Be enchanted by our beautiful beaches, breathtaking sunsets, and friendlly, walkable neighborhood. Villa Serena, Villa Tranquila and Villa Solana are just a short stroll to Windansea Beach and 1-3 blocks from restaurants, bars, yoga, massage, spas, shopping, snorkel rental, etc. Large groups may rent 2 or 3 villas.
This home is child and pet friendly if the little ones are calm, quiet, and clean. Just about everything on the interior is brand new and we would like to keep it looking crisp and clean for as long as possible.
There shall be no destructive or nuissance behaviors such as running, stomping, scratching, digging, yelling, howling, persistent barking, messing on the floors/furniture, etc....(This goes for the adults as well as kids and pets). Wet pets, children, and husbands shall not be allowed on the furniture, please.
Please note that while the house is one-level, there are about 6 fairly steep steps up to the entrance. Due to these stairs, the home is not suitable for anyone with balance issues, depth-perception deficits (including those brought on by alcohol, medication, etc), poor vision, or physical limitations which would prevent holding the handrail or otherwise hinder climbing/descending steps in a safe manner.
Guests hve use of the entire interior of the home and the private patio (except for a supply closet or two).
Please read our house rules. Guests with longer stays may owe additional cleaning fees at check-in. Short-term Pet fee for small, non-shedding dogs is $30* plus $10/night (*Please add $30 dogs for who shed or are over 20lbs to respect our need to keep the furnishing and floors in great condition, and allergen-free for future guests). Pet rent is discounted for long stays.
Please contact us before requesting a reservation, if you don't feel like you will miss the opportunity to book due to the nearness of your travel dates. Use the following rate schedule to determine if your weekly/monthly discount or is showing in the Airbnb-generated quote: Regular Fall-Spring rate is $1,250/wk, with peak travel nights (major holidays/events) bearing an additional fee. All holiday eves, holidays, and "non-school-nights" of holiday weekends and major events (Comic-Con, Kaaboo, etc.) will be the season-standard Saturday rate plus 25% whether or not these are listed in your quote (please inquire if you want to confirm the rate before booking). Please note that the weeks before and after major holidays are not often booked so in order to make short-term renting a sensible option, we must collect the holiday/event fees.
For stays of 8-13 nights, the pro-rated weekly rate applies plus $60 for each additional Friday and Saturday night after the first resulting an average of $40 savings per additional weekend night.
Rental Agreement between Host and Guest/TravelerFor: Short-term rental property located at ____ Gravilla St La Jolla, CA. In consideration of the monies received and the mutual promises contained herein, the owner or owner’s agent/contractor (herein referred to as “Owner”) of the subject property (“The Property” or “Unit”) hereby agrees to give a license to use the agreed (online or by phone) Property to the undersigned, (herein referred to as Licensee), on the dates: ___ ___ __ to __ ___ ___ . this timefram shall be refered as “term”. “Term” or “period”) under the conditions stated herein. This is designed to be a short-term rental agreement. Stays over 28 days shall be governed by this agreement only to the extent allowable by law.
Section A Basics
A1. Check-in: Check-in time is 5PM Early check in may be possible for $10/hour for a studio or $20/hour for a 1-2 bedroom. Licensee duties: 1) message host via airbnb the day before check-in with guests full name, rental name, number of guests and pets, and desired check-in time. 2) send a photo of government issued ID to Owner via the Airbnb app. Since Airbnb doesn't have an automatic method of providing access informaion, Licensee should request acess instructions on the morning of the check-in date if possible. If this is not possible due to travel, please notify Owner in advance. If there is any issue with accessing the unit, please call or go to 6658 electric ave (if this info is blocked by Airbnb, Licensees must ask Airbnb for the address).
A2. Check-out time: Checkout is 10:00 AM on the agreed check-out date unless otherwise agreed in writing.
A3. Rental amount has been agreed upon via email or text message and is payable in full at time of reservation if stay is to begin in 60 days or less. Otherwise, 50% is due at booking and 50% plus deposit is due 60 days prior to Term. If any payment is more than 3 days late, declined, or otherwise not received per the terms of this agreement, Owner may terminate agreement without refund, and collect a fee equal to the outstanding amount. All amounts of rent, fees, and deposit (see below) are to be paid in full in order for Licensee to access The Property. Any fee not collected prior to check-in remains due and Owner may request payment at any time.
A4. A security deposit (“Deposit”, “deposit”) is to be collected and held by Owner to ensure all provisions of this agreement are met. Licensee hereby grants Owner consent to retain Deposit, charge Licensee’s credit card, or otherwise seek payment for any fees due (per this or any other online or written agreement) or any damages to The Property arising from Licensee’s use of The Property, as well as for missing items, excessive clean-up, and, if necessary, the cost incurred in removing licensee from The Property and any related losses. Should a “Damage Protection” Policy also be in place, the security deposit will be retained to cover fees/damages/losses up to the amount of the deposit and or to cover any deficiency in coverage provided by the Damage Protection policy at Owner’s sole discretion.
A5. Check-In Inspection: It is Licensee’s sole responsibility to inspect the smoke alarm and carbon monoxide alarm, and to thoroughly inspect The Property (and contents) to ensure that it is free of safety/health hazards, and is properly equipped (Enough linens, soap, etc) upon arrival. Inadequate cleaning, missing supplies, and any damage, must be photographed and reported to Owner via email within 30 minutes of check-in so that cleaners or previous guests may be held accountable prior to receiving a refund of deposit. Beach gear provided includes 1 beach towel per guest, 2-4 beach chairs per rental and one insulated beverage bag/chest (snorkel gear, umbrellas are not usually provided).
