Welcome to Calypso House where we invite you to visit the area and have some fun in our open, sunny beach home!
Calypso House has a bright and clean, beach vibe from the moment you enter the front door. The floor plan accommodates 6-8 people easily with large fully stocked kitchen, new appliances and dining area that seats 6.
The large, private yard with tropical plants and new heated in-ground saltwater pool are the perfect combination for you to relax, unwind, and let the kids play!
This 3 bedroom/2 1/2 bathroom with solar heated pool and huge air conditioned sunroom is ideal for entertaining inside and out. The private heated pool and patio area includes an enclosed outdoor shower perfect for clean ups after a day at the beach. Then, enjoy a refreshing swim in the salt water pool or sunning on the pool deck while you BBQ dinner on the propane grill.
The bright, cheerful family room has a 55" flat screen TV with Direct TV and WI FI is provided during your stay. There are flat screen TV's in all the bedrooms. The fully enclosed sun room has a private AC unit and a daybed/trundle that sleeps two extra people, with two twin beds, for a total of 8 .
The master bedroom has a king bed and a private bathroom with a walk-in shower. The second bedroom has a queen bed and the third bedroom accommodates two with two twin beds.
The shared guest bathroom has a separate, extra sink area to make shower time easier and faster for groups, and includes a shower/tub combo. There is also a half bathroom off the kitchen area with outdoor access to the patio/pool with large indoor laundry room with washer/dryer.
The sun room is the perfect spot to read a good book, listen to music, or play a game, with a great view of the pool. You will be able to find a spot that works for you almost anywhere in this house and it will become a favorite place for your vacation!
Calypso House is located just north of the main tourist area of Daytona, where it is close enough to drive to all the action, but out of the crowds. The beach is just a short few block walk, or pack up the car and drive right on one of the many ramps in the area. Andy Romano Park has a wide beautiful beach without cars, parking, restrooms, and splash zone for kids.
Within walking distance you will find lots of shopping, groceries, restaurants, and even a bowling alley. Check out Flagler pier or historic Saint Augustine to the north or travel south 25 minutes south to Blue Springs State Park where the manatees come to stay warm in the winter and swim around your paddle board or kayak.
Calypso House is very convenient to everything in the area. The beach, river, a water park, Daytona Beach Pier, Daytona International Speedway (15 minutes), Daytona International Airport (15 minutes), miniature golf (5 minutes), shopping (walkable distance), restaurants (walkable), turtle sanctuary, climb to the top of Ponce Inlet Lighthouse (25 minutes) and visit the Marine Science Center (25 minutes). Rent your own jet ski's, paddleboards, kayaks or fishing charter boat.
A little further south (less than an hour) you will encounter Cape Canaveral and Kennedy Space Center. Orlando airport is just over an hour away as are the theme park attractions of Universal Studios, Disney World and Sea World.
You get the whole house, yard, and heated pool for swimming year round!
Interakcija s gostima
I live nearby and can help you with anything you need.
Please note I require a Rental Agreement to be signed separately to complete your booking. It will be sent to your email for online signature.
Please be considerate to our neighbors and observe quiet times, especially outside, during the hours of 10PM-8AM. Bikers and car enthusiasts, please don't rev engines loudly!
We have a large driveway and enclosed/gated area for trailer or bike parking. The home also has a 2 car garage for parking. Please park all vehicles in the driveway. Parking on the street or grass is prohibited.
No Smoking anywhere inside the home. There are ashtrays provided at the front porch and back patio area for butts. Please dispose of your ashes properly prior to your departure.
- Separate Rental Agreement required to be signed separately via email to confirm booking (sample copy shown below)
- Bikers/Car Enthusiasts please be considerate of neighbors and don't rev your engines
SHORT TERM RENTAL AGREEMENT
This Short Term Rental Agreement (the “Agreement”) is made by and between Susan Williams (“Homeowner”) and ______________ (“Guest”) as of the date last set forth on the signature page of this Agreement. For good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged, the parties hereby agree as follows:
1. Property. Property identified as Salt Water Pool, Daytona Beach, Fl. 32118, Airbnb Confirmation #______
The property is furnished and includes refrigerator, stove, microwave oven, dishwasher, washer, dryer, linens, towels, pool towels, beach chairs, umbrellas, cookware, dishes, games, books, bikes, TV’s, DVD player, stereo equipment. Household Supplies: Homeowner will provide an initial supply of toilet paper, paper towels and garbage bags. We provide hand soap, liquid dishwashing detergent, dishwasher detergent, laundry detergent, and basic cleaning supplies. Additionally, a variety of spices and cooking ingredients may be available for Guest’s use. All other household and cooking supplies needed shall be the responsibility of the Guest.
