Why go camping when you can glamp in the comfort of a cabin? Welcome to the ultimate Hicktopian Retreat for your quiet getaway from the daily grind. This spacious pine cabin is located on a rural farm road, only minutes away from pristine lakes and nature trails on a private property shared with our century farm house. The cabin has a charming retro style filled with art and up-cycled decor. You deserve to be rurally revived - Canadiana Cabin Style. Any questions, don't hesitate to get in touch.
This cabin's retro stylish sensibilities were inspired by its previous life as "Revival Shop" - our love of vintage, salvage art and kitsch mixed with rural Canadiana shaped the cabins present "personality" as a fun, relaxing nostalgic retreat. These same sensibilities, showcased inside the cabin, got us featured twice on two different Cottage Life Television Programs.
This hicktopian cabin is spacious, with 20ft vaulted ceilings, all pine walls and the floor is half poured concrete / half stained pine. The space is furnished and decorated using all retro, reclaimed and rustic elements. Literally everything ( except the heater and a couple appliances) inside the cabin is either vintage, up-cycled or handmade. The splashes of art, crafty up-cycled items and humorous kitsch, is intended to make cabin life not just rustically stylish, but to remind folks of how, for generations, many people lived a simpler life, 'back in the day'....but in a conveniently modern way.
We have hydro, small appliances and basic kitchen supplies and spices. We have reworked a century milk shed into an Eco privy that is supplied with gravity fed / solar heated water. There is also an outdoor shower for seasonal use. All exclusively for you.
The back deck looks out to the fire pit and our well treed property. Many deer, wild turkeys, rabbits, and even turtles swing by for a stroll. If your quiet at dusk and in the morning you are likely to catch a glimpse of one of our little forest friends.
We are only 10 minutes from Bancroft. A few miles from numerous lakes and boat launches as well as beautiful wilderness hiking trails. This space is ideal for budget travellers who want peace and quite but not wilderness isolation. Perfect for single travellers, LGBTTQ2, over worked activists or struggling artists. There is lots of space in the cabin to create or just relax or to use as a base while you explore the area.
The property is on 3 acres of mostly spruce and pine trees. The front of the cabin faces a horse farm and the back, faces a spruce grove. 4 km away is L'amable Lake for swimming, canoeing, fishing or boating. It may share the property with our farm house but your peace and quite will be respected.
The basic run down :
- spices, sugar, condiments, dishes, utensils, a small fridge, and small appliances are available, including a BBQ, manual coffee drip, kettle, hotplate, small fridge and toaster
- semi off the grid - meaning there is no direct plumbing to the cabin, however! We have designed a simple gravity powered water supply for dishes and washing both inside the cabin and the Eco privy
- the Eco privy is located directly beside the cabin off the back deck. It is straight forward to use and involves simple composting (easy to follow instructions inside the cabin)
- hydro is available inside the cabin, please review the house manual for details on appliance use.
- there is a space heater for cooler nights
- you can enjoy the spruce grove behind the cabin, the fire pit (some wood is provided but you may want more)
- dogs are more than welcome but please keep them On leash on the property - we share the property with wildlife and don't want to have any funerals ;)
- there is a very comfortable double bed provided with fitted
sheets and pillows - bring an sleeping blanket for cooler nights
- please bring some drinking water as well.
- there is an outdoor shower adjacent to the cabin with a privacy fence facing the spruce grove.
This is a rural cabin located on a scenic, historic farm road it's a quiet farm area but close enough to town life. Perfect rural fix for tired urban escapees.
We are a inclusive, LGBTTQ2, anti racist/bigot space.
The guests can access most of the property - The Cabin is completely private and separate from the farm house. Your privacy will be respected. The Eco privy and the spruce grove is exclusively yours. There is a little quiet area toward the back of the property that you can sit under the trees. Privacy and quite is all around minus the occasional property maintenance, which will be communicated before hand and only if it needs to happen.
There other out buildings and a small retro camper on the property are exclusive to the farm house.
If you have any questions just ask!
Interakcija s gostima
We live in the house 100 ft away from the cabin. We are often available in person, however we want to respect your privacy so we are always available by phone/ email/ text if needed. I have a strong track record of responding quickly which has allowed me to gain a "super host" statues. We will make sure to answer questions and address any concerns, should they arise. If we are not available in person we will leave you a contact number.
We will message you with final entry details a week or two before you arrive.
- Parking is available right on the property.
- Bring your own drinking water.
- We will provide details and a house manual inside the cabin for efficient hydro use and how to use the privy, compost and where to put your garbage.
-Sheets and pillows are provided, but please bring your own blankets.