A6. Licensee agrees to take a high degree of care in the use of The Property, and to act in such a way as to minimize liability for Owner. Licensee assumes the entire risk of injuries arising from use of The Property. Licensee takes full responsibility for all lost or broken items, and any damages to The Property of any kind.
A7. Licensee shall be responsible for all guests, and visiting animals and will ensure they abide by (or fall under) the rules and guidelines in this agreement.
A8. Occupancy: Licensee shall disclose all intended occupants and shall not invite unapproved guests onto The Property. The maximum number of occupants (excluding complex residents and registered guests of other units managed by Owner) allowed in The Property is 6 for a one bedroom, 4 in a studio, unless Owner agrees otherwise in writing. The Licensee shall not book The Property for any other person. The Licensee must be present at The Property for the time of the reservation, and take full responsibility for The Property. Only well known, trustworthy, and conscientious people shall be invited onto The Property by licensee. Unregistered guests of licensee are not to shower, do laundry, or spend more than 4 hours on The Property in a day or spend more than 8 hours on the property in any given week, without Owner consent. If Licenses has a guest staying more than 4 hours per day, or showering on The Property, Licensee shall pay a $10/day/guest fee.
A9. Restrictions on Property Use: Licensees are prohibited from engaging in, or allowing any activity or condition which constitutes a nuisance (interferes with any neighbor’s right to quiet enjoyment of their home) health hazard, eyesore or is unlawful.
A10. Air conditioning is available in some units for an additional fee of $10/day. Should air conditioning become unavailable and outdoor temp exceeds 85 degrees, Owner shall credit Licensee $15/day, Owner shall credit not be available, fans will be available. Should AC use be excessive (left on most of the day/night) guest will be responsible for the actual electric bill for the time of their stay if the charges exceed $10/day.
A11. Smoking: Unless permission is required by law, there shall be no smoking within 100’ of The Property or 300’ if upwind. Licensee is solely liable for all consequences of smoking on or near The Property including legal claims made for smoke-related illness or damages including attorney’s and legal fees related to such a claim.
A12. Personal Property Loss: Licensees are solely responsible for personal property left in or about The Property. Owner is not liable for any damage to/ loss of property.
A13. Returned Checks: Licensee will pay a $50.00 returned check fee on each check returned to Owner by Licensee’s bank.
A14. Cancellations and Changes: There will be no refunds for cancellations or changes unless indicated on third party software platforms at the time of booking. If cancellation policy allowing full refund is agreed upon (through (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN)/(SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN)/etc) at time of booking, Owner will retain a non-refundable $300 booking fee. Licensee must obtain cancellation protection via a Travel Insurance agency for full protection and right to refund.
A15. Assignment: Licensee may not sublet, sublicense or otherwise grant any rights to The Property.
A16 Refunds: Refunds, if due, will be issued only after all payments (From licensee and/or any party who takes over rental during Term) have cleared and all related bills have arrived and The Property is found to have no damage, pests infestations, or missing items. If Licensee is a “no-show,” or cancels within 30 days of the commencement Term, Licensee will forfeit the entire rental amount (including outstanding amounts, if any), without any right for refund. Owner does not give credit/refund for early departures. IF Security deposit is paid directly to owner (not to online booking service) Licensee shall request deposit refund from Owner via email no less than 14 days and no more than 60 days after Term.
A18. Limitations on Rental: Owner will not be liable for circumstances beyond their control, including but not limited to mechanical failure, unfavorable weather, pests (unless deemed uninhabitable by county health department), interruption of services including utilities, internet, cable, blackouts, etc. There will be no relocation, rental pro-ration or refund in the event of such circumstances. The Property is inspected and cleaned before check-in. If any cleanliness issues are of concern to Licenses upon checking in, Owner will send personnel to timely rectify the issue. In the event Owner is unable to deliver The Property to Licensee because of property sale, fire, mandatory evacuation, conditions beyond control of Owner, eminent domain or Acts of Nature, or if The Property is unavailable because of construction delays or lack of utilities, Licensee agrees that Owner’s sole liability, as a result of any of these conditions, will be a full refund of all payments tendered by Licensee. Licensee and Owner agree that in case of double booking, unexpected repairs, or cancellation by Owner, Licensee will be entitled to a full refund for period of time that The Property is unavailable to Licensee. If relocated, Licensee agrees to pay the difference in rental amount, should Licensee accept alternate accommodations. Licensee expressly acknowledges that in no event will Owner be held liable for any incidental or consequential damages, including but not limited to, expenses that result from moving or for any other losses.
A19. Tenancy: The Licensee acknowledges that this is NOT a tenancy for The Property. The Property is not rented for more than 30 days, and is taxed and treated as a transient occupancy, akin to hotel accommodations. Property laws do not apply to the license granted herein, and the Licensee may be removed as a trespasser immediately upon termination of this license. Any unregistered guests may be removed and charged with trespassing at any point during/after the Term or
A21. Changes: Every effort is made to ensure all listed information about The property is accurate and complete. However, Owner is not liable for errors, omissions, price changes or any changes made to the property including but not limited to changes of furnishings, equipment, décor, paint, landscaping, patio location/size, floorplan and/or room layout).
