You will not find anything like Asante Sana in Kennebunkport. Nor anywhere along the eastern seaboard. Perhaps not anywhere in the world. Your luxury suite with field stone floors, an indoor rain shower, an outdoor shower called Chongwe and a hot tub called Yemanja is tucked in the woods, along a river, just a short walk from Goose Rocks Beach. This award-winning Africa-inspired home will inspire you to dream in ways you've never before dreamed.
Asante Sana ( Swahili for "thank you very much" ) has been featured in Veranda Magazine ( search "Veranda" and "Safari" ) and the book, "Veranda Retreats." Asante Sana's landscape design has won numerous national awards.
Designed by international interior designer, John Saladino, Ivan Chatman and Jennifer King and architecturally designed by Stephen Barlow, this gorgeous property which is tucked into a stunning family compound may inspire you to nap in a hammock, pick seasonal blueberries, play ping pong or croquet or their great lawn, or soak up the birch trees and birds as you listen to the ocean or the sound of the waterfall in their woods. When you are not soaking up the magic of the ocean just minutes away by foot! You'll be steps away from Goose Rocks Beach, one of the most extraordinary, soft sandy beaches in the world. Your Rugged Elegance RE-treat ~ complete with a treasure hunt of elephants ~ is a leisurely stroll to the beach, The Tide's Beach Club. If you prefer traveling by water you can kayak / paddle board outside your door from your dreamy African Maine bush, under two bridges, out to Squishy Island, the Nectar Sector, all the way to the beach (a 20 minute paddle)!
• You don't need to fly all the way to Africa to experience one of the best African-like lodges on the planet!
• Your bedroom suite in the "bush" is a six minute walk to one of the softest sandy beaches on the East Coast. You get the energy of the ocean and the peace and quiet of being near the Little River in the Woods!
• The historic village of Kennebunkport is less than a fifteen minute drive from your paradise on earth
• Park in front of their barn ~ a hop, skip and jump from Goose Rocks Beach
• Enter your domain via a private entrance
• Fresh brewed coffee, every morning
• A gas-lit fire, every night
• Asante Sana defines Rugged Elegance Africa and Maine combined
• Choose their downstairs bedroom suite and you'll have access to a hot tub called Yemanja and their outdoor Chongwe shower
• For two couples traveling together you can choose the upstairs wing of Asante Sana which includes two bedroom suites + a connected terrace overlooking the compound
• There is simply nothing else like Asante Sana in the world
Your guest suite in the bush includes:
An outdoor shower, beach towels, two Austrian beach chairs with ottomans and a wagon to get your chairs + gear to and from Goose Rocks Beach.
Paddle boards and kayaks are available for rent. From your back door, through their "bush" head down The Little River to the Atlantic Ocean. Or borrow Rugged Elegant Jen's two surfboards and drive 7 minutes to Fortunes Rocks, one of the best surfing spots on the Atlantic.
Tim and Jen will help you rent bicycles and direct you to the Eastern Trail or a leisurely 25 mile bike ride into Kennebunkport along Ocean Avenue and back.
Sit by the gas fire with a book, a cocktail and listen to the birds, the ocean and the rustling of the trees.
There is no more idyllic setting in the world than this!
Rugged Elegance founders, Jennifer King & Timothy Fredel welcome sharing with you their world-class, "suite" inspiring experience. Their reason: to generate greater awareness and funds for the philanthropies that they are most passionate. Select one of the following African or Maine focused non-profit organizations that Jennifer and Tim support and the Rugged Elegance Foundation will give 10% of the cost of your stay to the charity of your choice:
• Babette's Feast Theatre Production in Portland, Maine
• Grassroot Soccer
• Kennebunkport Conservation Trust
• Last Mile Health
• No Kid Hungry
• Rugged Elegance Foundation (to further promote all of the Select Philanthropies featured on our website)
• St. Ann's by The Sea
Interakcija s gostima
Rugged Elegant Jen, her husband, Tim and their Golden Retriever, Aspen reside at Casa Al Mare in San Francisco, Fall-Summer and at Asante Sana in Maine from mid-June thru the peak of the fall foliage. They are available to make you coffee in the morning. And they would be delighted to help you get the most out of your Kennebunkport, Maine get-away once you've arrived in paradise!
The Rugged Elegance Foundation will give ten percent of our take to a charity of your choice that is in the current RE portfolio of philanthropies.