-Towels and soap for hand washing and dishes are provided but beach towels are not.
- Minimal firewood is provided.
-Wifi is available on request, for a small, daily fee.
- Propane for BBQ is provided.
- directions to some trails and lakes will be provided as well.
- your fur baby is welcome as long as they remain on leash while enjoying the yard. We share this land with wildlife and want to keep them safe, plus the road is close by, though it's not a busy road, it still has vehicles!
- Cabin sleeps two in the double bed. Guests should bring their own sleeping blankets for the bed. Pillows are provided, and one set of sheets.
-Towels are provided for washing dishes and hands but guests should bring their beach towels.
- *****Bring your own drinking water. *****although the cabin water is safe for dishes, there is no plumbing or potable water in the cabin for drinking. But there is running water to fill the dry sink water storage, behind the house - which is beside the cabin - 100 ft away.
- Eco privy is adjacent to the cabin and does not have plumbing which means it has two compartments, one for wet waste, the other for solids, there is specific details about how to use this in order to turn the contents into compost, it's important to follow the instructions listed inside the Eco outhouse. It's straight forward but will require you emptying the contents in a compost area. The privy area Also has a dry sink, powered by gravity and can be filled up when empty with a hose at the back of the house, also on the property.
- This cabin has hydro, but it is limited in its ability to handle many electrical appliances at once, please be mindful of over surging the hydro. We will provide a tip sheet in the cabin for you.
- The cabin is equipped with simple and basic utensils, cookware and appliances. The kitchen also has dish area where water is supplied by a gravity powered "dry sink"
- There is a fire pit in the back of the cabin off the deck and you are welcome to use this. Please bring your own firewood, if you plan on using the pit often. We will have a small supply of wood available. There are many places close by to buy some fire wood for cheap, or you can scour the bush on the property for some fallen branches. Do not cut down any trees. Please always attend to the fire and ensure you keep it at a controllable level. We will post the burning regulations for the area. At times there is a "no burn" municipal rule. Night burning only is typical.
- NO PARTIES.
- Please leave the place as you found it. We are trying to keep our cleaning fee and prices low for people on a budget. The more you follow the these simple rules the more other people can benefit from the low price.
- There will be details for the outdoor water supply, how to use the Eco toilet, where to find the best fishing, swimming and hiking trails and a check list of rules, when you arrive.
- This is a dog friendly cabin but it's important to keep your dog leashed while walking around the property. Many little rabbits, birds etc, share the property and we don't want to get them in a conflict with our fur babies.
No smoking inside the cabin, but anywhere else's is fine! A butt tin is on the deck.
The main house is 100 ft away and cell phone service is on the property if you need anything.
There may also be some regular ground maintenance that will be attended to occasionally. We will do our best to do this while you are out hiking or swimming in the nearby lakes.
Wifi is available for a flat rate - varies for your length of stay - 5$ a day.
We are quiet easy going and flexible on many things, if you have any questions just ask. We will do our best to accommodate!
Ovaj domaćin ima 83 recenzije za druge smještaje.Prikaži druge recenzije
Suzy - I'm a City Gal through and through and I've lived in awesome Leslieville for 20 years now. I'm a musician and performer and have been involved in Toronto's LGBTQQ2 and Toronto's arts community for most of my adult life. My heritage is Russian-German and I'm a 'typical' Torontonian in that my parents were newcomers to this city and chose to make it their home. I'm a lover of languages, histories and culture and speak German as a second language. I love nothing more than hearing other people's stories and hearing of their adventures.
Moxie - I was raised in North Eastern Ontario as a reluctant Rural Gal. I moved to Toronto in search of fame and stardom by way of singing and karaoke. I did not quite find the stardom but did find my groove by connecting with Toronto's LGBTTQ2 community, the arts community and of course, the music community. Still singing and playing Ukelele in my spare time, I enjoy employment in the social service sector as a Mental Health Worker. As a femme queer Gal, with a love of retro and history, I enjoy salvaging unique home decor items and vintage thrifting. I've also developed a renewed love for the countryside and share my time between Toronto and our farm house in Rural Ontario.
Moxie and Suzy -
As your hosts we will do everything we can to make sure that your stay is as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.. As people who value our own privacy, you can expect that we value yours. That said, we're always available if you have any questions or concerns or would like any recommendations.
As the previous owners of a creative Vintage Decor business, we've been able to incorporate our love of retro in the design along with a kitschy sense of humour.
As LGBTTQ people we understand that travelling can be stressful at times. Rest assured that we are familiar with these challenges and aim to invite you to a safe space.