A22. Licensee grants consent to Owner to deduct from security depoisit and/or charge licensee’s credit card for any amount/fee due on or after the date these become due. These fees may include but are not limited to charges for rent, cleaning, repairs, and utility costs and any costs related to licensee’s occupancy of the property (including fines). late fees, cancellation fees, and other expenses which are a direct result of the booking or occupying of The Property by licensee.
A23. Occupancy shall not be permitted unless Owner receives full payment by the agreed upon date(s) (as stated on first page or in subsequent email communication from Owner).This Rental Agreement is binding when signed by Owner or when agreed upon via online booking software.
A24. Governing Law: The terms and conditions stated herein will be interpreted by and governed under the laws of the State of California and any action arising out of this agreement shall be litigated in the city of San Diego, State of California.
A25. a)LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: LICENSEE(S) AND THEIR GUEST(S) WILL BE OCCUPYING THE PROPERTY AT THEIR OWN RISK AND WILL NOT HOLD OWNER LIABLE FOR ANY PERSONAL LOSS, OR INJURY ARISING FROM THE USE OF SAID PROPERTY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, EXPOSURE TO ALLERGENS, MOLDS, OR CHEMICALS IN OR AROUND THE PROPERTY, INJURY CAUSED BY WILD OR DOMESTIC ANIMALS, AND/OR USE OF THE RECREATIONAL FACILITIES OFFERED AT THE PROPERTY. LICENSEE(S)’S SOLE REMEDY FOR OWNER’S BREACH OF THIS RENTAL AGREEMENT OR FAILURE TO MAKE THE PROPERTY AVAILABLE FOR THE RENTAL PERIOD, IS A Pro-rated refund of the fees paid, for dates on which the property is unavailable or uninhabitable which Licensee(s) agree(s) and acknowledge(s) is a fair and reasonable accurate estimate of any damages that would arise from Owner’s breach of this rental agreement. .
b) Indemnification: Licensee(s), for themselves and his/her/their guests and visitors, hereby agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Owner, and Owner’s employees, officers, directors, owners, agents, and assigns from any and all costs, expenses, attorney fees, suits, losses, settlements, judgments, fines, liabilities, damages or claims for damages arising out of or in connection with any damage to The Property or any injury caused to or death of any person (including Guests and Visitors) occurring during Licensee(s) use of The Property or the grounds surrounding The Property, caused by Licensee(s)’s or Guest(s)’s use of The Property, including any acts or omissions on the part of Licensee(s) agents, assigns, guests, or visitors.
A26. Invalid Provisions: If any provision of this Agreement is held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable under present or future laws effective during the term hereof, such provision shall be fully severable and this Agreement shall be construed and enforced as if such illegal, invalid, or unenforceable provision had never comprised a part hereof; and the remaining provisions hereof shall remain in full force and effect and shall not be affected by the illegal, invalid, or unenforceable provision or by it’s severance hereof. Furthermore, in lieu of such illegal, invalid, or unenforceable provision there shall be added automatically as a part of the Agreement a provision as similar in terms to such illegal, invalid, or unenforceable provision as may be possible and still be legal, valid, or enforceable.
27. Entire Agreement: This Agreement sets forth the entire understanding of the parties and supersedes all prior agreements or understandings, whether written or oral, with respect to the subject matter hereof. No amendment or modification hereto shall be binding unless made in writing and signed by the parties hereto.
28. Waiver: The waiver by either party hereto of a breach of any term or provision of this Agreement shall not operate or be construed as a waiver of a subsequent breach of same provision by any party or of the breach of any other term or provisions of this Agreement.
29. Privacy: Certain websites allow reviews that are unchecked with regard to reasonable sentiment. Licensee agrees that even minor negative sentiment can cause damages to Owner’s future business. Therefore, Licensee accepts and is hereby notified that all communications related to this transaction
shall remain private. Specifically, Licensee and invited guests agree not to criticize, make any statement which disparages, or post any review on any website unless requested in writing by the Owner. If any review (“the Review”) is posted by Licensee or invitee thereof, and found to contain unreasonable negative sentiment, in the sole opinion of the Owner, and is not removed within 72 hours, Licensee agrees that a copy of this Rental Agreement shall serve as Licensee’s full authorization to request and oblige the third party or website hosting or displaying the Review to remove it promptly upon request by Owner. Failure to remove the Review will be considered a breach of this Agreement, and Owner will consider this act to
have caused irreparable harm by loss of business and goodwill due to violation of this provision. In this event, Owner may seek damages of up to $100,000 from Licensee, and Licensee agrees to pay all such damages requested by Owner upon written demand. Licensee will pay any additional legal fees necessary to enforce demand should Licensee not comply
30. Notification of Injury to Person or Damage to Property: Tenant shall immediately notify SYVR of
any damage to The Property or injury taking place to any person on The Property or on the grounds
surrounding The Property, regardless of the cause of such damage or injury, which occurs during the
31.Headings: Headings of the paragraphs herein shall not be used for interpretation or construing any word, clause, paragraph or provision of this Agreement. We recommend you make a copy of this agreement for your records. All adults occupying the rental shall print and sign below as indicated.