Your suite includes: a washer, dryer, separate sink for beachwear, and a coffeemaker!
Our Golden Retriever, Aspen is very friendly. However, we do not allow dogs or other pets at Asante Sana as our home is located on a family compound.
Ovaj domaćin ima 1 recenziju za druge smještaje.Prikaži druge recenzije
passionate entrepreneur • philanthropist • mother • wife • daughter • partner •
rebel with a cause • cyclist • sharing my unique creations and my blessings is in my dna
• born in NYC
• grew up in Menlo Park, California (when there were orchard fields, before it was known as Silicon Valley)
• spent one week a summer in Maine
• studied German & psychology at the University of Colorado
• worked for the president of SRI International during my "Year of Refinement"
• started the entrepreneurial program at Simmons College
• received a BA, Business Management @ Simmons College
• rowed on the Simmons crew team for two years (Dad Vails Nat'l Champion)
• met my husband who grew up in Wisconsin (where my mom grew up) and went to Dartmouth (where my dad, grandpa and now our daughter went to college) at a luau when Tim was at the Sloan School at M.I.T.
• founded one of the very first Internet companies, the leading portal that serves the biotech and pharmaceutical industry (one of the first 50,000 websites in the world)
• had two beautiful children via in vitro (1995 and 1998), one now a graduate of Dartmouth and working in executive search at Trewstar, a boutique firm that identifies corporate board seats for women + my baby is at NYU
• was one of the very nine investors in Baidu (BIDU)
• created Rugged Elegance, LLC, the "soulful" network of social entrepreneurs and philanthropists
• searching the globe for the most rugged elegant people, pursuits, products and philanthropies for our "soulful" network
• created Kudos Trading Co. (great goods, gratitude & giving back)
• built my dream homes in Kennebunkport, Maine and San Francisco CA
• named by dream homes Asante Sana (thank you very much) and Casa Al Mare (house by the sea in Spanish/Italian)
• love to travel
• my heart & soul are in Africa
• Africa travel: Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, Uganda, Liberia, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, Zambia
• Asia travel: Hong Kong, Macau & Shenzhen, China
• Europe travel: England, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Morocco, The Netherlands, Spain
• Scandinavian travel: Denmark, Sweden
• Most exotic travel: Africa: (Botswana, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia), The Ice Hotel in Sweden (Kiruna), Honduras (Roatan), the Dominican Republic
• a cyclist
• have ridden in 7 century rides (100 miles in one day)
• did a 200 mile Backroads Bicycle Trip in Mallorca
• on the advisory board of Last Mile Health in Liberia
• member of The Battery Club and Battery Powered in San Francisco
• president of the Rugged Elegance Foundation
What are some of the things I can’t live without?
• my husband
• my children
• my girlfriends
• sharing the gifts that God has given me
• paddle boarding
• walking with my dog, every day
• ask me about my anti-aging and wellness routine
• my Maine blueberries in August
• traveling the world or my own neck of the woods
What are a few of my favorite travel destinations?
• San Francisco's "rugged elegant" neighborhoods
• Kennebunkport, Maine
• Africa (Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, Mozambique, Malawi, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia)
• Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
• Italy (Capri, Lago di Garda, the Amalfi Coast, Tuscany, Venice, Sardinia, ...)
• France (Paris, Nice, Eze, Provence)
• Sweden (especially the Summer Cabin and the Ice Hotel)
• The Ice Hotel, Kiruna, Sweden (adventure people - put it on your Top 12 List!)
• Spain (Mallorca, Madrid, Barcelona)
• Jamie Cullum
• Melody Gardot
• Van Morrison
• the San Francisco Symphony
What's it like to have me as a host?
I would love to ensure that you have not just an inspiring stay in one of our world-class Maine or California suites, but that you have a "h.a.s. magic" (healthy, adventuresome and soulful) experience in Kennebunkport or San Francisco!
What's my mission and the mission of the Rugged Elegance Foundation?
Our mission is to inspire healthy, adventuresome, soulful living, and philanthropic giving.
Healthy, adventuresome, soulful combined? We call this "h.a.s. magic".
I am passionate about searching the globe for our "soulful" network and finding the most inspiring "rugged elegant" people, pursuits, products and philanthropies.
We invite you to come experience our "h.a.s. magic" in Kennebunkport, Maine and/or San Francisco, California!