A beautiful 1942 Alberta Arts Urban Cottage, with MODERN amenities and VINTAGE charm! 10+ MINs from DOWNTOWN & PDX AIRPORT! A fantastic location nestled perfectly between the ALBERTA ARTS District, Concordia University, Parks & the fun and quirky McMenamins KENNEDY SCHOOL! Located in one of the most popular Portland neighborhoods, the Urban Cottage offers a peaceful escape, a comfortable setting, and WALKING DISTANCE to wonderful RESTAURANTS, PARKS, SHOPS, BARS, CAFES, and ART GALLERIES!
This craftsman 1942 Alberta Arts Urban Cottage has all the Portland charm you're looking for and with all modern upgrades. Laney was the architect and Brent was the project manager for this 250 sf cottage. Our design priority was to make sure the cottage was beautiful, comfortable, with high functionality and adequate storage space. Besides having modern amenities, having a space with local flair is important to us. The cottage was renovated with local salvaged materials, including 100-year-old barn wood, Prett and Larson tiles, period lighting fixtures, and an intricately designed ceiling constructed of local doug fir wood. Upon entry behind a wooden gate, you will have your own outdoor space and a private entry to the cottage. The living room french doors open to the backyard. The alternating stairs lead to a sleeping loft, a large operable skylight provides great views of the stars at night. The comfortable couch bed in the living room provides an additional sleeping option. The kitchenette is economical and well equipped with all of the necessities, including a washer/dryer unit. The teal and white color theme and greek soaking tub in the bathroom will help you decompress after a long day of exploring the rose city.
There is plenty of street parking in front of the cottage. You have the entire guest cottage and an outdoor private space with bistro table and chairs. 2 free bikes for cruising around town.
Interakcija s gostima
We enjoy meeting all of our guests, but we respect their privacy and space as well. Please feel free to interact with us as much, or as little as you'd like. :)
- We offer complimentary snacks, local wine and coffee, as well as natural herbal soaps and shampoo!
- Bike waivers are mandatory to be signed before accessing the bikes, please let us know upon booking.
- You might see our beloved friendly dog, Molly Boo occasionally hanging out in the backyard. She'd love to visit you if you have your door open :)
Broj dozvole ili registarski broj
Saznaj više o ovom broju
- No shoes in the house. Shoe storage with a bench is to the right after entry.
- Please clean your own dishes
- Please respect our neighbors, we appreciate quiet time after 11pm.
- No smoking indoors
- No pets under any conditions
- Please be sure the wooden gate is shut at all time, as our dog, Molly might sneak out by chance.
- People other than guest party are not permitted to stay overnight in the property.
- No housekeeping service provided. Towels and linens are provided.
- The owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises. The homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest.
Ovaj domaćin ima 49 recenzije za druge smještaje.Prikaži druge recenzije
We are a fun loving couple with a passion for music, art, architecture, design, food and nature. Laney is an architect, designer, and artist. Brent is a musician, composer and also works in Advertising. Brent moved from Portland to NYC 10 years ago and we recently relocated back to the Rose City and settled down into the vibrant, exciting and charming Alberta Arts District. Portland is our home and we love exploring all of the wonders of the Pacific Northwest. We are passionate about Portland and feel like it's about as perfect of a city as you can get. With mountains, desert, the ocean, and waterfalls as our backdrop, we are happy to call this unique and beautiful city home!