32. Each violation of the agreement conditions, will result in a fee of $100 plus related damages, if applicable and violators may be removed from The Property immediately. If the time required to enforce any portion of this agreement or to administrate any tasks related to this rental exceeds 1 hour, Licensee shall be responsible for a $100/hour administration fee. Licensee is responsible for any fines (including but not limited to noise complaints, waste disposal issues, law enforcement or fire department involvment…) or clean-up fees and all related damages including loss of rent from The Property and adjacent properties (if affected). Licensee may be prosecuted for any crimes commited on/against The Property or Owner.
Licensee and Guest Responsibilities
B1. PROPERTY CARE & : Licensee shall treat The Property gently (e.g. only flush toilet paper and small amounts of human waste down toilets, follow manufacturer directions for using all appliances, putting only water-based liquids safe for pipes down any drain, etc). Licensee shall be mindful and inspect the Property frequently (e.g. check under sinks in the AM & PM to ensure the area is dry; ensure toilet is filling to the proper level (up to 1/3 of bowl during a flush), flushing completely, and that the water inlet in the tank is turning off after approximately one minute. The toilet should be silent in between uses, appliances with motors should have only slight hums. Licensee shall report any issues promptly.
B2. Licensee agrees to minimize Owner’s liability by acting in a conscientious and safe manner while on or about The Property and ensuring all guests also comply with general safety guidelines. Licensee shall not engage in dangerous activity in the premises. Licensee will hold a handrail when stepping/standing on/near any steps. Licensee shall only invite well-known friends and family onto The Property. Licensee agrees to manage any guests to ensure they act conscientiously on or about The Property. Licensee shall not disturb/endanger or interfere with neighbors, nor use the premises for unlawful acts, nor violate any law or ordinance, nor commit waste or nuisance on or about the premises. Licensee is expected to keep all (common or private) spaces clean and neat and to use them for their intended purpose (living spaces) only. Guests staying in Villa Serena have the following additional rules: Guests must remove shoes before entering the home (clean, soft soled slippers used only indoors may be worn). Guests with pets shall not let the pets touch any "absorbent" furnishings including rugs, side/bottom of couches, bedskirt. Sheets to cover couches will be provided if requested.
B3. PESTS: Licensee must take all reasonable steps including prompt removal/cleanup of crumbs, food, trash, and food residues and keeping doors closed, or barriers in place so as not to attract pests (insects, rodents, etc). Any Licensee responsible for attracting pests will be liable for all subsequent and/or related expenses. Licenseee can only use products/methods approved by Owner to control pests. Pyrethrin/pyrethroid/pyrethrum (or similar) and rodenticide use is prohibited and will result in a $200 fine. If licensee has recently spent time in an environment with a known or suspected pest infestation, Licensee shall take all precautions recommended by experts to not infect The Property. Any person not taking such precautions will be liable for infestation of The Property and subsequent damages including loss of rent related to Licensee’s negligence. If Licensee has recently experienced a suspected/known bug-bite, Licensee shall take advanced measures not infect The Property (ie not bring any item which may cause infection such as luggage, clothing, shoes, computer etc,). Owner retains the right to deny access to The Property by Licensee if pest contamination is suspected.
B4. DAMAGES: If damage caused or contributed to by Licensee is found and requires immediate attention to prevent further damage/liability, Licensee will immediately pay the estimated cost of repairing the damage and make The Property available for repairs without request for any refund/discount in rent. Licensee must promptly report problems (e.g. leaks, pests, mold, broken appliance, etc). Licensee will be held responsible for subsequent/compounded damages and related losses if problems are not reported in a timely manner. Licensee will prevent water damage and not allow damp/wet items/animals to rest anywhere in The Property where damage might occur (e.g. wood floors). Licensee will take reasonable measures (wiping off feet, shaking out towels) to prevent sand from entering The Property and drains (including washing machine). Licensee is responsible for any loss in rent related to damages caused by Licensee.
B5. REPAIR/ALTERATION/SPECIAL CARE: Licensee shall in no way alter The Property inside or out nor hire someone to do so. Furnishings, supplies, design, décor, structures, and landscaping may be changed by Owner without notice. Licensee shall take reasonable measures to not burden Owner with repairs for minor inconveniences, but shall report issues to create awareness and schedule repair. Some Windows are fixed to and to remain closed. Licensee shall not force any window open. Licensee shall not let children operate windows nor touch any mechanism responsible for holding windows open. If licensee has children/pets which may be injured by a falling window. Licensee will use a dual safety setup to including use of a peg/ to prevent the window from coming down on any body part. Any privacy film on windows is not to be removed or damage. Frosted glass surfaces should not be cleaned with any solution/abrasive. Bathtubs which have been refinished should only be cleaned with gentle cleansers labeled as safe for refinished surfaces.
