Take a step back in time and relive the days of the Battle of Gettysburg at the Christian K. Shriver Farm. Today, the 215-acre farm appears much as it did during the battle, but now has a 3-bedroom, 1.5-bathroom vacation rental home with a heated, in-ground swimming pool (open Mid-May through Mid-September) and modern amenities for a comfortable stay. The property is perfectly situated 6 guests seeking to escape the hustle of the town, but still have easy access to the battlefield, Visitor Center, tourist attractions, and dining.
Master Bedroom: Queen Bed | Bedroom 2: Full Bed | Bedroom 3: Queen Bed
Situated along a lightly traveled countryside road, this stone farmhouse makes it easy to escape the hustle and bustle of your busy, everyday life.
The home is nestled on a farm which actively raises a few beef animals, along with 270 acres of corn, hay, wheat and soybeans. Look forward to sitting on the porch swing or chairs on the home’s front porch while watching the cattle grazing and crops growing during the summer months. Here, you can imagine what this farm was like during the Civil War when it served as shelter for the wounded.
Step inside to make yourself at home in 2,000 square feet of comfortably appointed living space. Inviting, old-fashioned decor, along with historical information and pictures about the Shriver family invites you into every room.
You’ll love having a spacious, fully equipped kitchen to prepare home-cooked meals, and you can easily serve your masterpieces the whole group at the dining table with seats for 6 to 8.
After breakfast, lunch, or dinner, gather with loved ones in the living area, which features a decorative fireplace, piano, flat-screen satellite TV, and plenty of furniture for the whole group to get comfortable. Turn on the TV, record player or play a tune on the piano while making light conversation with your friends and family.
In the other sitting area, white walls, a roll-top desk, and more comfortable furnishings set the perfect ambiance for reading a book.
On sunny days, head outside to the spacious backyard, where there is a private, fenced-in, heated in-ground, 18-foot by 40-foot swimming pool. Splash around in the pool or lounge on the side while enjoying the serene country surroundings and peaceful sounds of nature. Afterwards, gather around the picnic table to enjoy a meal in the beautiful outdoors.
When it’s time to call it a day, retreat back inside to take your pick of one of the cozy beds to rest your head. The master bedroom offers a queen-sized bed, the second bedroom has a full-sized bed and the third bedroom offers a queen-sized bed. For additional sleeping accommodations, an extra person can sleep on the living room’s couch or bring their own air mattress, as this home allows a maximum of 8 guests.
Interakcija s gostima
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, private, fenced-in, heated in-ground swimming pool, picnic table, front porch with swing and chairs, record player with old records, in-unit laundry machines, satellite TV, free WiFi, and much more
- The Christian K. Shriver Farm takes you back in time and gives you the opportunity to experience what it was like to live on an actual Civil War Farm. For more information about the farm and it's intriguing history, please visit this link: (URL HIDDEN)
- Fantastic location - Easy access to downtown Gettysburg, Gettysburg National Military Park, Gettysburg Museum, Gettysburg National Cemetery, licensed battlefield guided tours, the Outlet Shoppes at Gettysburg, and Liberty Mountain Resort!
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Please note that this is a working farm, and guests should refrain from areas other than the house, pool, and yard areas
- Pool is open from mid May to mid September
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in