Note: Please drop us a message before booking the property as we need to double check availability with the owner. You can go ahead with the booking after we confirm so that your reservation is not Declined.
Serendipity Villa is a luxury rental villa on St. Thomas with the dizzying grandeur of nature on view from every gorgeous room and terrace. Full ocean aspects, fantasy sunrises. A proven winner for family and group vacations, the compound is for you alone- no matter what your group size.
The friendly and experienced staff have been working on the most exclusive villas for over 25 years and can help you with anything you need. Serendipity is a peaceful luxurious retreat, the perfect base for discovering the Virgin Islands. 3 pavilions and 7 bedrooms offer privacy and togetherness and suits groups from 2-20 people.
On the waterfront, there is Oceanside, with 3 terraced king bedrooms and a library with sofa bed. Also a fully equipped gourmet kitchen and dining room, living room with zinc bar (and sofa bed), and quiet zen room with 4 single beds, large outdoor dining and living terraces, pool with large sundeck and cushioned loungers, all newly and impeccably furnished and decorated.
Just above the pool, nestled among hibiscus and frangipani trees inhabited by chirping frogs and meditative iguanas,Caribbean-themed Hillside, offers 1 king bedroom with a viewing deck and a Queen bedroom/King bedroom apartment with kitchen and a large eating and living terrace.
This villa is excellent for wedding parties, off-sites, family reunions. The property is a perfect mix of togetherness and privacy with large entertaining and dining areas. Gatherings are by written permission only.
5 kings, 1 queen, 4 singles that are in 1 room, and 2 sofa beds.
Extra children/guests may stay in Library or Living Room, each of which has one sofabed and/or in the Quiet Room which has 4 daybeds. All guests must be registered at the time of reservation.
MINIMUM NIGHTS: There is a 7 night minimum at Serendipity villa, as long as the villa is available for at least 7 nights from your requested arrival date. Shorter stays are possible only where fewer than 7 nights are available; please inquire!
NOTARIZED LIABILITY WAIVER required for all children under 18, please.
The villa is situated in the exclusive gated community, Peterborg East.
Square footage: 4,000 interior, 2,600 exterior
Pool size: 24' x 10' tapering from 4 - 7+ feet deep. Wide steps at the low end which are easy to descend and mount and long enough use as underwater benches starting at about 1 foot of water.
THERE IS TO BE ABSOLUTELY NO SMOKING inside Serendipity; penalty will apply.
All renters of Serendipity are required to review and sign a document acknowledging villa occupancy expectations; functions and other gatherings are to be by additional written permission.
A long-term tenant lives in a small apartment below the villa. However, he cannot see into the villa or the pool and deck areas and has completely separate entrance and parking. He has a demanding job and is usually out. You will probably never see him unless you run into him while taking a walk on the road. Your privacy at Serendipity is completely assured.
TV/dvd players in dining room and bar/living room, CD players and music system in Dining Room/kitchen, iphone/mp3 speaker docks in all bedrooms and bar/living room (bring cable if not iphone dockable), library, wifi, printer/fax/answering machine, fridge/freezer with ice maker plus commercial icemaker in main kitchen, fridge/freezer in Hillside, bar fridge and wine fridge in Bar, fully equipped gourmet kitchen, zinc wet bar, gas grill, charcoal grill, new luxury cushioned loungers and outdoor furniture, coolers, outdoor shower, water filtration system, automatic generator, Washer/dryer, clothes lines, dishwasher, electronic gate, hair dryers, baby equipment upon request.
DSL internet access with wi-fi connection.
All cell phones work on island but both SPRINT and ATT cell phones work best on the St. Thomas (with no roaming). Please check with your carrier for the most recent (URL HIDDEN) WORD OF CAUTION while staying at any northside/eastside villa: the BVI's (British Virgin Islands) sometimes boost their signal strength and your cell phone may inadvertently switch to their network. You will notice these charges on your bill. If that should happen, your cell phone company should remove the charges once you explain you were never in the BVI's. Just check to make sure you are on the correct network before making calls or allowing roaming or data downloading. It is advised to turn off roaming before entering the USVI.
Serendipity Villa has a laundry room off of the living room/bar. When doing the laundry, please remember - help conserve water by only running a complete load of wash (this goes for the dishwasher too) and using the minimum amount of water allowed on the washing machine.