B6. SAFETY: Licensee agrees to abstain from activities which are dangerous to the health or safety of any complex guest, resident, or pets. Minors are never to be left unattended on The Property. Licensee agrees that children under the age of 12 or older children/adults with developmental delays or severe physical disabilities will have constant, direct supervision of a sober, capable and conscientious adult at all times. The Properties are old, and not “child safe.” Children should not be allowed to approach or touch any animal which is not a member of that child’s household. All recommended fire-safety precautions provided by manufacturers and fire authorities must be observed .Any item (except microwave or range) which produce high heat must be unplugged (if electric) and allowed to cool before being left unattended. Licensee and all guests of licencee are required to know the placement of the fire-extinguishers. Fire pits, chimineas, fireplaces, candles, tiki torches, incense and other sources of fire or smoke (aside from the range) are not allowed. Licensee will pay a fee of $200 for each fire-hazard violation. Licensee will be charged for any smoke/oil damage (incense /candle smoke/residue/fragrance) which has contaminated any part of The Property or it’s contents. Grills must be at least 2’ away from combustible objects while in operation and under constant supervision while hot or discharging gas. Licensee must immediately and completely remove and sterilize any stains or messes creating biohazards or guest check with Owner about discarding affected items. Under no circumstance should guest leave biohazards anywhere in or around the property nor should guest display any unsightly or odorous mess by leaving affected items in the rental, on patios, porches, etc. Guests may hire a licensed and insured cleaner from (URL HIDDEN) for same day service to assist with messes in the home. Any biohazardous material (e.g. human vomit, blood, or feces) left on or about the property will result in $500 fine plus clean up fees.
7. ENTRY Owner reserves the right to enter The Property at any time to make repairs or improvements, to inspect, to supply necessary services, to take photos for advertising or evidentiary purposes, or to show the premises (in this last case, 12 hrs notice would be given). Licensee is responsible for keeping the premises tidy, clean, relatively quiet, and odor-free. Licesee will be responsible for loss of rent if The Property is not attractive enough to rent at the projected rental rate due to non-compliance with the provisions herein.
8. GUESTS. There shall not be more than six(6) people occupying any one/two bedroom overnight, nor more than three (3) people occupying any studio overnight unless expressly granted in writing by Owner. If Licensee has a guest for more than 4 hours in a day, there will be an additional rent of $10 per day, per unregistered guest. No person other than the Licensee or Owner-approved guest/house-sitter/pet-sitter is permitted to occupy The Property for more than 5 nights in any 30 day period. No person besides Licensee shall use this address as a mailing address nor store personal belongings on The Property. Licensee will be liable for losses related to any person Licensee invites into The Property either directly or indirectly (e.g. by leaving a door open). To ensure the harmony and safety of the residents of The Property, guests may be subjected to screening (in a similar fashion to tenant screening) and may be excluded from The Property at Owner’s sole discretion for any reason.
9. COMPLAINTS: Licensee agrees to email property manager for non-urgent property-related matters. Should Licensee witness disruptive noise, Licensee will submit a written record of the nuisance along with a video recording recorded from inside The Property. The video must show that all windows and doors are closed and then Licensee shall open windows to demonstrate noise level without a barrier. The video should be taken only to demonstrate the noise level in a closed (&open) property. This video should not include anything else which might be construed to be a violation of privacy. Should noise be coming from a neighboring home, Licensee should politely indicate to the neighbor that the noise is disruptive if management is not aware of the disturbance or not able to intervene.
10. WATER & ELECTRIC USE: Licensee must conserve water and adhere to all city and SDG&E regulations and tips on utility conservation. Utility use in excess of conservative usage shall result in fines equal to the amount of overage billed at the highest tier price for that billing period plus a $50 billing fee. Licensee will pay any fines/legal-fees issued to or accrued by Owner for Licensee’s inappropriate use of any utility/resource/service plus a $75/hour aministration/oversight fee. Licensee and all registered guests must limit showers to 10 minutes per day. No unregistered guest shall use resources supplied for registered guests and/or spend more than 6 hours on The Property in a 72-hour period (with payment of additional guest fee, this rule may be waived at Owner discretion). The wiring is meant to support conservative household appliance use only. Licensee will not use more than one high-draw (hair dryer, space heater, etc) at a time. In the case of circuit breaker tripping, Licensee shall unplug all items plugged into outlets of the affected circuit and reset the circuit breaker (by laundry). Licensee agrees to abide by the following rules of conservation: A) Use only gas heaters in the rooms these are in. B) Heat/cool only one room at a time unless multiple rooms are being used by multiple occupants for sleeping (i.e. heating/cooling the whole house when one person is home is not allowed). C) Use heating devices only when outside temperature is below 72 degrees and temperature in the room being heated is 68 degrees or less (max temp is 68 degrees. D) Use Air conditioners only when outdoor and indoor temperatures exceed 76 degrees in the shade E) use heaters/air conditioners only when all doors and windows to the room containing the heater/AC are closed. F) When cooling a room cool it to a mininum of 76 degrees Fahrenheit and when heating a room, heat it to a maxium of 68 degrees Fahrenheit. G) turn off all fans and lights (unless otherwise instructed/agreed upon) when not using a room. F) Licensees not abiding by the above rules will pay the costs for the utility use during the dates of their stay, at the highest tier for said billing period, plus a $40 Billing fee (Licensee will be presented with a copy of the utility usage for the dates of their stay and a fee breakdown) and will be responsible for the repair/replacementof any overworked/overheated AC/heater plus any loss in rent which occurs from Owner’s inability to supply the next guest with said devices. Exception to above rules on heating- 419 wall furnace in the office/guest-room may be used to also heat the living room up to 68 degrees while living room is in use. Under no circumstance will heaters or AC be left on when there is no person occupying the room unless special permission is obtained (e.g. if a pet will be left in the home, special permission may be granted). Conserve water by turning water off while shaving legs or brushing teeth, etc). Licensee shall be responsible for the overage, if any utility usage exceeds the usage for corresponding time period of the previous year (or an average of two prior years, if previous years’ use was found to be excessive).
