Lukona by the Sea, a historic home built in 1917, is one of the most unique homes in Qualicum Bay.
We offer two bedrooms with ocean/garden views and comfy beds with 600 thread cotton sheets. Your living spaces include a private w/r, Mexican-style kitchen, West Coast hunting lodge-style living room with fireplace and an oceanfront dining room with piano.
Nearby, are fine restaurants, happy bars with live music most nights and a bustling community full of events, farmers and creative people.
1) Anything you bring up from the beach either goes back to the beach or home with you!
2) Children will be supervised at all times. We live on a highway and we have a bridge leading to the ocean.
3) Quiet time after 10pm unless alternative arrangements have been made.
4) Smoking can occur in designated outdoor spaces only and always use an ashtray.
5) Events or parties will be pre-arranged. We can assist with services such as catering, music and party rentals.
6) No glass on the beach. We provide non-breakable 'glass' ware in all shapes and sizes.
7) Check out is 11:00 am. Late check outs (noon) can be accommodated by special request only. Beyond noon, we must charge for another day. If guests are catching a later ferry, we will happily suggest places to visit in neighbouring communities.
8) In keeping with the heritage feel of our home, many of the furniture pieces are family heirlooms. We ask guests to treat them very carefully. This includes not moving or disassembling them and using a coaster/mat at all times.
9) No candles will be permitted anywhere on the property except the beach.
10) Beach towels only will be used outside. Guest towels are for indoor use only.
11) We want to keep our rates low so everyone can afford to enjoy Lukona by the Sea. Please help us conserve. Turn off lights when not in use, do not leave doors/windows open when the heat/fireplace is on and do not leave water running unnecessarily.
12) Our recycling program is set up for easy use by guests. We will explain it upon arrival.
13) We are on a septic system so nothing other than toilet paper can be flushed when using the washroom.
14) Guests will be provided with their own code and instructions for the door lock upon arrival. We insist that guests lock the door whenever they go out or to the beach.
15) We reserve the right to enter the guests' area daily to replenish supplies, spot clean and check on the suite. We will communicate with our guests to do so at a time convenient for them.