be permitted on the Property at any time during the Rental Term, all of whom shall comply with the conditions and restrictions imposed upon Guest under this Agreement.
CONDITION AND USE OF PROPERTY
The Property is provided in “as is” condition. Rental Agent shall use its best efforts to ensure the operation of all amenities in the Property, such as internet access, satellite or cable TV access or hot tubs (when available), fireplaces as applicable. Rental Agent shall not be held responsible for such items failure to work, but will make every effort to correct any issues as reported as quickly as possible. Guest acknowledges that use of amenities such as hot tubs, pools, spas, fireplaces, decks, and the like may be potentially dangerous and involve potential risks if improperly used, particularly with regard to children and such use is at the Guest’s own risk.
Guest shall use the Property for residential purposes only and in a careful manner to prevent any damage or loss to the Property and keep the Property in clean and sanitary condition at all times. Guest and any additional permitted guests shall refrain from loud noise and shall not disturb, annoy, endanger, or inconvenience neighbors, nor shall Guest use the Property for any immoral, offensive or unlawful purposes, nor violate any law, association rules or ordinance, nor commit waste or nuisance on or about the Property.
If Guest should fail to comply with the conditions and obligations of this Agreement, Guest shall surrender the Property, remove all Guest’s property and belongings and leave the Property in good order and free of damage. No refund of any portion of the Total Rental Fee shall be made and if any legal action is necessary, the prevailing party shall be entitled to reimbursement from the other party for all costs incurred.
ASSIGNMENT OR SUBLEASE
Guest shall not assign or sublease the Property or permit the use of any portion of the Property by other persons who are not family members or guests of the Guest and included within the number of and as permitted occupants under this Agreement.
RISK OF LOSS AND INDEMNIFICATION
Guest agrees that all personal property, furnishings, personal affects and other items brought into the Property by Guest or their permitted guests and visitors shall be at the sole risk of Guest with regard to any theft, damage, destruction or other loss and Rental Agent shall not be responsible or liable for any reason whatsoever.
Guest hereby covenants and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Rental Agent and their agents, owners, successors, employees and contractors from and against any costs, damages, liabilities, claims, legal fees and other actions for any damages, costs, attorneys fees incurred by Guest, permitted guests, visitors or agents, representatives or successors of Guest due to any claims relating to destruction of property or injury to persons or loss of life sustained by Guest or family and visitors of Guest in or about the Property and Guest expressly agrees to save and hold Rental Agent harmless in all such cases.
Guest hereby waives and releases any claims against Rental Agent, the Property owner and their successors, assigns, employees or representatives, officially or otherwise, for any injuries or death that may be sustained by Guest on or near or adjacent to the Property, including any common facilities, activities or amenities. Guest agrees to use any such facilities or amenities entirely at the Guest’s own initiative, risk and responsibility.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITIES: EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED IN THIS AGREEMENT, NEITHER LANDLORD NOR OWNER MAKES ANY WARRANTIES TO GUEST OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT. NEITHER RENTAL AGENT NOR OWNER WARRANTS, AND NEITHER SHALL BE LIABLE, TO GUEST OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY UNAVAILABILITY OR INOPERABILITY OF KAYDAR’S SERVICES, TELECOMMUNICATIONS SYSTEMS OR THE INTERNET, TECHNICAL MALFUNCTION, COMPUTER ERROR, CORRUPTION OR LOSS OF INFORMATION, OR OTHER INJURY, DAMAGE OR DISRUPTION OF ANY KIND TO PERSON OR PROPERTY ARISING FROM EVENTS BEYOND THE REASONABLE CONTROL OF RENTAL AGENT AND/OR OWNER. IN NO EVENT SHALL EITHER RENTAL AGENT OR OWNER BE LIABLE TO GUEST FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF SAVINGS OR LOSS OF BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY, EVEN IF SUCH DAMAGES ARE FORESEEABLE AND WHETHER OR NOT SUCH PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF. EACH OF RENTAL AGENT AND OWNER’S MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY HEREUNDER SHALL NOT EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY GUEST TO OWNER UNDER THE RENTAL AGREEMENT FACILITATED THROUGH RENTAL AGENT’S SERVICES.
ENTRY AND INSPECTION
Rental Agent reserves the right to enter the Property at reasonable times and with reasonable advance notice for the purposes of inspecting the Property or showing the Property to prospective purchasers, renters or other authorized persons. If Rental Agent has a reasonable belief that there is imminent danger to any person or property, Rental Agent may enter the Property without advance notice.
UNAVAILABILITY OF PROPERTY
In the event the Property is not available for use during the Rental Term due to reasons, events or circumstances beyond the control of Rental Agent, Rental Agent will apply due diligence and good faith efforts to locate a replacement property that equals or exceeds the Property with respect to occupancy capacity, location and value that meets the reasonable satisfaction of the Guest. If such replacement property cannot be found and made available, Rental Agent shall immediately return all payments made by the Guest, whereupon this Agreement shall be terminated and Guest and Rental Agent shall have no further obligations or liabilities in any manner pertaining to this Agreement.
ADDITIONAL TERMS TO THE RENTAL AGREEMENT
In addition to the standard terms included herein, Guest acknowledges and agrees that the following additional terms and conditions apply to the Guest’s rental of the Property:
- Appliances: Only use appliances for their intended uses.