11. TRASH: Licensee is responsible for carefully sealing organic/messy/odorous trash in plastic bags and promptly taking these out to the city bins (on Electric Ave). To conserve plastic, if non-odorous (not likely to decompose in a 2 day period) trash remains in any of the interior trash bags upon check-out, please just leave the bag and trash in the bin so the cleaners can add floor debris and used paper towels before discarding them. Recycling is mandated by the city. Messy containers should be lightly rinsed (keep in mind water is precious here) then put within a paper bag, cardboard box or newspaper to keep bin clean) and free of non-recyclable items (such as plastic film/bags/styrofoam). Licensees in 417 and 419 are responsible for putting the city bins in the street on Sunday evening or Monday morning prior to 7 AM, and for neatly placing them back in the designated location (Two blue bins in back, two black bins in front) once emptied. Licensee(s) of each property are allowed to fill half of a large black bin (approx 2.5 13-gallon kitchen trash bags) per week and up to 1/3 of a recycle bin weekly. The city picks up recycling only every other week (please check with Owner on which days the blue bins go out if you are unsure, but usually you can tell by what the neighbors across the street have put out). Bulky recyclables should be flattened. Large cardboard boxes may not be disposed of in the blue bins if they prevent the disposal of household recyclables by Licensee and other complex residents/guests.
12. LAUNDRY: Laundry use is not guaranteed for stays of less than 3 nights. Licensee may do one load of laundry (during assigned times) per two nights of occupancy. Laundry hours are from 8AM to 10PM, however licensee must obtain permission to use machines between 10AM and 5PM as they may be needed by housekeeping. Before placing laundry in the machines, Licensee must pre-clean to remove unsanitary/staining/odorous substances and debris/sand. If Licensee contributes to damage/dirtying of the machines Licensee will be held responsible for repair/cleaning and any subsequent loss. After each load, Licensee shall wipe down laundry machine lid area and inner rim so that the machines are clean (free of fur/hair, soap, debris, etc) for the next user. Any spillage of detergent must be immediately cleaned up. Laundry use is not guaranteed and privileges will be revoked if abuse is suspected. Laundry machines, are for registered guests or long term tenants only.
13. LIABILITY: At Owner’s discretion, if Licensee displays tendencies which leave Owner vulnerable to liability (e.g. possession of a territorial dog, dog off leash, gates/doors left open, unsupervised children, excessive alcohol consumption, etc) Licensee may be required to immediately obtain a renter’s insurance policy via Statd Farm (or Owner approved company) to cover contents of home (if allowed) and provide a minimum of one million dollars per incident of liability coverage. Owner must be listed as “additional insured” on this policy and provided a copy as well as a statement authorizing Owner to inquire on the policy and make changes so that it reflects the terms of this lease. Licensee is solely responsible for damage or loss caused directly or indirectly (via malice, neglect, accident, or any other cause) by Licensee or Licensee’s pet/guest. Alternatively or additionally, if Licensee fails to obtain insurance sufficient to cover projected liability, insurance coverage may be obtained by Owner on behalf of Licensee at Licensee's expense.
~~~ 14. HOUSEKEEPING: Cleaning fee charged via the online booking platform is not refundable. Cleaning fees are collected and applied as follows A) $50 plus $10/night for a Villa Tranquila and Villa Serena, c) $30 plus $5/night for Villa Solana. If the pre-paid cleaning fee exceeds these amounts, the additional amount is applied as a "Brief Stay Fee" which is not applicable toward cleaning. (Implementing a Brief Stay Fee allows Owner to discount nightly rates in hopes to attract longer stays without decreasing the rental amount for guests who stay only 1-3 nights). If the total cleaning fee is not pre-paid, the remainder is due in cash upon check in (or may be paid via the booking service but will be subject to fees and taxes). If Licensee would like a deep clean (rugs shampooed, all cabinets/drawers wiped out, detailed cleaning of windows and treatments...) prior to check in, this is possible for an additional "super clean" fee of $75 for Villa Solana and $150 for Villa Serena/Tranquila. Otherwise, the Property will be offered in a reasonably clean condition. Cleaning fees are applied as follows $60 for up to one hour of light cleaning and one load of laundry then $30 per additional hour of light cleaning and $20 per additional load of laundry. Heavy/deep/specialty cleaning (removing, stains, upholstery cleaning, heavy de-greasing, removing strong odors, etc) is charged at a rate of $70 for the first hour and $50 each additional hour. Owner may require a mid-stay cleaning for stays of more than 7 nights. Licensee may be required to begin a load of laundry on the morning of check-out. If extended, specialized, and/or deep cleaning is required due to the Property being left in an unsanitary, dirty, or messy condition, the fee to be paid by Licensee will be the actual cost of cleaning plus a $100 fee for Owner oversight. Licensee shall further be responsible for the payment of any refund offered by Owner (or demanded by guest) to any guest who is unable to fully enjoy the property due to Licensee’s failure to keep The Property clean.
