“Sun sto Spiti” is a '60s house with a yard, recently renovated as to maintain the style and architecture of that time, by the architect & product designer, Mariza Tsiligkiridi. It consists of 2 apartments (elevated ground floor and 1st floor) of different design styles and a studio (ground floor). It can host a total of up to 10 individuals in 4 different rooms. It is located at Filopappou area (a historical district near the Acropolis) in one of the quietest neighbourhoods at downtown Athens.
Vintage triple bedroom has a shared bathroom with a double bedroom, is at the 1st floor of "Sun sto Spiti" and its name is "Phileas"; a room inspired by the idea of travelling around the world.
Some info about the apartment: Design apartment (58 square meters/ 3,22 meters height) with separate entrance from the yard and which includes a hall, a living room, a fully equipped kitchen with a 6-seater table, a bathroom, 2 bedrooms and a veranda with a 4-seater table. One bedroom ("Phileas") has a single bed of 90x200 cm and a double bed of 160x200 cm. The other bedroom ("Calliope") has a double bed of 140x200 cm. The apartment can be rented per room or as an entire apartment. The decoration is a combination of shabby chic and vintage design with oldie furniture and decorative elements, along with patina wall paintings.
In the elevated ground floor and the 1st floor, you will find: air condition units and radiators; hot water; fully equipped kitchens with toaster, kettle, moka coffee pot, coffee maker, refrigerator, electric hobs, stove, pots and pans, dishes, glasses and cutlery, as well as fresh herbs from the garden, spices and Greek extra virgin olive oil; amenities including hair dryer, iron and ironing board, fresh linen and towels, shampoo and shower gel; radio, USB player and Wi-Fi connection.
All the windows have slatted French shutters and non-blackout curtains.
For more information about "Sun sto Spiti", please contact us.
Guests can have access to the common fully equiped kitchen, the bathroom, the living room and a part of the balcony. The rest of the balcony is private only for this room. Also they can have access to the common yard equipped with solar lightning and seating with tables for 10. The plants include a variety of Mediterranean herbs and aromatic plants, suitable for cooking.
Interakcija s gostima
We love meeting travelers from other countries as we can exchange experiences. We like treating others the way we would like to be treated when traveling: with discreetness, hospitality, ideas for the most beautiful places of the area as well as for new destinations; all accompanied by bright smiles and positive energy!
The house is a corner, 3-facet building with southern orientation which makes it exceptionally bright, thus sunny and airy;-)
Its great brightness, thanks to its orientation, along with the familiar sensation that this house conveys once you walk in, inspired us to name it “Sun sto Spiti” which has a double meaning: 1/ “Sun at home” (literally) and 2/ “Feel like home” (metaphorically) as in our place you will feel like home!
We are happy to offer you flexible check in, from 10:00 to 21:00 according to your needs. This depends on availability of the property (if there is a guest before or after you), due to the time necessary for cleaning the apartments. Otherwise, check in is at 15:00 and check out at 11:00. For check in from 21:00 to 10:00 an extra charge of €15 applies.
- We just ask you to treat our home as you would treat your own, with respect to the property and our neighbours (please respect quiet times).
- Please note that you are not allowed to rent or sublet the apartments, or to invite random people to the property.
- Smoking is allowed only outdoors.
- Never leave keys on the door whether you are in the house or you check out.
- You are welcome to use everything you may need in the house as long as you take good care of it.
- Always use the toilet bin to avoid clogging.
- We also ask you not to engage in dangerous activities/ behaviours, for example heavy drinking, illegal substance abuse or violence.
- In any case, you should report any damage or problems to us as soon as possible so that we can be of assistance to you.
- We are happy to offer you flexible check in, from 10:00 to 21:00 according to your needs. This depends on availability of the property (if there is a guest before or after you), due to the time necessary for cleaning the apartments. Otherwise, check in is at 15:00 and check out at 11:00. For check in from 21:00 to 10:00 an extra charge of €20 applies.
- You are kindly asked to provide a photocopy (or a photo via email) of your passport (or your ID for the EU travellers) and the town of your residence before or upon arrival. In case you stay more than 10 days you are kindly asked to provide a photo of the passport (or your ID for the EU travellers) of each person that will stay in "Sun sto Spiti".
- Please do not leave any valuables in the house. We do not take responsibility for loss.
- Babies and children are welcome to "Sun sto Spiti", but unfortunately the apartments do not meet all the requirements for babies and children, especially under 5 years old. However, if you decide so, please let us know, so that we could help, giving you all the information needed about the house and providing you with all the bulky but necessary kids and baby equipment.
- ACCESS TO BUILDING ROOF IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. These restrictions are in the interest of safety due to the risk of injury or death should a fall occur.
Hello, hope you are feeling great!
We are a couple passionate about traveling. We like meeting different cultures, music styles, flavours, places and mostly the everyday life of every people by getting to know the locals. That’s how we decided to join this platform by creating “Sun sto Spiti” through a lot of personal work, interest in detail and love in order to offer our guests the secret tips and the energy we like to experience when we are traveling!
She: Architect, product designer & manufacturer. Loves the sun, traveling, listening to ethnic/folk/jazz/blues/soul music, playing African percussion and wandering around the center of Athens searching for inspiration.
He: Manager of music projects. Hates the sun ;) but also loves traveling, listening to ethnic/folk music, playing African percussion, searching for hours for tools and manufacturing products.
Sun sto Spiti: Our home is a 1960s house with a yard, which we renovated recently by maintaining the style and architecture of that time. Thanks to its orientation, it is exceptionally sunny and this was our inspiration for its name, “Sun sto Spiti”, which has a double meaning: 1/ “Sun at home” (literally) and 2/ “Feel like home” (metaphorically) as in our place you will feel like home!