The cabin is located in a small forest on the Golden Circle, just over an hours drive from Reykjavík. It´s a perfect location for those who want to explore Icelands most beautiful natural attractions. To watch a video of the route from the highway and an overview of the house, go to youtube and search for "efstidalur route"
We have two showers. One inside and one outside where the hot tube is and the outside shower open from may to november. We can not use it in wintertime. In wintertime it's easy to see northern lights in the cabin.
Dear guests, welcome to our house.
Guðbjörg +(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)gurjón +(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
1. No smoking allowed inside and no pets.
2. Always check the water temperature before entering the hot tub (jacuzzi) since the Icelandic geothermal water can be very HOT.
3. Never leave doors open unattended (especially in cold weather) since there are mice in the area – they can cause damage if they get in.
4. Please let us know about damages/breakage during your stay – we do not charge for normal wear and tear but need to maintain the place and replace items for us and our guests.
5. We leave coffee and tea for you and please feel free to use the seasonings available and to watch our movies.
6. Guests use the hot tub at own risk and alcoholic beverage consumption is not recommended.
1. Empty the refrigerator and make sure to do your dishes an wipe clean all tabletops.
2. Take used linen off and leave it in a bin in the storage.
3. Lock all doors and windows.
4. Turn down all blinds.
5. Leave the keys in the key box at the main gate.
6. Take all garbage with you and leave it in the garbage container at the main gate.
7. Remember the check out time at 12:00 p.m.
Enjoy your staying and
Guðbjörg & Sigurjón
thank you for your visit,