Come and stay at Better In Belize Eco Lodge and experience a magical adventure at our Rainforest EcoVillage at BetterinBelize ! Bedroom #1 can accomodate up to 3 persons, room has a bunkbed. Meal plan is $39 U.S. per guest, per day which includes three meals and non-alcoholic beverages. Also guest is responsible for 9% Hotel Tax.
This warm and welcoming 2-storey vacation rental in Belize is located on a large 1.01-acre property on Toucan Trail, close to the entrance of our Belize eco-community.
Bedroom #1 comes equipped with a bunk bed and private wash basin. It can accomodate up to 3 persons. The room has a built in closet with safe and bathroom is located outside with hot and cold water.
Our Belize jungle eco-lodge is located in Better in Belize EcoVillage, 10 ½ miles southeast of the village of Benque Viejo del Carmen in the Cayo District in Western Belize.
The Toucan House is named for the toucans that roost in the rainforest canopy above our Belize rainforest lodge. We deliver “off-the-charts-charm factor”!
Nestled in the foothills of the Maya Mountains, this Belize vacation rental offers a “super natural” environment including the opportunity to:
-vacation in an “off-grid” Belize jungle home!
-participate in watersports on vibrant Vaca Lake!
-enjoy water access to 3 magical Belize waterfalls!
-hike epic trails and wildlife corridors!
-savor incredible bird watching opportunities!
-view and experience the wildlife in our 130-acre Belize rainforest community including anteaters, armadillos, Blue Morpho butterflies, howler monkeys, kinkajous, tapirs, wild parrots and more!
-visit our Belize permaculture gardens and food forests!
-kick back, relax and breathe in our fresh rainforest air!
Come stay in a really cool off-grid home in a land of adventure and magic – The Toucan House at Better in Belize EcoVillage!
This Belize vacation rental offers a 5-bedroom, 2-bathroom eco-lodge that can accommodate up to 11 guests.
Our Belize rainforest retreat in Better in Belize EcoVillage is entirely off-grid – with solar and rainwater catchment. Our wonderful caretaker and his family will be your hosts when you visit.
This Belize vacation rental offers guests a choice when renting. When you send in your rental inquiry, please specify how many bedrooms you want to rent.
Guests are welcome to use all communal spaces in the house, except the rest of the bedrooms. You will have access to downstairs and upstairs porch, bathrooms, gardens, fire pit and kitchen.
Interakcija s gostima
If you have opted for meal plans, our property managers will be on-site during your stay for anything you might need. If you are renting the entire home, they will be checking on you daily to ensure everything is going well with your stay.
There is a meal plan that comes with this Belize vacation rental at US$39/person/day which includes three meals with non-alcoholic beverages. Meals are enjoyed outdoors under the palapa-covered dining deck.
(PLEASE NOTE: We are not able to accommodate people with severe or life threatening food allergies or intolerances, e.g. peanut allergies, shellfish and gluten allergies).
Guests are responsible to pay a 9% hotel tax.
As part of our eco-conservation measures, we will provide one towel a day per person. You can hang and re-use your towels or request a clean one the next day.
Towels are for indoor use only. Do not use or take outdoors. Thank you for your consideration and co-operation.
Our House Rules - The Toucan House
• Upon check-in, we will give you an orientation tour of The Toucan House.
• We will explain how to use the 24-volt lights.
• Our water source is the rain so please minimize your water usage.
• The inside toilet is an RV-type toilet like you would have on a bus. It is a very low-flush toilet with a foot-flush mechanism. To run a little water in it for cleaning, hook on the lever with your toe and pull up. To flush it, push down and let it snap up.
• Do not use "heavy use" appliances such as blow dryers or coffee makers.
• The outside toilet is a normal toilet.
• There is an outdoor shower. Conserve water please!
• When washing dishes, please conserve water.
• When brushing teeth, do not leave tap running.
• Please ensure that shampoo and soaps being used are bio-degradable.
• Turn off lights when leaving the room. Use natural light when possible.
• Please do not flush toilet paper, female sanitary napkins, tampons, wipes, or diapers down the toilet. There are waste baskets provided for disposal of ALL paper refuse.
• Do not run fans constantly through the night or you will have no power.
• Absolutely NO SMOKING allowed inside the premises. Immediate eviction will result. We are a non-smoking facility.
• Absolutely NO CANDLES allowed.
• If you have a bonfire, ensure you have a bucket of water handy at all times and do not leave the fire unattended and ensure the fire is completely extinguished before you go to bed.
• Turn off fans when you exit the premises.
• Guest/s will be held responsible for any loss or damages to the property caused by themselves, their guests, or any person for whom they are responsible.
• NOTE: Washer and dryer are not for guest use. Management use only.
In Case of Emergencies:
Please take note of the location of fire extinguishers. Upon check-in, please ensure that you are provided with the Wi-Fi password so you are able to connect with someone from the office in case the property manager is not available. You are welcome to connect with us via (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) or (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) prior to your trip to ensure you have all of our contact information as cell reception is only available at certain points in the community.
In case of an emergency please contact the property manager immediately. Please bear in mind that there is cell phone service only on Eagles Landing on the ridge top on Lot #25. Roberto Melen(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) (Belize), Christy Melen(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) (Belize) and Jungle Splash Eco Tours Office (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) (Belize Land Line), you can also reach them by (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) (Robert Melendez). If you are unable to contact anyone at the Eco Lodge please connect with Candee via her (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) address candee.tremblay and/or via (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) with phone numb(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) (Canada). You can also connect with Veronica via (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) veronica_cal or via (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) with phone numb(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) (Belize).
As a Canadian who has endured harsh winters, I fell in love with this magnificant, tropical rainforest as I love the tranquility, beautiful green trees, clean air and wonderful wildlife. Being serenaded by the Howler Monkeys as I hiked through the rainforest, I felt that this area could offer a fresh breath of air in an eco-oriented environment, surrounded by incredible mountains, waterfalls and trees, far from the hustle-bustle of the rat race in big, congested, polluted cities. My interests are photography, gardenng, nature, healthy lifestyle and wildlife. I love that we can offer to guests this absolute " piece of paradise " for a magical vacation, to de-stress, rejuvenate and restore themselves. Experience an extraordinary adventure, one you will never forget !