Newly refurbished home in orchard nestled by bay/beach is cozy for 2 yet comfortable with 4.
This Listing is ONLY 1/2 the House/One Level which we offer if your dates are w/in 30 days and the whole home is not fully booked. Pls note that the 2 levels of the house, each with separate kitchen/living space, may be rented to 2 separate parties at the same time.
Please see listing https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/483622?location=Inverness%2C%20CA of the whole house if your dates are beyond 30 days.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOUSE: Due to the quiet neighborhood, the number of guests permitted on the property at any given time is the total number of people requested in the reservation.
A WORD ON RATES:
This is a 2 level home with no internal staircase that is generally offered as a Whole House (sleeps 8 adult plus 2 children): $500/night.
If the whole house has not been booked 30 days in advance of stay, we will open reservations for the Upper Main House and the Lower Mews separately.
One Area Only: $350/night for up to max of 4 guests.
Sadly, we cannot accommodate pets.
This NEWLY RENOVATED traditional family beach house is walking distance to the child-friendly Shell Beach. Walk out of house to trails to explore in the Tomales State Park and Point Reyes Nat'l Sea Shore. Within minutes walk and drive, there are good places to eat out and shop.
Our guests have found it perfect for two families, a multi-generational family, and even a mini executive meeting group.
We are often told that the home’s gardens are one of the sunniest spots in Inverness.
-Expansive lower lawn and fruit trees/orchard
-Partially covered upper brick patio with comfort seating leads onto a private upper lawn
-accommodates large gatherings on teak benches, deep seating cushioned chairs, and various large garden dining tables.
-The house is full of good books and board games and good WIFI.
-Each level has full kitchen, 2 bedrooms, fireplace, dining area, desk/work space, full bath and garden/lawn area.
-Remodel includes handmade cherry counters, reclaimed ceiling beams, vintage stove, bosche dishwasher, and hardwood flooring.
-Upper Main- 1 Queen, 2 XL Twin that convert to Cal King.
-Lower Mews- 1 Queen, 4 Twins (2 bunkbeds).
-Organic Coyuchi linens complete the experience.
Guests will be able to access the entire living and outdoor space of one level of the home. Each level has its own private entrance, full kitchen and bath, living/dining space and outdoor patio/lawn/sitting area.
Interakcija s gostima
*If you are looking to rent just 1 level of the home and are within 30 days from your planned stay, please book on our our listing site: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/483622.
We have a wonderful rental host who lives just down the street who you can meet and is available to answer questions that may arise during your stay.
By booking this home, you are agreeing to the following Rental Agreement: Canterbury Beach House, Inverness, California, USA Canterbury Beach House, Inverness, California, USA
All communication during your stay should be with our rental agent (“Agent”) as indicated in the Welcome Packet.
Lease Agreement: This Lease Agreement is made as of the date signed below and receipt of full payment, between Ashley Tobin and Jim Watters (“the Lessors”) and the person(s) who has signed this Agreement below (“the Lessees”), for either the ____ whole, or ____ ONLY the Upper Main or ____ ONLY the Lower Mews level of the house (the “Rental Area”) on a certain parcel of land with buildings thereon, known as Canterbury Beach House and located in Inverness, California, to hold and occupy during agreed-upon dates. The agreed-upon portion of the home and the designated dates are as indicated in the online Quote/Reservation. The parties hereto agree that rental and related payments shall be made to the Lessors.
*By Booking Online, Lessee(s) understand that they are agreeing to this Lease Agreement and that the Lease Agreement is considered signed electronically and that this takes the place of a hard copy signed version. The Total Fees as set out in the online Quote are due immediately to secure dates. The reservation is not confirmed prior to Agent’s receipt of full payment. Lessors accept the first full payment received for any given inquiry.
Check-in Time is 4:00 p.m. and Departure Time is by or before 11:00 a.m. The Lessees agree to contact the Agent if the Lessees have any concern regarding the accommodations and further agree to make contact within 1 hour of discovering the concern. Initials: _______(URL HIDDEN) The parties further agree that:
1. No more than the total number of people as stated the Quote/Reservation shall occupy or be present on said premises for the term of the lease. For clarity, only the agreed upon number of guests in the reservation are permitted on the property at any given time during the rental period, and no more. Failure to comply with this term is a material breach, and is cause for Lessors to ask Lessee(s) to immediately vacate the premises and for Lessors to withhold a full refund of the security deposit.
