Ideal for students in transition
Rooms are ready to go!
Free Green Light Internet Service
All common areas of the property plus the private room(s) assigned.
This is a student housing unit. During the school year, it is occupied. However, one or two rooms will be available throughout the summer during the college holiday months.
Guests who stay fewer than 30 days are subject to a 6% local occupancy tax, which will be due upon arrival. Airbnb.com does not collect these taxes on our behalf.
Treat it as your own home.
Shared Student Housing, so be mindful of your roommates.
Roommate Rules and Code of Ethics
1. Establish Boundaries
• What household items are to be shared by all?
(URL HIDDEN)Cleaning item(URL HIDDEN)Furnitur(URL HIDDEN)Pots, pans, kitchen items, etc(URL HIDDEN)Television
• What belongings of each person are off limits to roommates? (unless person offers or permission was given)
2. Are boyfriends/girlfriends/friends/family allowed to spend the night?
• If so, said person’s things stay in said roommates room, not to infiltrate the rest of the house
• Said person may not help themselves to other roommate’s food, drinks, personal items, etc.
• Said person needs to clean up behind themselves if they make a mess or take a shower, etc. Roommates should not be expected to clean up after other’s roommates’ guest(s).
• Said person is not allowed to continuously and consecutively spend the night, move their stuff in, etc. as they do not pay the rent. If this happens, roommates have right to call the landlord and report it.
3. If all roommates are planning meals together, then all roommates split grocery expenses for those meals or for shared items such as eggs, milk, condiments and bread (This works well to eliminate waste and using up treasured real estate in the refrigerator).
4. Label all personal groceries with your initials so roommates know those groceries are yours only.
• This eliminates miscommunication and hard feelings. Keep personal groceries in your designated cupboard space and keep shared items in their own space. (Remember, the division of storage real estate in shared living and kitchen spaces.)
5. Do not eat or drink roommates’ food or drinks. This is rude and you know it would piss you off if they did it to you. Be respectful.
• If you do eat or drink roommates’ food or drink then be honest about it, confess you did it and replace it immediately or
• Give the roommate $ immediately to replace it. (This is where honesty and responsibility come into play. Like using a credit card or checkbook, if you don’t have the $ to pay for it, you don’t eat, drink it, use it or break it.)
6. Do not go into roommate’s room for any reason unless roommate asks you to do so.
7. Keep your bedroom door closed when you are not at home.
• This makes it easier for your roommates when guests are over so they don’t have to worry about them going into your room. (Landlord has provided locks on the doors for each renter so you can keep your room safely locked when you are gone for long periods of time, i.e. Weekend, spring break, etc.)
• This keeps boundaries established that your room is not a free for all.
8. Clean up after yourself in shared spaces.
• The bathroom(s), when you are done showering, using the toilet (especially if messy things come out of you), doing your hair, etc. clean up after yourself.
(URL HIDDEN)wipe down the shower, spray the bottom of the shower with cleaner (stops athletes foot before it can start)
(URL HIDDEN)wipe down the toilet seat (including the bottom side of it) and scrub the inside if dirty (Nobody enjoys scrubbing poop remnants or puke off of the toilet seat or the bottom side of it or cleaning a toilet in general so get in the habit of cleaning it after you leave these remnants)
(URL HIDDEN)wipe down the sink area or counter area and put your personal items away when done with them.
• When you make food and dirty the dishes, wash them, dry them, put them away, and wipe down counters. Do not leave crumbs to entice insects or rodents into your home because they will find you. They thrive in dirty environments.
• If you spill something in the refrigerator, oven, microwave, or anywhere else, wipe it up immediately. Do not let it sit to get sticky on the surfaces.
• If you track mud into the house, etc., sweep it up and mop if necessary.
• Pick up after yourself. (You learned this as a toddler. If not, then (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) the term or ask your roommate).
• Do not leave your laundry in the washer or dryer.
(URL HIDDEN)First, if you leave your laundry in the washing machine longer than about 8 hours, your clothes will smell like rank, dirty feet and when you dry them, the smell remains. The clothes then have to be rewashed or else you will wreak when you wear them.
(URL HIDDEN)Your roommates need to be able to do their laundry as well.
9. Designate one day of the week where you both or all get together and do shared cleaning.
• Clean out the refrigerator, clean out the oven, vacuum, dust, sweep and mop the floors, taking out the trash, etc.
• TIP: Dishcloths and dishtowels should be changed every day as they harbor bacteria. (Dishcloths should be washed with all other towels, washcloths, etc.)
• TIP: All cleaning rags should be washed in hot water separate from all other laundry including washcloths, towels, etc.
• TIP: Rinse all mop heads and sponges out with hot water and let air dry before storing them to keep bacteria at bay.
10. Respect each other’s privacy and establish guidelines for quiet hours etc.
11. Tell your roommate where you are going and when to expect you back or leave a note. This is just to be courteous
• Make sure you exchange phone numbers with your roommate and hang emergency numbers on the refrigerator or other designated place.
12. Use common sense. If you do not understand that term, (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) it.
13. Remember to be honest, respectful and responsible and you will have a great roommate experience.
Od 1. Rujan 2017. - 31. Svibanj 2018. minimalni boravak je 180 noćenja.
Seaman Properties provides worry-free housing for hard-working, busy college students and interns.
During the holidays, rental units are available to you. Take advantage of all the home furnishings and amenities on your next getaway. Book with us today!