Stunning and totally secluded rainforest retreat in Cockatoo, at the heart of the Dandenong Ranges, where mountain charm marries with contemporary modern features to deliver a gorgeous luxury timber and hay bale property.
Set on 2 acres of natural rainforest, Posada de las Rosellas is suitable for adult groups, families, artists seeking retreat in the bush and couples seeking a romantic escape.
Just one hour's drive from the Melbourne CBD, this fully furnished spacious cabin oozes style and charm. Featuring 3 luxury queen sized bedrooms, ducted heating and fireplace, the property comes with all the modern amenities you would expect to enjoy while on holidays including: luxury bath, fully equipped kitchen with coffee machine & dishwasher, ipod dock, TV, washer/dryer, outdoor fire pit, terrace BBQ and outdoor setting, free Wi-Fi and more.
Lots of thoughtful extras included such as board games, books, a portacot, pantry basics, coffee pods, milk, fluffy towels, wood for the fire, etc.
The property features a gorgeous wraparound terrace with a truly breathtaking view of rainforest trees and ferns.
Enjoy every morning for breakfast the free range eggs from the chicken coop.
The property is located at the end of the road with no thoroughfare traffic and absolute privacy. It is frequented by many beautiful local birds including the rosellas, which can be fed each afternoon on the terrace, and is bordered by a pristine creek.
The full 2 acres of the property are for the guests enjoyment.
Minimum three nights stay on long weekends.
Minimum four nights stay on Easter.
1. The number of guests staying at the property must not exceed the number agreed to in the booking details. In the event that any additional persons stay at the property, an additional fee may be charged according to our usual rates and/or we reserve the right to terminate the booking without refund.
2. We are happy for you to bring your whole family including small pets but please kindly let us know at the time of booking if you plan to do so.
3. Please ensure supervision of children at all times. We have enjoyed children of all ages staying at our property however the house has not been specifically child proofed and you are encouraged to exercise caution particularly around the fire pit, fireplace and terrace areas.
4. We understand accidents may happen. Kindly note any additional cleaning costs, damages or loss of items with us and we can deduct charges via the Airbnb resolutions centre.
5. You are responsible for leaving the property in the state in which you found it on arrival.
Happily married couple co-located between Melbourne’s CBD and our gorgeous mountain retreat here in Cockatoo.
With a background in customer service and hospitality we have a discerning eye for the little details and greatly enjoy looking after others.
We love to travel and do so frequently. We enjoy the finer pleasures of life including great food and wine and socialising with (or cooking for!) friends.
Jason is originally from Sydney and Manuel from Grenada, Spain. Both of us now call Melbourne home and we are very excited to share our property with you. If there is anything at all we can do to make your stay more comfortable please let us know.