Spoonbill House is a funky, traditional Belizean style house located off the beaten track, a bit away from the touristy part of the island, in a relatively new residential area on the West side of Caye Caulker. The house has a double level deck/veranda on which you catch great cool breezes and where can enjoy relaxing in a hammock, get a nice tan or gaze at the stars at night. If you want affordable accommodation, yet have all the comfort of an entire house for yourself, this is the place to be.
The house is situated in a spacious fenced in yard with lots of privacy. Two bicycles are complimentary so it's easy to explore the island and bike your way around. The house has a living with open kitchen, 2 bedrooms and a private bathroom with hot & cold water. It's built on posts about 10 feet above the ground, which means more breeze, better views, less bugs, a shady place under the house and dry feet during a tropical shower. The kitchen is fully equipped with stove/oven, fridge, coffee machine and all the other necessary utensils. One of the perks is a double level veranda which offers a beautiful view over the neighborhood and the sea and is a perfect spot to relax. If you have enough of the diving, snorkeling, fishing, swimming or other activities, you can entertain yourself with a small library, a selection of board- and card games, cable TV and wireless Internet. Or just hang out on the veranda with a cold beer or some Caribbean rum.
The Spoonbill House is the only house on the property. A shed near the entrance gate is sometimes used by a neighbor to put up his tools.
Interakcija s gostima
As your host I can help you with finding your way on the island, booking trips or just leave you alone and let you enjoy the 'go slow' mentality of Caye Caulker. My husband and I live on the other side of the island near the split, on the same property as our restaurant Wish Willy Bar & Grill, and are always available for questions & advice. You can ride by on the bike, call us or send an e-mail.
The house is only available for adults.
Discounts are available for stays longer than a week: the right price will show up automatically if you fill in the right dates. Also check my other listings on Caye Caulker: the COZY CABANA, the COZY CASA and the SUNNY CABANA. The first 2 are located in the backyard of our restaurant, Wish Willy Bar & Grill, one of the most popular and unique restaurants of the island (on the North side of Caye Caulker, close to 'the split'), while the Sunny Cabana is located near the airstrip. When you check my airbnb profile you can find links to those rentals.
When you rent the Spoonbill House you agree with the rules as described below and in the information book in the cabana.
- If during your stay things break down or any kind of damage caused by not following the rules, you will be charged for the costs.
- Smoking inside the house is NOT allowed, feel free to smoke on the veranda or elsewhere in the yard
- Unless approved otherwise by owner, no unregistered guests are allowed in the house.
- The Spoonbill House is a self catering rental and during your stay it will not be cleaned. We provide linens and towels, it's your own responsibility to clean/do laundry. If you stay longer than a week, we provide cleaning services -if wanted- for a small contribution. Before you leave we ask you to do a basic cleaning: sweep the floor, do the dishes, take the trash to the garbage container downstairs and put all the dirty linens in one spot.
- Always close the windows when you leave the house, sudden downpours are more rule then exception and things get wet (and damaged) when you leave the windows open
- Always lock the bikes on and off the property; when you loose a bike and/or lock you will be charged for the loss.
- When you leave the house at night time, leave the outdoor lights on (on the veranda and under the house), so much easier to find your way back.
- If you use the second set of sheets, clean the dirty ones so there's always a clean set of sheets when you leave.
Originally from the Netherlands and now living on the small tropical island of Caye Caulker in Belize for more than 10 years. I enjoy the 'go slow' mentality of island life and live by the day. I'm a real dog lover and work as a volunteer at the Caye Caulker Humane Society.