Recently updated self-contained one-bedroom basement apartment in 16th Street Heights. Well behaved pets are welcome! Great for small families, couple or single person traveling on business. Apartment comfortably sleeps 2 adults in the bedroom and two adults/children in the living room. Ideal for travelers wanting to be north of downtown DC, but with easy access downtown via three major metro bus lines. (5 miles to museums/monuments - - 45 minute bus ride or 25 minute car/Uber/Lyft ride).
Small, clean and updated one-bedroom basement unit located in a home. The unit has been updated with new paint, recessed light fixtures and new ceramic plank hardwood floors in hallway and living room. Bedroom has modern painted concrete floor. New tempurpedic queen bed in the bedroom and a futon sofa bed in the living room. Fully furnished kitchen with full size appliances, microwave, coffee maker and everything you need to feel at home. Sorry, no dishwasher! There is a SmartTV with Netflix, HuluPlus and Amazon, as well as all local stations. The unit has a window a/c unit in the bedroom that cools the space (with the help of a fan to circulate the air). It's location on the lower level of our house keeps the space naturally cooler than the rest of our house. There is also a full size washer and dryer in the apartment for your use during your stay.
We live on the two levels above the apartment with our 10 year old son and two small dogs, so you might hear a little residual noise from above. But, we are a quiet family who goes to bed early so noise will be minimal.
The entire basement apartment with private entrance is yours to use. The rear entrance (open to backyard) is not for access by guests (except in emergencies). You have full access to the front porch of the house. There is an electronic lock, and the access code will be emailed to you prior to your arrival so check-in is simple and convenient.
Interakcija s gostima
We live upstairs, but respect your privacy. We will respond to texts and emails promptly, but will only hear from us if you have questions or need something. But please...contact us if you need anything!
- We are a perfect 5 star location rating if you're looking for some place to take your mind off the city hustle, one block away from city buses and a full service pharmacy (Rite Aide). Also walking distance to Walmart. -The apartment is on 13th Street NW near Kennedy Street NW, which is known as Sixteenth Street Heights/Brightwood.
- There is on-street parking available at no cost (but you must adhere to the street cleaning rules, etc.).
- We welcome well behaved pets (limit 2 and you must let us know in advance). The neighborhood has a beautiful national park and is great for taking dogs on leisurely walks.
- We welcome families, although we do not have necessities for children under the age of two.
- There is no smoking, drugs or parties of any kind allowed during your stay.
- When checking-out, please place all towels on the floor of the bathroom and all bed linens on the floor in the bedroom and please wash any dishes that you have used during your stay.
-The closest grocery stores are Corner Market, Delicia's Market, Usulutan Grocery and Walmart. Rite Aide is one block away. Nearby coffee shops include Mani’s Cafe & Market, Diraeawa Cafe and Sunrise Caribbean Restaurant. Nearby restaurants include Aboil Cafe, Simon's Wok and Grill and Odalis restaurant & bar. The property is near Rock Creek National Park, Emery Park, Hamilton Park and Fort Stevens Park. There are some bike lanes and the terrain is mostly flat. The house is bikeable, there are two bike infrastructure Bike from Capital Bikeshare (one station is on our same block and the other station is in front of Walmart).
-Car2go, Zipcars and Enterprise offer hourly or daily rental cars within walking distance.
- Quiet hours between 11 pm and 8 am
- Acknowledge that although we are a quiet family, we have a 10 year old son and two small dogs. It is likely that there will be some residual noise upstairs since we live on the two levels above the apartment.
- Acknowledge that there is a rear exit that is only to be used in emergencies. Guests have full use of the front porch, but not to the rear yard.
Happily married couple who are fathers to a wonderful 10 year old son (Joni). We are avid pet lovers and have two small Jack "Rescues". Todd is an elementary school teacher and Jorge is a middle school teacher.