2. The Lessees will not re-let or sub-let the whole or any part of said premises nor assign this lease, nor use or permit any part of the premises to be used for any purpose other than a residential property without the written consent of the Lessors under penalty of forfeiture of this lease.
3. The Lessors or the Agent may enter into and upon the premises at reasonable hours of the daytime to examine the same or to make such repairs or alterations therein as necessary for the preservation thereof after proper notification of this intent to the Lessees.
4. The Lessees will keep the said premises in as good repair and as clean as it was at the beginning of the lease (if excessive cleaning is required and/or rearrangement of furniture, it may result in deductions from the security deposit. See #8), and that the expiration of said term to yield up the peaceful possession thereof to the Lessors or their Agent. Damage caused by elements other than through the fault of the Lessees is the responsibility of the Lessors. Initials:______
5. The Lessees agree that they will observe and conform to all local ordinances and regulations regarding internal wood burning fires, fire hazards and outdoor fires and specifically that they will not kindle or permit any outdoor fires on the premises. Lessees are responsible for knowing the Spare-the-Air days for the local area and shall not use the fireplaces on non-permitted days. Up-to-date information and Spare-the-Air Alert Days can be found at (URL HIDDEN) spare the (URL HIDDEN) No spaces. The property is in the "Coast and Central Bay" zone.
6. The Lessors warrant that the plumbing, heating, electrical systems and appliances are in good working condition and any cost of repairs, if needed, is the responsibility of the Lessors unless the fault is caused by the Lessees through negligence.
7. If the premises should be destroyed or become uninhabitable prior to Lessees taking possession, any and all funds received by Lessors are to be returned to Lessees.
8. The Lessors are responsible for the cost of utilities unless otherwise stated.
9. The security deposit will be refunded within 21 days (usually within 10 days) of the termination of this lease. During the lease period, the Lessees are responsible for the cost of all phone calls in excess of our contract (reasonable local free) and for cleaning up (i.e. tidy kitchen, dishes washed, trash gathered) to pre-rental condition, unless otherwise stated. Failure to accomplish the above may result in deductions from the security deposit. Additionally, any parties held on the premises, any additional guests on the premises beyond the number listed on the Quoted reservation, or Lessee’s failure to depart the premises at the agreed upon date and time shall be causes for Lessors to withhold a full refund of the deposit.
10. Exterior maintenance is the responsibility of the Lessors.
11. No pets shall be allowed on or in the premises for the duration of this lease. Initials:______
12. Parking is limited to two (2) vehicles per level of house occupied (4 cars total if whole house is occupied). Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only. Parking on the road is not permitted. Any illegally parked cars will upset our neighbors, are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees and is the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
13. The Lessors are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises. The Lessors are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the Lessees and their guests. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all Lessees and their guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
14. The Lessees hereby agree that, upon the signing of this lease and the making of the payment, should it become impossible for the Lessees to occupy the premises due to no fault of the Lessors, the amount paid shall be retained by the Lessors as liquidated damages. Should this situation arise, the Lessors will try to release or sublease the premises and any monies received through releasing or subleasing will be returned to the initial Lessees, but subject to and not more than the original lease amounts paid under the payment schedule, and less a $100.00 cancellation fee.
15. No smoking permitted inside or outside on the premises.
16. Directions will be issued upon completion of payment.
17. All the covenants and agreements herein contained shall be for the benefit of and shall apply to and bind all parties hereto.
*By Booking Online, Lessee(s) understand that they are agreeing to this Lease Agreement and the Lease Agreement is considered signed electronically and that this takes the place of a hard copy signed version. ___________________________/________ Lessee(s)/Date Lessee’s Address and email: ____________________________________ ____________________________________ ____________________________________ Phone #______________________________
- 1. This is not a party house. Only the total number of guests requested in the reservation is permitted on the property at any given time.
- 2. This is a quiet neighborhood and we ask that all respect the "Quiet Hour" after 10 p.m.
- 3. We recommend that you bring house slippers, as we have recently redone all the flooring and ask that you leave your shoes at the door.
- 4. Please bring your own beach towels. We provide bath towels but ask that they not leave the house.
- Thank you!