Heritage limestone & brick home, built in 1898, on the fringe of the CBD and close to everything!
- Within Free Transit Zone to/from the CBD (via Claisebrook Train Station and nearby bus stops on Lord St)
- Less than 1km walk/run/ride (on shared path) to the Swan River
- Walking distance to Northbridge & Beaufort St
- A stone's throw from NIB Stadium (home ground of Perth Glory and the Western Force)
- Eclectic, homely decor - our beautiful home is well loved and suited to young children/pets
Our home is in a fantastic neighbourhood with lots of lovely neighbours - the perfect base from which to explore the city!
You'll love relaxing in our sunny backyard, curling up with a book in our cozy lounge room, or enjoying a morning coffee on the front porch watching the world go by and the swaying branches of the majestic eucalyptus tree across the road.
You can cook up a storm in our well-equipped kitchen, or order takeaway from any number of nearby restaurants, including Thai and Indonesian just around the corner, or free delivery from Crust Pizza.
You can walk to the river and Claisebrook Cove (Toast cafe is great!), the city, Northbridge, Beaufort St cafe strip, the beautiful Hyde Park, or simply explore the quiet streets and laneways in the neighbourhood.
If you have kids, there is a trampoline out the back, and books and toys they can enjoy. There are lots of great parks nearby, and the State Library, Art Gallery of WA and City of Perth library are great places to hang out and explore.
In our home you can enjoy:
- Funky, eclectic decor. (If you're looking for spotless paintwork and cosmetic perfection, this is not the place - our 120 year old family home has plenty of 'love marks', but it all adds character!)
- Fresh, renovated kitchen with stone bench top, tonnes of natural light, and top-level appliances including Thermomix and Highland gas stove & electric 75cm oven.
- Renovated bathroom with shower/bath, toilet, washing machine, laundry trough & storage, plus a separate toilet with wash basin.
- Carpeted bedrooms and lounge; oiled jarrah floorboards in the kitchen and dining, adjoining back deck and small yard.
- Gas fire place in the central lounge room; fire pit in the backyard!
- King bed: high quality wool futon mattress on a solid Australian-made timber frame.
- Queen bed: high quality cotton and foam futon on solid timber base.
- WiFi; TV & DVD player
- Portacot and highchair available if needed
- An upright piano for the musically inclined!
- Tea, coffee (Aeropress and coffee bags) and some breakfast items supplied (let us know if you have particular requests!)
You'll have access to the entire house, except for the 4th bedroom/study where most of our belongings will be stored. Wardrobes will be empty for your use, and any food in the pantry is free for the taking :) If you have a car, there is a permit available to park it on the street.
Interakcija s gostima
As we only rent out our home while travelling, we will not be able to greet you personally, but my (Deb's) mum will be around to meet you with the keys and answer any questions. We also have a friend just round the corner who is an Airbnb host and can help you with information about the area.
Live in Perth with my husband and two kids. Love running, knitting and good conversation. Passionate about community and healthy built & natural environments. Trying to live simply and mindfully.