15. Licensee must inspect the Property and contents and photograph and report issues of safety, damage, or unsatisfactory cleanliness within 30 minutes of check-in. If no issues are reported and documented in these 30 minutes, Licensee waives any right to make statements about uncleanliness in any review of the property, and may be held responsible for damages. Licensee shall keep The Property relatively clean and not move furnishings from their appropriated locations without permission from Owner.
16. NOISE: Unless agreed upon by adjacent neighbors, Between 10PM and 7AM weekdays and between 11PM and 8AM on weekends (Friday and Saturday night) is Quiet Time, there shall be no activity or lights on in the yards or patios. Should any neighbor complain, outdoor activity or loud indoor activity must cease by 10PM per city regulations. During Quiet Time, Licensee shall close windows in close proximity to neighbors while engaging in indoor activity or conversation. Licensee shall take every reasonable measure to act as a respectful neighbor. No parties are allowed. Licensee agrees to minimize and prevent pounding noise on the floors (running, jumping, etc). If rental is not occupied to capacity, Licensee may request to have one gathering of well-known persons (up to the herein stated capacity) no more frequently than once per week and for no longer than 4 hours, between the hours of 9AM and 10PM and must be approved at the time of reservation. Licensee is solely responsible for cleanup and any nuisance/liability related to his/her guests both on and off The Property (littering, loitering, etc). Absolutely no shouting, public drunkenness, lude acts, aggression, or other disrespectful behavior will be permitted. Guests must be polite in all dealings with Owner. Additionally, no promotional or offensive items (including sports/political, signs/banners/flags stickers, etc) can be displayed on/near The Property in such a way that they are seen from public areas.
17. No Pets are allowed on The Property at any time without the prior written consent of Owner.
18. PARK POLITELY: Except for brief loading/unloading vehicles, Licensee may have only one parked vehicle (including vehicles of guests) parked on Gravilla to the West of Tyrian street St or on any portion of Electric Ave. Licensee shall park vehicle(s) in such a way as to maximize available parking for neighbors (not take up two spaces). Licensee will ensure all able-bodied guests with additional cars beyond the first, park East of Tyrian street to keep parking on Gravilla Street and Electric Avenue available to residents.
19. STEPPING OUT: Licensee shall be sure all doors, gates, and windows are locked in such a way as to prevent entry (windows can be locked partially open) if they plan to be absent from The Property. Licensee shall notify Owner if they plan to be absent from the unit overnight.
20. FOOD: Licensee may leave food items in the refrigerator or freezer if they are safe to be eaten by another party (not contaminated with saliva, etc). Any food which isn’t safe for sharing should be discarded. If Licensee finishes off any of the provided condiments during their stay, they shall replace these before check out.
1.GENERAL: “Dogs” or “pets” shall refer to Licensees’ pets and those of Licensee’s guests. Only harmless (to other pets as well as neighbors, workers, deliver persons, etc), friendly pets are allowed on The Property. Licensee shall be diligent with his/her pet’s care/training. All pets must be relatively quiet, friendly (or harmless), non-aggressive, and well-mannered. The pet rules may be changed by Owner at any time as needed to protect The Property or ensure peace and safety. Licensee will take all reasonable steps to minimize or, whenever possible, eliminate Owner’s liability as it pertains to Licensee’s animal(s). Licensee agrees to take reasonable measures to minimize pet-related wear or damage to the premises. Licensees will be held liable for any pet-related loss including but not limited to loss of rent for adjacent units if other residents are affected by Licensee’s pet, and fines from the city for nuisance. Any new or visiting pet must be approved of ahead of time by Owner. Licensee agrees Owner may enter The Property without notice and/or use any conventional t raining method to remedy vocalization or destruction, or to aid a pet who is suspected to be injured, sick, or suffering from neglect. Owner is permitted to offer emergency first aid to any pet in need and is permitted to act on behalf of Licensee to obtain emergency veterinary care for Licensee’s pet at Licensee’s expense. Licensee agrees to hold harmless Owner and any veterinary personnel for any first aid or veterinary services performed. In the event Owner is required to assist in the care of any pet, Licensee must reimburse Owner within 5 days. In the even of non-payment, Owner may deduct resulting expenses from Security Deposit or rent.
2.BEHAVIOR: Dangerous, or destructive animals are not allowed on The Property at any time. Licensee must have control of his/her pet and take every reasonable precaution to prevent injury and annoyance. All pets must be managed in a way to guarantee the safety of neighborhood pets (cats, dogs, and chickens) which roam free. Should any pet prove to be threatening/reactive, or a repetitive nuisance, the pet and the Licensee will be removed from The Property with no right to a refund of rent, fees, or deposit funds. At Owner’s discretion, the Deposit may be retained and offered to affected neighbors for their inconvenience. Dogs under 20 months of age or those prone to digging, getting on furniture, scratching or any other destructive behavior will not be left unattended. Occasional, non-disruptive barking during the day (8AM to 10PM) is acceptable. Licensee will be notified of pet issues via text message (and subsequent phone call if no response). If available, Owner will attempt to remedy the situation at minimal expense to Licensee by using Licensee’s recommended training methods if practicable. If there is repetitive, uncontrollable barking (loud enough to prevent enjoyment of neighboring properties), in excess of 10 minutes per day and Licensee is unresponsive or unable to promptly remedy the matter, Licensee will pay a $2/minute fine for repetitive vocalization plus any actual loss in rent resulting from the nuisance.Licensee gives permission to Owner to enter The Property quiet/calm any distressed or destructive pet via any reasonable means . Should Owner be unable to calm a distressed pet, Licensee give permission for the pet to be transferred to the care of a pet professional for supervision/care. Signing of this agreement gives Owner license to handle, train, transport and obtain pet services on behalf of and at he expense of Licensee. Dangerous animals may be removed and/or destroyed by a Law enforcement agent should they pose a threat or prevent access to The Property. Licensee holds harmless Owner for any injury, illness, loss or death of any animal. Licensee agrees to pay Owner an inconvenience fee/fine of $20 per occurrence plus $1/minute for the time it takes to remedy a pet nuisance or a dangerous or destructive pet situation. Licensee agrees to pay any expenses incurred by Owner related to Licensee’s pet.... Any pet that has become a repeat nuisance to any neighbor may be excluded from The Property temporarily or permanently at Owner’s discretion. Licensee is responsible for any and all losses related to their pet including reasonable attorneys fees and legal/court fees related to any animal situation.
