Hi James. We're sorry that your review does not reflect our understanding of your experience at the home.
To respond to certain issues:
- You have stated "The WiFi did not work for many days during my stay, and there was no explanation from the host as to why this was so." This is dishonest and a false statement. Within our messages on AirBnB we had the following conversation:
Simon: "Hi James. I hope you're doing ok. I need to bring up the topic of internet usage. We have used 100GB (approx $90 USD) in 6 days which is quite insane. Our normal usage is 100GB in 3 weeks, I've asked the other guys to watch their usage, but if I could request the same of you I'd appreciate it. Please don't stream...Surfline is really not our favourite topics as you may have realised previously but whilst we have no other option we must live with it. I appreciate your consideration. Thanks James.
James: "Ok. thanks for letting me know".
Quite simply, you did know. We also told you directly that we had to top up twice as you personally used almost 200GB in 3 weeks, which breached our house rules of only using wifi for "normal usage" (not streaming, nor heavy downloads). This is an excessive amount. We exceed our monthly top up limit, which is why for 5 out of 30 days of your stay (the only period you went without Wifi) we could not offer you wifi. We literally went to the limit of how we could help you, and you did not respect our house rules.
- The kitchen was messy because you would leave burnt rice pans for days which we do not believe is our job to clean up.
- "The dining table was often not available for me to use." We don't understand this. It was available always.
- "There was no microwave" - That is correct. We never stated there was and given there is a 5 hob stove and oven, reheating food is pretty straight forward.
- "the host did not seem to have much interest in knowing and accommodating the peculiar needs of an AirBnB guest" - you stated prior to your arrival that you would need a desk to allow you to work in private. We thus purchased a desk and chair for your needs. We feel this is very accommodating.
Quite simply, many of these issues you also didn't raise, so it's hard for us to address at the time and given you stayed for 30 days we feel there was plenty of opportunity for you to speak with one of us. You were able to call at 0130 and complain about WiFi, and also call and complain that the front door had been locked, when you had a key on your key ring.
We feel we went over and above what we could do to help, and are disappointed with your dishonest statements and inaccurate feedback.
Regardless, we still wish you well and hope that you are able to find your own place and settle back in Ghana as is your ultimate hope. All the best.