This cozy, quiet and clean heritage home (built in the 1880's) has nurturing front and back gardens (for veges and ornamentals), a pumpin' compost system, as well as front and back outdoors areas. The kitchen is sweet, fully equipped, filtered water, the bathroom is super clean and we have a water efficient washing machine too. The house is on 100% Green Power.
Three beautiful, large, fully furnished rooms are available for single people, couples or families, for both short or long term lease.
With this fully furnished home, you get access to your own lovely spot on the front, back and upstairs (180degree ocean views) verandahs to sun yourself, work, or chat with friends in these cooler months (hammock available if wanted) ... which you open onto through the home's beautiful Cedar French Doors.
The home also has its own warming fire place and fire wood is provided.
The house is 5 minutes from the Coffee Strip, has easy access to local beaches, public transport and conveniences (Galati Italian grocery store is 30seconds away, TLC Café - one of the best coffee houses in Freo is right there too.
There is street and verge permit parking. I also loving tend to the garden, providing herbs (seasonally available) for cooking - I made the rich soils in the garden beds from coffee grounds from the local café, with kitchen and garden waste.
We also have two gorgeous Kitties (Sasha and Jaspar) to play with.
Interakcija s gostima
I can either stay out back to take care of cleaning and the gardens and kitties or pop in daily to tend to them. Let me know your preference when enquiring.
- WIFI is included
- Spare key is stashed outside in case you lock yourself out
- Smoking outside only please!
- Please leave the home clean to save on an additional cleaning fee
- The stairs to the upstairs are steep so young children need to be monitored.
- Organic waste, recycling and landfill trash need to be separated into their respective bins. I will show you this when you arrive.
- Turn all unneeded lights out as the home is on 100% Green Power for ethical reasons.
- Quiet hours are from 10.30pm til 6.30am as the neighbourhood is quiet.
- if I am in town while you are staying, I will come around to check on my two cats and the garden at a frequency agreeable to you.
- let me know if it want the house to yourselves as if so I will need you to take care of my cats and keep an eye on the garden ... otherwise I can take care of the cats and garden by staying out back and you have full run of the house. See the other details listed with house rules and amenities.
I come from a long line of hosters - my parents and grandparents had guests for years so hosting you is in my blood! On a professional note ... I am dedicated to helping men care about themselves, each other, their families, their communities and the Earth. In February 2013, I completed my Ph.D. titled: A Declaration of Caring: Towards an ecological masculinism through Murdoch University in Perth, where I explored ecological wisdoms to reawaken men’s capacities to care. I also founded MenAlive (Australia); a consultancy offering personal and community change to build stronger and more connected men, safer and warmer relationships between women and men, and in doing so to help build a more sustainable world for us all. I'm looking forward to having you come stay.