EXERCISE/HEALTH: When weather permits, all dogs should be exercised and cared for as follows: All dogs should have a minimum of one hour of exercise outside of The Property daily unless a disability (in the dog) prevents this. All dogs must be taken on brief or long (minimum 5 minutes) potty walks at least every 10 hours and at least three times a day so that there is less boredom and minimal elimination in yard/patio. All high-energy dogs (including any working/hunting/sport breed under the age of 6) must have 90 minutes a day of outdoor activity and should be exercised prior to being left at The Property unsupervised. Hyperactive/anxious dog must be provided additional exercise and training to obtain a calm demeanor. Cats over 16 weeks of age must be neutered/spayed. Male dogs must be neutered (some exceptions may apply).
SAFETY: Cats must be indoors at night. Cats may be outdoors if managed to prevent conflict. If any pet has a contagious disease, Licensee shall take extreme care to ensure such disease is not transmitted. Licensee will be responsible for loss of rent and other related expenses (e.g. cleaning, extermination, and decontamination) if Licensee’s pet has contaminated the premises with any pathogen/parasite. Due to the high concentration of pets in the area, when exiting the home to common/public areas, dogs must be restrained by a leash with no more than 3’ of leeway and must be under full control of their handler. Licensee will ensure their home and yard are sufficiently equipped to contain pets. Such measures will include closing windows pet can access, locking doors, inspecting and testing gates (including baby/puppy gates) and fences regularly to ensure they will contain pets, and locking (or securing from inside) all exterior gates. Licensee shall provide gardener and Owner access to yard at any time. Any dog that has a history of or is showing aptitude for aggression is not allowed on or near The Property. Licensee agrees to not house a pet in any vehicle or neighboring structure in an effort to maintain possession of an animal that has been excluded from The Property. Licensee is solely responsible for any damage or loss caused directly or indirectly by Licensee’s pet’s behavior or presence.
CLEANLINESS: Pet feces must be cleaned up daily. If Licensee’s pet eliminates in the home, Licensee agrees to take all necessary steps to prevent damage to the home including hiring a trainer, using an indoor potty, and confining the pet. Licensee agrees to keep dogs clean so as not to have obvious doggy odor in the home. In order to offer a clean and fresh appearance, during times that any property is being showed to prospective Licensees/investors/buyers, or other people wishing to inspect the premises, Licensee agrees to limit pet access to yard so as to prevent odors or destruction of the landscaping. Licensee will discourage his/her dog from urinating/defecating on the decorative rocks/plants in landscaped areas. Licensee will take any steps necessary to minimize the risk of inviting such pests/predators as rodents, raccoons, coyotes, and insects. Licensees will feed pets indoors, supervise meals, and promptly remove food/crumbs that may attract pests, wildlife, or neighbor’s pets.
PESTS: Licensee agrees to take all reasonable steps to prevent infestation of The Property by pests. Receipts for flea products shall be made available to Owner upon request to verify treatment. All dogs and cats must be treated with an effective (zero fleas are noted on pet or on The Property), Owner-approved flea adulticide (Revolution, Activyl, Trifexis, or Comfortis) as advised by Owner’s veterinarian. Licensee will treat pet with nitepyram daily should there be suspicion of fleas in The Property or on Licensee’s pet. Any other species of pet prone to parasites should be treated to prevent/control such parasites. Licensees must immediately inform Owner of suspected/confirmed presence of any pest or parasite. If property is uninhabitable or less habitable due to flea infestation contributed to by Licensee’s pet, Licensee will be responsible for damages including but not limited to loss of rent (until the fleas/pupae/larvae are eliminated) and extermination/cleaning fees and all related expenses.
3.Pet Fee: Pet lodging fee is $30plus $10/night/pet (For Villa Serena, add $20 if dog sheds or is over 20lbs). Dog crates/beds can be rented if agreed at time of booking (and, in most cases, at the last minute). Crates and beds may be rented for $10 each for small and $20 each for large or XL for up to two weeks then $0.50/day.
Misrepresentation by Licensee or violation of any provision of this agreement will, at Owner discretion, result in immediate removal of Licensee and all other occupants from The Property without refund, and licensee will be held liable for any damages to The Property, contents and grounds, and all subsequent damages and losses. The undersigned Licensee acknowledges having read the entire foregoing information prior to signing.
____________________________ _______________________________ ___________
Licensee Name Licensee Signature Date