The "maison Pierre Loti" is a superb house typical of the Quercy region, built on the main square of a Bretenoux, an old village now protected. The house has a lot of character but also all the modern conveniences.
The house is spacious (1700 ft 2), sunny and cool even in the summer thanks to its 3ft wide stone walls.
Sheets, towels, bed linens, and high speed wifi are included in the price.
The house is ideally located to visit the region : vallée de la Dordogne, Padirac, Rocamadour,..
A few reasons among others to be seduced by the house:
- if you like historical places, houses with a soul, fine stones: the house is built on the main square of Bretenoux, an old typical french village with arches, dating back from the 13th century. It is also the house where the french writer Pierre Loti went on holidays as a child, holidays he talks about in his books "Le roman d'un enfant" and "Prime jeunesse". If you read the books (available on site, but only in french), you'll recognize the house! A proof that it has been able to withstand the test of time (even though comfort has improved :) )
- if you like space, peace and trouble-free holidays: you will enjoy the 1700 ft2 of the house, its 540 ft2 living room with wood panelling, its two 215 ft2 bedrooms... The house is sunny but remains cool at the same time, even in summer, thanks to its 3 ft wide stone walls. The house is located in a quiet street, but close to all shops: bakery at 130 ft for "croissants" every day, market at 150 ft for fresh local products, restaurant at 300ft, and for the most sporty you can event rent canoe at 1000ft.
- if you want to be sure not to miss anything in the region: the house is ideally located to visit everything. Located in the heart of the "vallée de la Dordogne", some of the most beautiful villages of France Loubressac, Autoire and Carennac are all less than 6 miles away, Padirac is at 9 miles, Rocamadour at 19, Saint-Céré and its festival at 5... Not to mention the natural park "Causses du Quercy", the countless castles, the hiking paths...
- first floor: hallway, equipped kitchen with fireplace, toilets
- second floor (accessed by a large stone stairway): huge 540 ft2 living room, an anteroom, two 215 ft2 bedrooms with its separated shower room and toilet each.
Be aware that the house can accomodate up to 7 people but there are only two "real" bedrooms:
- In the first bedroom upstairs is a single bed and a double bed.
- In the second bedroom upstairs is a double bed
- In the living room is one couch, and we can add a foldable bed if needed
SERVICES AND EQUIPMENT INCLUDED : High speed Wifi, 4K 49"TV, bed linen and towels, expresso machine, coffee machine, toaster, electric kettle, washing machine, drying machine, library, toys for children (both for indoors and outdoors), iron, baby changing table, hair dryer, baby bathtub, baby bed, microwave, dishwasher, oven, fans...
Interakcija s gostima
I speak english, but I travel a lot and can't always be there in person to welcome you and introduce you to the house. In this case, the person who will welcome you might not speak english very well (but she'll always be very kind, I promise!). So I recommend you to ask most of your questions to me, either before you arrive or on site, I'll be available on (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) most of the time.
Except if you want to practice trying to understand french people speak english, which might be a good training for the rest of your stay in the Lot...
Je serai ravi de vous accueillir dans la "maison Pierre Loti", superbe demeure du XVIIe siècle située dans la vallée de la Dordogne, une des plus belles régions de France. Mon expérience de couchsurfing et airbnb autour du monde saura me servir pour vous proposer le logement le plus agréable qui soit et ne pas répéter les erreurs des autres ! Je sais ce que ça fait d'arriver dans une maison où les draps n'ont pas été changés ou où l'internet ne marche pas :) N'hésitez pas à me contacter pour toute question !