PLEASE NOTE: HAVEN HOMEPLACE WAS SOLD TO NEW OWNERS ON APRIL 28th, 2017. WE ARE CURRENTLY NOT ACCEPTING GUEST BOOKINGS. PLEASE CHECK BACK AT A LATER DATE. Thank you!
1830 Elijah Haven Homeplace is our very private Gentlemans Farm on 78 acres in North Central MA outside Boston. It's a great place to make memories. Enjoy nature in a place that immediately feels like home— someplace different. Perfect for your vacation or a place to unplug!
Elijah Haven Homeplace is our private, light, bright and very unique early-1800s Country Home on a 78 acre Gentlemans Farm in Ashburnham, MA outside of Boston. Despite only being roughly an hour out of the city, it's on its own 500' private road in a setting that strikes many guests as more like Vermont.
The fully-furnished and accessorized cottage is situated on a hillock, surrounded by many rolling acres of fields, forests, stream, orchards, blueberries and wildlife. It's fully updated with lots of modern amenities - perfect for people who value their privacy, peace and convenience. Walk through the door and you're instantly home.
Stay from 2 (URL HIDDEN) several months...
Haven is conveniently located minutes from prestigious Cushing Academy in Ashburnham, MA and 7 minutes from Route 2. Boston/Cambridge is about a highway hour away via Route 2.
In-person orientation, light weekly housekeeping and much more are included. Wide pine floors, center chimney and lots of windows and skylights make this a cheerful, healing place to stay — even in wintertime.
Enjoy total privacy. Impressive natural surroundings. Outdoor deck with Wood Dining Set, Adirondack Chairs, Infrared Propane Barbecue and Tropical Plantings (gardenia, hibiscus, mandevilla, citrus, figs) during the warm season. Gardens & lawns abound. There's an herb garden just outside the kitchen.
You will have sole occupancy of the entire cottage, up to 2 spaces in the carriage house/garage and unfettered access to all of the lawns and fields. In addition, Haven Homeplace abuts hundreds of acres of conservation land with miles and miles of trails, brooks and ponds for walking, hiking and biking.
Interakcija s gostima
We always either greet you personally or our caretaker does. You'll receive a greeting and orientation — plus we are available via phone, email, text (and in-person if we're not traveling) for to answer your questions and to guide you. We were born here. We'll steer you right!
We're new to Airbnb, but veterans at Vacation Rental hosting (7 years). Until we get a few Airbnb reviews under our belt, you can view comments from our Guests back to 2009 at our website and elsewhere. Just do an online search for "Elijah Haven Homeplace".
Please speak with us about your particular situation and needs. We are responsive and always eager to advise and help.
1 - We require all guests to read and sign a Guest Agreement outlining the terms of their stay. To review the terms of our Guest Agreement, please see House Rule #7 below. You must provide your email address to us so that we may email the Guest Agreement to you. We must receive your completed and signed Guest Agreement within one week of the date that your reservation is accepted by us or before your arrival date, whichever is sooner, or we have the option of terminating your reservation.
2 - No Smoking is allowed in the house or on the grounds. A $250 cleaning fee will be assessed and charged to your credit card, and/or your stay may be terminated at our discretion.
3 - All Rates are based upon a maximum of four guests using two beds in two bedrooms. If four or fewer guests require the use of the Daybed or Queen Inflatable Mattress, there is an additional $100 Flat Fee.
4 - No unauthorized additional overnight guests are allowed.
5 - No parties, activities or events are allowed without prior written arrangement with owners.
6 - Pets are accepted at our sole discretion out of respect to our guests with animal allergies. You must have written approval from us (see Guest Agreement). Pet Fee of $100 applies. Pets must be crated if left indoors when you are not on-premises.
7 - Guest Agreement Verbiage:
"We require guests to complete and return this Guest Agreement to us for any Security Damage Payment, if needed. Please follow these instructions:
1. Please initial at the bottom of Page 1
2. Complete and initial at the bottom of Page 2 (please print or type very clearly)
3. Please initial at the bottom of Pages 3 and 4
4. Complete and initial at the bottom of Page 5 (please print or type very clearly)
5. Complete and sign Page 6 (please print or type very clearly)
6. Scan the completed document (if emailing)
7. Email or fax the entire Agreement back to us — whichever is easier for you. Email: (EMAIL HIDDEN) Fax: (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN).
We must receive your completed and signed Guest Agreement within one week of the date that your reservation is accepted by us or before your arrival date, whichever is sooner, or we have the option of terminating your reservation. Once we have received it, we will send a confirmation email to you and request a 4-digit PIN Code from you so that we may enter it into the ADT Security System and the entry door lock.
As we near your arrival date, we will coordinate with you so that either we, or our assistant, may greet you.