Soaps, shampoos, napkins, foil, saran wrap, dishwashing detergent, laundry detergent, starter supplies of paper towels and toilet tissue.
Linens (600+ thread count), towels, beach towels.
Serendipity Villa has its own security gate and a full recorded camera security system as well as 2 safes.
43 Kilowatt Generator with automatic transfer switch. If the electric power goes off, the generator will start in 3 seconds and all power in the Villa will be restored.
Our only source of water is rainfall which is caught via the roof and stored in 3 cisterns beneath the houses. We do check our cistern before your arrival to insure you'll have enough, but if it runs out due to excessive usage or an unforeseen plumbing problem, we then have to have water trucked to the villa in a tanker rig. As everything is on "island time" - arranging a delivery to fill your cistern may take several hours or a day or two. So help us conserve by never letting the water run while washing up or brushing teeth, flush only when necessary, and do your best to take short showers. PLEASE report all plumbing issues including running toilets and dripping faucets to us immediately!
Toilets & Plumbing:
Due to the salty air, our water and waste systems on the island are far more susceptible to having issues than those in the U.S. To conserve water we utilize water-saver toilets which make them too delicate to handle anything out of the ordinary. For that reason we ask that you do not flush any foreign objects or personal hygiene products down the toilets!
Is the water safe to drink?: We do have a water filtration system installed, and although we've never had anyone become ill by drinking from the tap, we recommend that you drink and brush your teeth with bottled water.
1. CAPACITY OF VILLAS: The total number of persons allowed in the villa at any one time is restricted to the number of persons scheduled and paid for, based on two persons per bedroom. Should a group misrepresent themselves, they will be required to pay for all excess persons immediately, or shall vacate the villa immediately, without refund.
2. COMPLAINTS AND MAINTENANCE: Personal Villas and affiliated on-island property managers shall make every effort to keep all villas and their inventories in good working order. In case of a maintenance problem, they will strive to repair the problem as soon as possible after being notified. Villa management reserve the right to be allowed a reasonable amount of time to cure a problem. However, no refund or rate adjustment shall be made for unforeseen mechanical failures such as the supply of electricity, telephone service, internet service, water, pool filtration systems, hot tubs, air conditioning, television or cable service, appliances, etc. It is the Guest’s obligation to report any problems or damage to their villa IMMEDIATELY to us, regardless of the hour.
3. NO PETS: Pets of any kind are NOT allowed in or on the villa’s premises without specific written permission from Personal Villas (granted prior to arrival). A pet or evidence of a pet found on premises will cause immediate eviction, and forfeiture of Guest’s entire rent and deposit.
4. QUIET ENJOYMENT AND PARTIES: We rent to family groups and responsible adults only; absolutely NO house parties, commercial uses or functions such as weddings are allowed without advance WRITTEN permission from Personal Villas. Guests shall be sufficiently quiet and peaceful, so as not to disturb other residents of the neighborhood, particularly after 10 pm at night. If Guest is found to have had a wedding or any sort of group gathering for more persons than officially scheduled and paid for at the villa, and/ or without Personal Villas advance written permission, he is subject to forfeiture of his entire villa security deposit to the villa’s owner, at the joint discretion of Personal Villas and the villa’s owner.
5. SMOKING, ILLEGAL ACTIVITY, DRUGS AND HAZARDOUS MATERIALS: Smoking is NOT permitted inside the villa. (In most cases smoking is allowed in outdoor spaces—please check with your rental agent). Guest and members of his party shall not use or permit to be brought into any villa any illegal substances, inflammable fluids (e.g., gasoline, kerosene, naphtha or benzene), or other explosives or articles deemed hazardous to life, limb or property. Any illegal activity is strictly prohibited.
Let's face it, selecting a vacation rental these days can be a daunting task. Major websites offer thousands of options in each destination but often there are rate discrepancies and duplicate listings, begging the question: who manages the rental and meets me upon arrival with the keys?
We are a dedicated booking agency partnered with the top professionally managed vacation rentals around the globe ensuring you secure your dream villa at the lowest possible rate. After processing your reservation, we put you directly in touch with the experts on the ground to coordinate your arrival and take care of other requests such as car rentals, pre-stocking of food & beverage, restaurant reservations, etc.