Want to experience Amsterdam like the cool locals do? This is your chance to live in a typical home in the most sought after area and discover what A'dam is really all about!
- Central, in the heart of buzzing De Pijp (pls see neighborhood section for info)
- Privacy & Comfort, has all you need (more info available in details)
- Ideal for a solo traveler, a couple or a group of 3.
- As your host, I am happy to give you insider tips so you can have an amazing and authentic stay!
- Close to everything behind the Albert Cuyp markt, the biggest street market of Amsterdam
- On the 1st floor, so easy with your bags - In case you heard, no crazy steep Dutch stairs that become a life threat over here :)
- The apartment is well equipped with trendy furnishing, appliances, utensils and plants to create a healthy living space of comfort and function.
- TV, XBox, games, movies, books (and even a record player if you are vinyl junkie like me) for your enjoyment
- Tempurpedic bed (single) in the bedroom, sleeps like paradise.
- Comfortable double bed (the couch in the living area extends, made sure it is good quality).
- I choose for Anti Allergen, Environmental & Non Toxic products, fabrics and cleaning supplies as much as possible.
- There are 2 humidifiers / ionizers for healthy indoor air (no bad dry air or pathogens for us! :) ), one of which is also suitable for use of aromatheraphy oils. They are great for a good night's sleep and aid in breathing when you have a cold!
- Satin-cotton or cotton bedsheets and towels
- Choose your own pillow from goose feather, ergonomic or half-full (German style)
- Black-out curtains in the living/sleeping area (don't forget to bring your earplugs if you are noise sensitive and like to sleep in)
- I love to cook so you get a fully equipped kitchen including kettle, coffee maker, dish washer, washing machine, stove, microwave/grill/ oven, cooking utensils.
- I will have complementary tea, coffee, seasonings, dressings etc. ready for you. If there is something you especially need in the kitchen, or you want to bake, please check if I have what you need and I am happy to provide.
- Toiletries (showergel, shampoo etc.), iron &board, hairdryer provided.
+ You might even have a little surprise waiting for you ;) +
- I have a little jungle, so you will be living with lots of air purifying friends :) they will be forever grateful if you help them when they are thirsty and they love collected rainwater!
You will have a private entrance and exclusive access to Bedroom, living area, bathroom and kitchen for full privacy (you will NOT be sharing these spaces with anyone else)
Interakcija s gostima
I respect your privacy, and am at your disposal if you have any questions or requests. Happy to socialize together and make new friends!
Attention please: The apartment is located on a street behind the Albert Cuyp market, and some of the stores on the market have their rear exits on the street my home is on.
Therefore what makes the location great can sometimes also make it noisier than usual in the morning for about an hour when a few vendors are driving little carts to set out their stalls. Your bedroom with the door closed should be silent enough, but please do bring your earplugs if you are noise sensitive (or if you like to sleep in).
Some guests without earplugs who have slept on the sofa bed in the living area have given the accommodation lower accuracy ratings because of this, so please take note. :)
Other than that the street itself is usually calm compared to the Albert Cuypstraat and the surrounding area, I usually get my peace, and a good night's sleep every night. I hope you will too!
If you are curious about me, please see my profile :)
I'm here to help you with any questions you may have so your trip is unforgettable, and look forward to welcoming you to our beautiful city!
As Amsterdammers living in a populated community, we live respectfully to our neighbors and the environment, and expect you to do the same by respecting the rules below:
We stay committed to silent hours, turn off the heat and the lights when away, try to minimize my use of toxic cleaning products (we do our best to use eco-friendly choices) and dry towels to reuse.
Our fabulous neighborhood is old, just like its old housing, and its street market overflows with food. This is attractive to people like you and me, as well as pests. In order to keep our home pest-free, we take precautions:
1. We keep our apartment tidy and clean.
2. We don't litter our house - all litter ends up in the bin.
3. We make sure the bin is closed.
4. We take out our trash regularly*.
5. We don't let food laying around in the house, especially in the kitchen, we store it in the cupboards / fridge (containers are provided for use).
6. We put our dirty dishes in the dishwasher, which we keep closed.
7. When we open windows / doors, we keep an eye out that no unwanted guests come in. We make sure to close it properly.
8. We keep the toilet lid closed.
*Garbage is collected 2 times / week: Monday and Thursday mornings. Garbage bags are put out on the curb starting Sunday / Wednesday afternoons.
Note: Amsterdam promotes sustainable living. While you are not obliged to recycle, we will love you even more for it! If you want to join in:
1. We take our own bag to shopping (I provide one in the kitchen for your kind use. If needed, a plastic bag costs about 0.50 cents in stores).
2. We sort out our waste (paper, glass, plastic) and take it to recycling, which is located on the Ceintuurbaan side of the Sarphatipark.
3. Glass beer / plastic soft drink bottles can be taken to the machines in the supermarkets to get the deposit you paid refunded (there is an extra charge for glass / plastic bottles included in the purchase price).
Ovaj domaćin ima 1 recenziju za druge smještaje.Prikaži druge recenzije
Hi fellow traveler :)
I am a scientist turned entrepreneur who loves living in the coolest hood of Amsterdam as much as I love traveling the globe, meeting new people and learning about cultures.
When I travel I prefer to have authentic experiences instead of being a mainstream tourist.
If you are one of us who wants to live the real deal instead of following the flocks of tourists, then you have found your host!
In my free time I enjoy exploring the hidden history, architecture, world cuisine, art & design and nightlife of this great city.
My hobbies are good food in good company, thinking, sustainability, photography, vinyl, learning, activism and brewing beer.
My guests would describe me as friendly, hospitable, helpful, flexible and fun. I have probably thought of everything you might need!
As an insider I will give you tips on whatever you fancy - from where to eat the tastiest burger, to what you shouldn't miss in town... And more.
I look forward to welcoming you to Amsterdam!