Come stay and unwind at the historic Postmaster's House in the beautiful hamlet of Hillier - the birthplace of wine in Prince Edward County (2hrs from Toronto, 3hrs from Ottawa, 4hrs from Montreal). Our beautiful 3-bedroom 1890's house is your perfect home base to explore The County! Located in the heart of wine country, walking distance to Jamie Kennedy's very popular J.K. Farm Summer Dinner Series, minutes to all the great restaurants & shops as well as the famous Sandbanks and North Beaches.
Experience rural elegance in our rustic-modern, comfortable and quaint 3-bedroom 1890's house that is situated just down the road from Jamie Kennedy's farm and home of his J.K. Farm Summer Dinner Series (Saturdays - May 20th to Oct. 7th, 2017). Walk next door to Stanners Winery, grab a bottle of estate County Pinot Noir or Chardonnay, unwind and begin to explore all there is to offer in The County!
Situated in the heart of wine country (over 40 wineries and craft breweries), explore the wine route (by car or by bike), the stunning sand vistas at Sandbanks and North Beaches, Wellington (home of The Drake Devonshire and other incredible restaurants - 10 min away), Bloomfield and it's array of cafes and boutique shops, or partake in the many other talked about attractions/activities PEC has to offer. A quiet couples retreat or family-friendly (with kids' playground down the street), The Postmaster's House in the heart of historic Hillier is the perfect home base to explore and fall in love with Prince Edward County.
Originally built and occupied by the postmaster for Hillier and surrounding area, our 1890's recently renovated home offers all the modern amenities while maintaining the historic charm with it's rustic modern decor. It offers 3 bedrooms (master bedroom has a en suite bathroom), main bathroom with bathtub/shower as well as a wash up sink in the second bedroom. The house accommodates up to 6 people very comfortably.
- Living room with sofa, love seat and cozy armchair
- Dining room with seating for 6, French doors open onto back deck with outdoor seating area under a beautiful pergola
- Big, bright fully-stocked kitchen complete with full-size appliances and dishwasher. Kitchen island with 4 stools. High chair available if needed. Pots/pans, dishes, and cutlery all provided.
- Laundry facilities (detergent not included)
- Master bedroom w/ Queen bed and ensuite bathroom (2-piece)
- Second bedroom w/ Double bed and wash-up sink/vanity
- Third bedroom w/ Double bed
- Main bathroom w/ shower and tub
- All bedrooms have ceiling fans & window air conditioners
- Deck with BBQ, dining table and 6 chairs
- Good size backyard surrounded by a picket fence for dogs and kids to play (not fully enclosed)
Guests have full run of the house and yard. The barn is used for storage. The driveway has parking space for 4 cars.
- Linens and bath towels for up to 6 people (we do not provide beach towels)
- Soap and shampoo
- Kitchen supplies such as coffee, tea, bottled water as well as pots, pans, utensils, glasses/mugs, etc.
- 1 child's high chair
- 2 hairdryers
- Iron and ironing board
- Stereo w/CD player, radio and AUX input
- Provincial Park pass for North Beach and Sandbanks
- Selection of board games, books, magazines, puzzles
- Laundry facilities (please bring your own liquid soap + dryer sheets)
Interakcija s gostima
We use a lockbox system for easy and convenient check-in, but we live 5 minutes away and are available if needed via text, email or phone.
There is no TV. No one's ever missed it. This is your opportunity to UNPLUG.
- No smoking inside the house.
- Dogs are welcome, but you must pick up after your dog and keep them off the furniture. Backyard is not fully fenced - do not leave dogs unattended.
- Maximum occupancy is 6 people, including children and infants.
- Up to 4 additional guests permitted on the property (eg. dinner party, BBQ, kids play date, etc) between the hours of 7am - 11pm.