This adorable cottage sits perched above the stunning turquoise waters of South Shore. Only minutes from The Reefs and Fairmont Southampton, the convenient location right on the bus route makes it the perfect vacation rental. The home is surrounded by a large yard and mature plantings, offering ample privacy. Inside, old Bermuda charm is married with modern convenience. On the main level, there are two spacious bedrooms, living room, dining room, kitchen and a den. Upstairs, a loft style bedroom with twin beds is perfect for the younger family members. Most rooms enjoy stunning views of the South Shore.
In respect of a furnished vacation rental you have booked, the terms of which are as follows:
1. The Owner agrees to rent the Property to the Occupier for a period commencing on the arrival date (the "Arrival Date") and ending on departure date (the "Departure Date") the total period being (the "Rental Period").
2. On the date of this agreement the Occupier will pay to the Owner a deposit in the sum of 15% of the Rental Fee (the "Down Payment") which will be held as a down payment against payment of the Rental Fee. The Occupier's credit card will also be authorized with a hold, to act as the damage deposit. This hold will be released following the Departure Date, assuming the Property is left in satisfactory condition.
3. In consideration of the rental of the Property by the Owner to the Occupier, the Occupier shall pay to the Owner the rental fee (the "Rental Fee"), payable in full at least 8 weeks prior to the Arrival Date (the "Payment Date").
4. The Rental Fee includes costs of cable television, wireless Internet service, electricity and water for the Rental Period.
5. The Occupier undertakes with the Owner as follows(URL HIDDEN)5.1 to pay to the Owner the Rental Fee at least 8 weeks prior to Arrival Date(URL HIDDEN)5.2 to use the Property as a private vacation residence and for no other purpose(URL HIDDEN)5.3 not to cause or permit to be caused any nuisance, annoyance or disturbance to any neighboring or adjoining property or to any third party(URL HIDDEN)5.4 to maintain the Property in good order and clean and tidy condition (fair wear and tear excepted), without limitation to be responsible for any loss or damage occasioned by negligent act or omission of the Occupier or any third party present at the Property with the express or implied consent of the Occupier, and to deliver up the Property in such manner on the Departure Date.(URL HIDDEN)5.5 to maintain all fixtures and fittings, furniture and household effects at the Property in good order and clean and tidy condition (fair wear and tear excepted), to replace any such items found to be missing, destroyed or damaged with items of at least an equivalent value and standard, and to deliver up the same in their entirety in such manner on the Departure Date.(URL HIDDEN)5.6 not to alter or otherwise modify in any way the Property, the fixtures and fittings, furniture and household effects and the layout thereof(URL HIDDEN)5.7 not to assign sublet or part with the possession or occupation of the Property or any part thereof(URL HIDDEN)5.8 not to smoke cigarettes, pipes, cigars or any tobacco products inside the structure of the Property(URL HIDDEN)5.9 to replenish the supply of toilet paper, paper towels, tissues, bath soap and dish soap as necessary and to supply own laundry soap for personal laundry(URL HIDDEN)5.10 to avoid unreasonable use or wastage of electricity, telephone and water supplied to the Property during the Rental period and in particular to be responsible for all charges(URL HIDDEN) (i) for overseas telephone calls(URL HIDDEN) (ii) all pay per view satellite movies viewed(URL HIDDEN) (iii) any excessive amount of water used(URL HIDDEN)5.11 to authorize the Owner to carry out any repairs which in the Owner's discretion are deemed necessary during the Rental Period and without claiming any indemnity or reduction in rent(URL HIDDEN)
(URL HIDDEN)5.12 to notify the Owner immediately of any incident causing damage to the Property or any fixtures or fittings, furniture or household effects at the Property(URL HIDDEN)5.13 to ensure that the Property is properly secured at all times(URL HIDDEN)5.14 not to do anything or suffer or permit to be done anything the result of which may be to render the Owner's policy of insurance for the Property to be void or voidable or the premium increased for any reason(URL HIDDEN)5.15 not to allow any pets onto the Property (unless they are deemed service animals or permission has been given by the owner)(URL HIDDEN)5.16 not to play or permit to be played any instrument or sound producing equipment at the Property between the hours of 11pm and 7.30am each day(URL HIDDEN)5.17 not to use or permit to be used the Property for any illegal or immoral purposes.
6. Within 7 days of the Departure Date the Owner will carry out an inspection of the Property (the "Inspection Date"). The Owner/Agent will refund the Deposit to the Occupier no more than 60 days after the Inspection Date. The Owner will be entitled to deduct all costs properly incurred in respect of any breach of the occupier covenants listed at clause 5 above, in respect of any other breach of the terms of this agreement.
7. The maximum number of occupants is limited to the number listed on the Confirmation Letter.
8. The Owner covenants with the Occupier as follows(URL HIDDEN)8.1 to ensure that the Property meets is clean and in habitable condition at the Arrival Date
9. In the event that the Rental Fee has not been paid by the Payment Date then the Owner or Owner's Agent may thereafter terminate this agreement at any time in which case the Owner shall be entitled to retain the entirety of the Down Payment.
10. In the event that the Occupier wishes to terminate this agreement then he may so by writing and such notice will take effect on the date of receipt by the Owner or Owner's Agent. In such case, the Down Payment and the Rental Fee will be refunded to the Tenant less the cancellation charges outlined below:
(URL HIDDEN) Less than 2 weeks prior to Arrival Date - 100% of Rental Fee(URL HIDDEN) Between 2 and 5 weeks before Arrival Date - 75% of Rental Fee.(URL HIDDEN) Between 5 and 8 weeks before Arrival Date - 50% of Rental Fee(URL HIDDEN) More than 8 weeks before Arrival Date - 0% of Rental Fee.
11. Both parties hereby agree and declare as follows(URL HIDDEN) 11.1 This agreement is governed by the laws of Bermuda. It is mutually understood and agreed that any dispute, claim or other matter that arises out of this agreement is to be dealt with by the courts of Bermuda(URL HIDDEN) 11.2 It is the responsibility of the Occupier to ensure that their personal possessions are insured. The Owner does not accept liability for theft of, loss or damage to personal possessions(URL HIDDEN) 11.3 It is unlikely that the Owner will seek to cancel this agreement or otherwise make any changes hereto. However, occasionally the Owner may have to make changes and reserves the right to do so at any time. If the Owner is forced to cancel this agreement by reason of force majeure or any other reason that makes the Property unavailable or unfit for occupation, the Owner reserves full right to do so without payment of compensation and in such case the Owner's liability will be limited to a full refund of the Deposit and the Rental Fee. The Owner is not liable for any consequential loss or incidental expenditure arising from the cancellation of this agreement(URL HIDDEN) 11.4 The Occupier is advised to arrange adequate travel insurance for cover in case of cancellation for any reason(URL HIDDEN) 11.5 The Owner does not accept responsibility or liability for the acts or omissions of third parties which may prevent or disrupt the occupancy of the Property by the Occupier in accordance with the terms of this agreement. This agreement exists between the Owner and the Occupier and is limited to the occupation of the Property only. The information and descriptions supplied are believed to be accurate and are offered in good faith. It may be possible that certain facilities or features may not be available on occasions due to circumstances beyond the Owner's control for which the Owner accepts no responsibility(URL HIDDEN) 11.6 The Owner accepts no liability for any injury, loss or damage to the Occupier, any member of the Occupier's party or any visitor to the Property arising out of or in connection with the use of the
Property. The Occupier must ensure that all children are supervised at all times whilst in and around the Property.