John and Scott"
"Haven Homeplace Guest Agreement
This agreement is made this ___________ day of __________________ by and between Scott Bingham
and John Rahaim (Hosts) and _____________________________________________________(Guests).
1. The premises are provided fully furnished and may include but not limited to: A complete Kitchen/Dining Area (Stove, Microwave, Refrigerator, Dishwasher, Dishes, Coffee Maker, Flatware, Glassware, Cooking Utensils, Pots, Pans, etc., plus Dining Table with seating for six, Sideboard, Storage Chest for Miele Vacuum Cleaner, various Artwork, etc...); Living Room (2 Sofas, 2 Club Chairs, HD Television with Dish Network “America’s Top 120” plus Locals Package and a Blu-ray Disc Player enclosed in an Antique Paymaster’s Desk, Antique Blanket Chest, various Oriental Carpets, various Lighting, various Artwork); 2 Bedrooms (one with Queen Size Sleigh Bed, One with Full Size Antique Shaker Style Bed, both with various Nightstands and/or Bureaus, Lighting, Oriental Carpets, various Artwork, etc…); Bathroom (New Glass Enclosed Tiled Shower with High-end Fixtures, Kohler Pedestal Sink, Robern Gilded Medicine Cabinet, Kohler Toilet, Antique Pine Bureau, etc...); Loft Area Above Kitchen (Daybed, Club Chair and various Artwork, etc...); Comcast WiFi backed up by APC Back-UPS; Electricity; Oil Heat; Central Air Conditioning; Grounds Maintenance (Snow Plowing/Path Shoveling, Lawn Maintenance); One Indoor Garage Space with Remote Control; Full-Sized Clothes Washer and Dryer in basement; Monitored ADT Home Burglar/Fire Alarm System; Linens, Bath Towels, Sundries (such as Bath Soap, Shampoo, Toilet Tissue, Paper Towels, Kleenex Tissues, Laundry Detergent, Dishwashing Detergent and/or similar); Weekly Housekeeping Services for multi-week stays (to be coordinated between Guest and Host or Host’s Representatives) consisting of the washing/drying of bed linens and bath towels, vacuuming of premises, dusting of premises and cleansing of bathroom. There are no Guest phone privileges included in this agreement unless prior written arrangements are made with the Host. The Guest(s) is responsible for the care and maintenance of all furnishings beyond normal wear. We maintain an inventory and count of household accessories. Guest’s Credit Card will be charged for the replacement or repair of missing or damaged items/fixtures, carpet, floors, etc.
2. Term of Agreement: The stay shall begin no earlier than 3:00 p.m. on
and ends no later than 10:00 a.m. on ____________________________, unless previous written arrangements have been made, for a total amount
of $___________________. This amount is being paid directly through Airbnb and includes any Airbnb Service Fees.
CHECK-IN TIME IS 3:00pm. A Late Arrival Fee of $50.00 applies to all Check-ins after 7:00pm unless previous written arrangements have been made."
"CHECK-OUT TIME IS 10:00am.
**NOTE: Arrangements for and coordination of check-in must be made at least one (1) week in advance. Prompt checkout is necessary to allocate adequate time for “turnover cleaning services”. We will accommodate early check-in or late check-out requests whenever possible.
3. Terms of Occupancy: The premises are to be occupied by the listed Guests only unless previous written arrangements are made. Guest(s) shall activate the ADT Security Alarm System whenever they leave the premises to ensure protection of the property.
PETS ARE ACCEPTED ON A VERY LIMITED BASIS AND EACH PET WILL BE SPECIFICALLY LISTED ON THIS AGREEMENT. NO SMOKING IS PERMITED.
Violation of the above will result in a $250 cleaning fee and termination of stay. Your signature below authorizes us to place said charge on your credit card. Guest shall maintain the premises in safe and sanitary conditions. Furniture and furnishings shall not be rearranged. All appliances shall be used properly. In addition Guest agrees to comply with all covenants, conditions, restrictions, bylaws, rules, regulations, and decisions of the Hosts, which are posted on the premises or delivered to Guest. Guest shall pay any fines or charges imposed by owners association or other authorities, due to violation by Guest, or the Guests or licensees of Guests. Guest shall not, and shall ensure that Guests and licenses of Guests shall not disturb, annoy, endanger, or interfere with neighbors, or use the Premises for any unlawful purposes, including, but no limited to using, manufacturing, selling, storing, or transporting illicit drugs or other contraband or violate any law or ordinance, or commit waste or a nuisance upon the premises.
4. Liabilities: Guest agrees to assume all liability and hold Host harmless from any and all injuries to persons or damage to property caused by Guest, or any Persons on the premises with Guest’s permission. Guest agrees to pay any cost and attorney fees incurred by Host in defending any lawsuit or other action brought in reference to such injuries or damage. All of Guest’s personal property in the premises is at Guest’s risk only and Hosts shall not be liable for any loss or damage to it, nor is Host responsible for insuring Guest’s personal property.
