Enjoy a simple homely minimalist living in a duplex apartment tucked just 5km away from CBD. Escape a little from the busy crowded tourist district and discover the true unglamarous life of locals. Affordable stay with flexible hassle-free self check-in stay. Great for couple/ weekenders / casual solo/paired on a budget travelers with guts!
Please read the full listing detail first. Thank you.
Our space is a corner unit at the top floor i.e. the 3rd floor of a walk-up duplex apartment, which has been tastefully renovated with a contemporary minimalist style.
This is an oldish apartment without lift - it's only 49 steps up. Ya. Nothing fancy really but its very much a realistic local scene. The serenity is what makes it lovely. This is not an exclusive hotel but it's a place called home.
We will also stay at the premise to support guests regarding the stay only. We do not intrude our guests' privacy.
We have 2 guest rooms, this is one of it.
Rooms are at the upper floor ensures guests' to feel comfortable. Walking in and out to the adjacent shared bathroom will also be in private mode.
The room is equipped with Air Conditioning and accommodates 2 (if you don't mind the space offered - it ain't gloriously spacious but humble.) The bed is an IKEA convertible bed with 2 drawer storage (can be as a single bed which is space saving and can be pulled-out for extra sleeping). We will set the pull-out bed for 2 by default.
♡ QUIET HOUR POLICY ♡
Please do bear in mind that there might be other guest(s) too, so please respect and observe our in-house quiet hour policy which we will strictly enforce at 11:30pm - 7:30am so that others can enjoy a restful good night sleep, by lowering noise, no loud talk and laugh in room / hallway / staircase / living room (go to common front balcony with door shut if you wish to), keep TV volume to the minimum, use earphone on your audio device, never slam room door (twist the door knob to close door instead). **Exception: At the time being, the bathroom doors can be heard when opened and closed, so we wish guests to understand and forgiving for this matter which we will remedy in future.
View is somewhat spellbinding too at night. Get a view of KL Tower and one of the KLCC Twin Tower from the common front balcony where guests can smoke or enjoy a drink with accompanied with the breezy air.
This stay is really for those who prefer a genuine normal real life local culture surrounding, tranquil place but still within the city reach. It's ideal for those who just wishes a place to rest / calm down / crash for the night / privacy and not ideal for those looking for social hang-outs or a luxurious stay. Ya.
Important note: If you have big heavy suitcase/s, please take note that you need to carry it up the stairs yourself. So, if this is an issue, we would rather you not book than complain / for not reading carefully our listing.
- There are 2 shared bathroom one at each floor. The top floor dry bathroom is specially for guests. Host prefers the lower floor wet bathroom. Since we do not accept a lot of guest, you might in fact have the bathroom to yourself.
- In case of full occupancy, guests can also use the lower floor bathroom, if the upper one is occupied during the time you really need it.
- Towels are provided. Bathrobes are provided for guests with a min. stay of 4 nights.
- Body soap/hand wash soap/shampoo/toilet tissue roll provided.
- Please do not change water heater setting.
- Drinking water is available free from the glass bottle at the kitchen on the counter-top or inside the fridge - whichever temperature you like. For hot water, boil filtered water into the kettle.
- Guests are allowed to stock their own f&b / grocery inside the fridge.
- Cooking is not allowed.
- For entertainment, a flat screen 49" TV is available only at the living room. As we hardly have time to watch TV or utilise home wifi, we do not have cable channels and had only opted for a Mifi instead. Ya. Therefore, we have ready downloaded movies for your selection.
- Books are also available for guests' reading pleasure.
- We appreciate guests to not turn on the A/C at the living room but instead use the beautiful fan (hehe) for breeze, unless the host turns the A/C on. This is to help conserve energy.
Important Note: Please do not scratch any furniture / appliances - sofa/desk/fridge/kettle/toaster/microwave/TV. Please refer to 'House Manual' for instruction on how to operate some of the appliances. Thank you.
- We maybe or may not be available in person for check-in at certain time, but we give convenience for guest to self check-in anytime after 3pm, which is hassle-free and immediate sense of belonging. But do let us know your expected check-in time for the record.
- Important: Please refer photo of the lockbox so you come prepared and read the self check-in lockbox instruction carefully as we will not be available on spot to guide you or we'll just hide the key somewhere. lol
A portable wifi/mifi is available especially for guests' convenience and to enjoy free 4G-LTE internet usage with a consistent speed of at least 10mbps, 80% of the time. Well, that's what the network says (:D) and any slow connection would be beyond of our control. The maximum free data allowance is 500mb per room per day. It's good enough for smooth important data only surfing (voip restricted).
Tips: You may want to disable all auto-updates on your device/s before connecting or avoid/minimize downloading/streaming huge files/movies.
- Read full listing description
- Be respectful to others and do not disturb other residents
- Observe our quiet hour policy
- Do not switch on ALL lights at living room, one light is enough
- No outside guest / casual visitors allowed at all
- Turn off Water Heater/AC/Lights/Plugs, when not in use
- Please clean up yourself
*When you book with us, we take it as you want privacy* We like to leave our guests to themselves. Once guest(s) checks-in, other than welcoming / briefing about the home (if needed/if we're around), we will leave guest(s) alone to their privacy. We really don't mind guests doing their own thing but please have common sense, observe listing description and house rules. Just let us know what's your concern/complains either in person / phone, we will make ourselves available asap. It's normal to not meet us in person due to timing as we might be working, resting, shopping, sleeping or living our lives too. :D
We are ordinary working married couple. She's had her share as a female solo traveling on a shoestring, while he's had his share of travel ventures in the expat side. We have stayed from couches, bunk dorm beds to the most luxurious hotel - so any stay is not surprising, but we are very particular about the bathroom cleanliness. And to discover a place better, is to get lost. We are understanding by nature, frank and realistic. We speak fluent English, Malay and Vietnamese. We do travel now and then. So we basically understand what guests need & what being a guest is. We live comfortably and that's why we want to share our extra spaces by giving others spaces. We are not desperately profit oriented and "Life is short, so why not?"