Welcome to The Cottage on East Lake! Our waterfront cottage is modern yet cozy, it's the perfect spot for your County getaway. Located just down the street from the Sandbanks entrance, you're minutes away from their 3 famous white sand beaches. You may also choose to stay in and enjoy East Lake from our private dock.
Please treat our cottage like it is your own, and please keep it mind that it is a cottage. Here are a few things we would like you to acknowledge before booking with us.
- The water - the water source for the cottage is East Lake. It is filtered and safe to drink however please be mindful of your consumption. Do not touch the pump in the shed.
- The toilet - please do not flush anything that shouldn't be flushed down the toilet, including feminine hygiene products. No paper towel, no qtips.
- BBQ - you're welcome to use the BBQ. Be sure to turn it off and close the valve on the propane when done. Also, please let us know if the propane runs out so we can replace it for the next guest.
- Water Safety - as you know we are waterfront property. You are responsible for yourself and your party when it concerns water safety. If you choose to use the canoe you must abide by Canadian Coast Guard regulations. We provide 4 life jackets in various sizes. However, if the life jacket is not your size you are responsible for providing your own.
- Fire - we do have a hearth for fires. You must provide your own wood. Be safe and use precautions.
- Provincial Park Pass - we offer you our annual park pass if you wish to take your car to the Sandbanks. There is only one pass and if it is lost we will charge to replace it.
- Please treat our cottage respect and our neighbours with courtesy. We do have a cleaning service come in after your stay, but please put items that you used away and clean your dishes.
We are Kristin & Jay, a couple from Toronto who loves to travel. We've used Airbnb all over the world and we are so excited to now share our Prince Edward County cottage as hosts.