5. Access: Guest shall allow Hosts or their representatives access to the premises for purposes of repair and inspection, or for purposes of showing the premises to prospective future Guests or Buyers. Guest shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner. Hosts shall give Guest reasonable notice before exercising this right of access, except in case of emergency.
If any Guest is absent from the property for an extended period of time (multiple days), Guest(s) gives Owners unconditional permission to reset heat or cooling thermostat temperatures to appropriate energy conservation settings, solely at the Owners’ discretion. Temperature parameters will be reset to normal prior to Guests’ return. Acceptable Guest-adjustable temperature range for Heat is a minimum of 68º and a maximum of 73º from 7am-11pm and a minimum of 64º and a maximum of 70º from 11pm-7am. Normal"
"Acceptable Guest-adjustable Central Air Conditioning temperature parameters are a minimum of 75º from 7am-11pm and 72º from 11pm-7am. Guest(s) agrees to keep all windows and doors closed while AC or heat operation is in progress.
Due to the early 19th century, vintage nature of 1830 Elijah Haven Homeplace, the HVAC system is preset to operate within certain parameters with high and low temperature limiters, so as to avoid malfunctions and conform to professionally-recommended operational thresholds. The system is monitored remotely by computer and adheres to fixed thresholds for both heating and cooling. Maximum user-adjustable temperature is 73º during heating season. Minimum user-adjustable cooling temperature is 72º in summer. During periods of extreme heat, these Central AC minimums may not be reachable. We advise our guests to take advantage of the thermal cellular shades in the daytime to aid in retention of cool air, as well as use the provided fans.
For extended absences, Guest(s) must notify the Owners regarding the date and time of their departure and return so that the Owners may ensure the security of the property and/or enter for the purposes of cleaning, maintenance and repair including inspection of said premises.
In the case that ownership of Haven Homeplace is transferred to another party, then the current Owners shall notify the Guest(s) in writing by Registered Mail of said ownership transfer within 45 days of the Guest(s)’ planned date of arrival at Haven Homeplace, or as soon as reasonably possible. Guest(s)’ reservation or balance of stay may be terminated at discretion of Owners at that time. If so, Owners shall return the balance of Guest(s)’ payment in full with no further monetary consideration due by Owners. Owners will do their best to help find and facilitate the procurement of alternative accommodations. Guest shall hold Owners, their heirs and assigns harmless in the event of any cancellation of Guest(s)’ booking.
7. Security Damage Payment: Your MasterCard, Visa, American Express or Discover Card will be charged for any damages caused by you or your guests during your stay. Your signature below authorizes us to place said charge(s) on your credit card.
If any provision of this Agreement is held by a Court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, void or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall nevertheless continue in full force and effect without being impaired or invalidated in any way."
"GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
This Agreement shall be governed by, and construed under, the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Jurisdiction and venue for all purposes shall be in the County of Worcester, Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
All Guest(s) Name(s):
(please print clearly(URL HIDDEN)
Post Code/Zip Code:
Phone Number #:
Post Code/Zip Code:
Driver’s License #:
"YOUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION:
Name on Card (please print clearly):
Credit Card Type:
American Express Discover
Mailing Address Where Credit Card Statement Is Received(URL HIDDEN)Credit Card Number:
THIS GUEST AGREEMENT IS A LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT.
Read and understood by Guest(s):
Signature Guest #1 ______________________________________________ Date: _____________
Signature Guest #2 ______________________________________________ Date: _____________"
Our names are John and Scott. We are the owners and stewards of a much-loved, restored 1830 antique country home property on a beautiful 78 acre farm in Ashburnham, MA - "The Town of Many Lakes" - in the hills about a highway hour northwest of Boston/Cambridge. The place was magical enough to take us from our Manhattan life in 1990 (Scott was a deejay on WNNNBC with Don Imus and Howard Stern in the 70s and 80s.)
We've spent the last 25 years restoring Elijah Haven Homeplace and the surrounding lawns, gardens and fields – bringing a little of our Bali and Thailand travels to the property, along with a sensitivity to nature and appreciation of people. We now enjoy sharing our farmstead with travelers from around the world, as well as Cushing Academy families and executives/doctors in transition. We are approaching our 7th anniversary of inviting guests to use our home when we're not in residence – and absolutely love doing it.
Our Haven is the perfect place to unplug, decompress, quiet down and appreciate the simpler things in life. There is a vibe here that people consistently remark upon — it's healing and it's good for the soul.
We're new to Airbnb, so if you'd like to see comments and reviews about the property, please "Elijah Haven Homeplace". There are lots of wonderful things to read!