A quaint cabin located on 10 acres nestled in the Shenandoah mountains. Close to everything including: 10 minutes from the Shenandoah river, 15 minutes to George Washington National Forest access, 15 minutes from Luray, 25 minutes from Massanutten ski resort. Propane grill, 2 queen air mattresses, and other accessories included.
A cozy, open, airy house surrounded by trees with wrap-around porches. The kitchen is fully equipped with coffee maker (coffee and tea provided), margarita machine (tequila not provided :-)), utensils, plates, microwave, toaster, etc. The kitchen spills into the living room and dining room to create one large open space with vaulted ceilings. The living room has a couch, two chairs, and room for two queen air mattresses for extra guests. The living room opens up to a large enclosed porch through two sliding glass doors and has a table that can seat 10 people. A propane grill is stored on the enclosed porch and can be used once moved onto one of the two open air porches.
There are three bedroom each with a bed (two queens and one full), closet, and some shelves. The bathroom is stocked with toilet paper, shampoo, conditioner, soap, towels, and wash clothes among other things.
Guests are welcome to hike around the property but should be careful to stay within property lines which are not clearly marked. Wildlife is abundant on the property including birds, squirrels, deer, and an occasional bear or two (see picture from the porch).
Water source is from a well and may occasionally smell especially upon first arrival. Water is safe to use but I would highly recommend bringing your own drinking water.
The entire house and property with the exception of the basement and office which are both locked.
- Respect the property, house, and neighbors. If a neighbor comes to check on the property, be kind and state that you know me and are borrowing the place for a couple days.
- No pets allowed inside the house; however, pets are allowed in the enclosed porch area.
- No smoking allowed inside the house. Smoking allowed around the property and on the open air porches (not the enclosed one).
- Please take all trash with you in order to not attract the bears. A landfill is located about a mile towards Luray on 340.
- Please wash any dishes that you use and place them back where you found them.
- Please make sure the following items are off when leaving: all interior and exterior lights, faucets, coffee pot, and stove.