We completely remodelled our apartment a few years ago, incorporating the stairwell and attic and adding a dormer. The result is a large (170 sq. meters), open, light, split-level 3 bedroom apartment with a roof terrace, perfect for morning cappuccino and a glass of wine in the evening. The Rivierenbuurt ('River Neighborhood' - the streets are names of Dutch rivers) is extremely popular due to the comfort and convenience.
We've lived in this apartment since 1987, completely remodelling it in 2006. At that time, we incorporated the stairwell and attic, adding a dormer, resulting in a large (170sq. meters), open, light split level apartment with a large roof terrace, perfect for morning cappuccino and a glass of wine
in the evening.
We put in a new gas fireplace, wood floors and wall to wall carpeting and stained glass accents. We spoiled ourselves with modern amenities like central heating, a walk-in shower and bidet (2 full bathrooms in Holland is considered on the verge of decadent), recessed lighting, etc., while preserving the 1930's architectural features like sliding doors.
The balcony off the kitchen and downstairs bedroom overlook a peaceful courtyard, and the neighbourhood is great – neighbours know and keep an eye out for each other (we've helped organise the yearly street party the past few years.)
The house has a large (30 sq. meters) roof deck with a table and chairs and a balcony overlooking the large, tree filled courtyard. The large flat screen TV in the living room has cable access, including American and British channels!
Telephone: While staying in our home, you are welcome to use the telephone, free of charge, to call any land line or mobile number within the Netherlands. This can be particularly handy for scheduling meetings, making reservations, etc. The phone does not work, though, for calls over the border. The phone can be found inside the cabinet to the left of the refrigerator - please return it there after use so it can recharge.
The entire apartment will be yours!
Interakcija s gostima
You will have the house to yourself. If I'm not able to welcome you myself I will make sure someone will be there to welcome you, show you around and answer all your questions.
General house rules apply to the apartment:
- No loud music, noise or other nuisance in the apartment
- No smoking in the apartment or in the common entrance
- No drugs
- No house parties, no persons permitted in the house except for the people who have booked (after midnight)
- For the loss of keys, we charge 20% of the security deposit
- CLEANING: We will take care of cleaning so no need to vacuum or mop the floor but please make sure that the dishes are done and the garbage has been put out on the street on the last pick up day (see information book in house) or dumped in a trash container outside)
-If you need to check in to the apartment between 21:00 (9PM) and midnight, this is possible, but there is an additional fee of €25, after midnight that will be €50. Thank you for understanding.
GENERAL HOUSE RULES
Thanks for booking our property! We are sure that you will have a great time here. Below you’ll find some general house rules and instructions. Enjoy your stay!
- If you wish to check-in to the apartment between 21:00 and 08:00, this is possible, but due to the late hour we charge an extra fee of 25 euro’s between 21:00 & 00:00 or 50 euro’s between 00:00 & 08:00. Please pay the extra fee (cash only) to your host when you arrive. Since it goes straight to the Host for the late hour (not to me). Hopefully you can make it before the late fee deadline, but this way, we can accommodate you even if you don't. Thank you for your understanding.
- Loud music, noise or other nuisance
- Smoking anywhere inside the building
- House parties
- Other guests (except for the persons who have booked)
- Please be careful with the keys. If you lose a set, we may have to charge you the costs for replacing the locks.
- Never leave the key inside the lock on the inside of the door when you leave the house. If that happens, the door can’t be opened from the outside and we have to call a locksmith.
- If you lock yourself out, any potential costs for the locksmith will be charged to you.
- Please take the garbage out only on trash pickup days or dump it in a container outside. More information about when to take out the garbage can by found in the information book in the house.
- The latests possible checkout option is at 11:00.
- No need to vacuum or mop. We’ll take care of it!
- It would be appreciated if you could do the dishes before you leave.
Have fun and enjoy Amsterdam!