- Pets: No pets are allowed inside the home or any other structure at the Premises, including any barns or sheds. If evidence of pets is found at a Property, Guest will be charged an additional cleaning fee of at least $500 to clean the carpet, upholstery, and drapery..
- Parking: Parking is limited to 1 vehicles on the parking pad nearest to the house. Please note that Menlo Park city does NOT allow street parking between 2AM - 5AM, daily.
- Please no red wine, coffee or tea without lid/top in living room. You may be charged for upholstery cleaning/replacement if the cream colored sofa is stained.
- Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate.
- Garbage: Normal household garbage disposal for the maximum occupancy of the houses is included. For special events and large parties, Guest is responsible for removing extra garbage from the property upon departure. You may be charged for garbage disposal if excessive garbage is left on the property. Our garbage collection day is Monday. If you are staying overnight on Sunday, please push all garbage cans out to curb side Sunday evening and return the garbage cans to behind the fence by Monday evening.
- Fireplace: The fire place is for decorative purposes only and not intended for heating or cooking.
- Smoking: No smoking inside the house. Please smoke outside the house on paved or cement areas only, and pick up all cigarette butts and place them in the garbage once extinguished. If you smoke in the house and/or cigarette butts are littered on the ground, you may be charged up to $600 for odor removal/clean-up.
- Plumbing: Please DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the plumbing system, Guest will be charged damages.
- Please minimize use of garbage disposal at kitchen sink by using compost bin for food scraps.
- Please rinse off all plates well (even if you're placing them in the dishwasher) to reduce likelihood off ant visitation.
- Private Areas: The locked pantry closet located in the dining area, the back house and the 2 parking spaces nearest to the house are not part of this rental.
- Quiet Hours: After dusk, outdoor noise after dark must be kept to conversational levels to be respectful to our neighbors.
*** This is a NO SHOES house, please remove exterior shoes inside the home.***
- Guest will keep all exterior access points to the Property (e.g., doors, ground-floor windows) locked at all times during the rental period when the Property is not occupied by Guest or its guests.
GUEST RESPONSIBILITIES: Guest represents and warrants to Landlord as follows:
- Guest is over the age of 24 years and has full power and authority to enter into this Agreement and perform his/her obligations hereunder without restriction or limitation of any kind.
- Guest will abide by all conditions, restrictions and requirements: (1) imposed by controlling law; (2) set forth in this Agreement; and (3) posted or provided at the Property or on the grounds of the Property, whether by Owner or by a homeowners association or similar group or body.
- Guest will not do, or allow others to do, anything on or near the Property that could be considered a nuisance to any third party.
- Guest and his/her guests will not damage the Property or any appointments, furniture or fixtures in the Property, nor shall Guest and its guests remove any article of personal property from the Property premises. Guest acknowledges and agrees that damage, loss or injury to the Property due to failure by Guest and his/her guests to abide by these reasonable restrictions shall be subject to remedy through, in part, use of the Security Deposit as provided in this Agreement.
This Agreement contains the entire agreement between the parties with regard to the rental of the Property, and any changes, amendments or modifications hereof shall be void unless the same are in writing and signed by both the Guest and the Rental Agent. The laws of the California State shall govern this Agreement. The words "Rental Agent" and "Guest" shall include their respective heirs, successors, and representatives. The waiver or failure to enforce any breach or provision of this Agreement shall not be considered a waver of that or any other provision in any subsequent breach thereof. If any provision herein is held invalid, the remainder of the Agreement shall not be affected. Any notice required to be given under this Agreement shall be in writing and sent to the contact information included herein. This Agreement may be signed in one or more counterparts, each of which is an original, but taken together constitute one in the same instrument. Execution of a digital signature shall be deemed a valid signature.
VIEW ALL OF OUR AIRBNB PROPERTIES HERE!
Hi there! We would like to welcome you to our company, Air Concierge, Inc. As co-founders we set out to establish the first of its kind, dynamic vacation home rental services company serving vacation homeowners throughout California including San Diego, San Francisco (and Marin), Los Angeles, Palm Springs, Lake Tahoe and Orange County (coastal).
The goal of our company and team is to ensure our guests experience first class service while staying in our homes, whether it's a 5 bedroom beachfront home or a bungalow in the city. These homes are owned by some wonderful, hard working folks who have opened their homes and spaces to us and thus to you.
A note from our Co-Founders (Ryan Danz)
Ryan: "Growing up in the Bay Area and spending my adult years in San Diego makes me feel like a native to everything from Coronado to Lake Tahoe. California is truly the most incredible place on earth, from the beaches to the mountains and so I decided to buy houses in both. Then those houses became vacation rentals and I decided to travel between both of them. Then I realized there was something to having a deeper understanding as an owner/host, guest and manager. So I started a company that caters to these exact types of homes and spaces which you can check out online A ir Co ncierge do t net.
Now Air Concierge not only oversees my own homes but over 265+ throughout California and Nevada regions. We have an amazing staff of professionals, concierges, cleaners and vendors all working to make sure our client's homes and their guests are as well taken care of as if they were my own. I'm most proud of the reviews we've received as a host of these homes and as a management option for our clients.
In my personal time I train Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and try and run around the world in search of adventure and the unknown. That stems from a semester abroad in Spain during my law school years and was recently replenished after I was fortunate enough to not only make it on, but be a finalist on the Emmy award winning show The Amazing Race (season 21)."
You may also receive communication from those on our staff through this account including Daniel, Gabriela, Nicki, Laura, Tammy or Claire E.