2. Rental Party: The rental party shall consist of Guest and the following persons:
Please provide names off all individuals who will be staying overnight at the home:
Mailing Address: _______________________________
Email Address: _________________________________
Home Phone: __________________________Cell Phone:_____________________________________
Please provide any cell phone numbers you may use to contact us during your stay so that we may prioritize your calls
3. Maximum Occupancy: The maximum number of guests is limited to eight (8) persons. An additional charge of $100.00 per person per night for additional unauthorized guests will be assessed. EXCEEDING THE MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY IS GROUNDS FOR EVICTION. If there are more people staying at the property than stated on your lease and it exceeds our maximum occupancy, you risk eviction.
4. Term of the Lease. Guest agrees that rental commences no earlier than 4:00PM on check in day. No early check-ins allowed to permit ample cleaning time. Guest agrees to vacate the premises not later than 11AM on check-out date, remove all trash and place in plastic garbage bags in the proper outside receptacles and leave the home in a tidy, orderly manner. If Guest stays past their check out time a without prior written approval a $100.00 fee will be charged to accommodate housekeeping.
5. Rental Rules: Guest agrees to abide by the Rental Rules attached as Exhibit A at all times while at the property and shall cause all members of the rental party and anyone else Guest permits on the property to abide by the following rules at all times while at the property.
6. Access: Guest shall allow Homeowner access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection. Homeowner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner and make reasonable attempts to contact Guest before entering property.
7. Failure of a System, Appliances, or Amenity
In the event the Premises sustains a failure of a utility, system, amenity or appliance - including but not limited to water, sewer, electrical, mechanical, or structure systems, pool, electronic or entertainment equipment or wifi internet service, any appliance, neither the Homeowner, their employees, agents, or contractors, or property manager shall be liable to Guest in damages and no refunds will be given for such failures. However, the Landlord, upon being notified of any malfunction will make a reasonable effort to promptly repair or replace the failed system or advertised equipment. Should any repairs be necessary, the Homeowner or the designated property manager will be notified as soon as possible.
8. Reservation Terms
Check in Date: _____________Check out Date: ________________
Number of people in party: ________ adult(s), ________ child(ren)
Deductions may be made due to a.) intentional or malicious damage to the property or furnishings b.) dirt or other mess requiring excessive cleaning or c.) any other cost incurred by Homeowner due to Guest’s stay not caused by normal use or wear. If the premises appear dirty or damaged upon Check-in, Guest shall inform Homeowner immediately so that we may remedy the situation
9. Rental Rate/Payment Schedule.
The total rental cost is $____________ plus a $300.00 damage deposit
$_____________ = $ ____________ (rental fee for _____ nights) + $150.00 (cleaning fee)
10. Cancellation Policy: If Guest wishes to cancel his/her reservation:
50% if cancelled more than 7 days prior to the check in date
No refund if cancelled less than 7 days prior to the check in date
11. Insurance: We encourage all renters to purchase traveler insurance. Guest agrees that Homeowner shall not be liable for travel disruptions, Guest’s personal property or illness or injury. TRIP INSURANCE is strongly recommended for full protection of your vacation investment. If you do not purchase trip cancellation insurance, you will be self-insuring your trip
The parties agree to the terms of this Short Term Rental Agreement, as evidenced by the signatures set forth below.
1. Smoking is STRICTLY PROHIBITED anywhere inside the property. Ashtrays are provided at front and back of outside porch areas. Should clean-up of cigarette butts be necessary in the yard or driveway due to non-use of provided ashtrays, a $50.00 cleaning charge will be incurred. Please respect our home and the guests who will be arriving following your departure. If smoke is detected by our housekeeping staff, we will notify you immediately and if remediation is required, any costs will be charged to you.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest. Guests are not allowed to exceed the occupancy limit agreed to above.
3. No parties are allowed.
4. Guests should not create excessive noise at a level that disturbs neighbors. Code-enforced neighborhood quiet hours are from 10:00p.m. – 8:00a.m.
5. This unit is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
6. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order
7. Only use appliances for their intended uses
8. Pets are NOT allowed.
9. Parking: Parking is limited to 4 vehicle(s). NO parking on the grass. Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only (garage or driveway). There is extra parking behind the enclosed gate on the side of the house for trailers. Parking on the road is not permitted. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
10. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the home.
11. Garbage: Any garbage must be stowed in the proper garbage or recycling receptacle, located at the side of the house. Garbage shall be placed in plastic garbage bags prior to placing inside garbage receptacle. If receptacle requires excess cleaning due to bags not being utilized, a $50.00 cleaning fee shall be incurred. Recycling of glass, plastic, or aluminum containers is encouraged and green bins are located at the side of the home.
12. Storms: If there is a storm or hurricane, no refunds will be given unless:
The state or local authorities order mandatory evacuations in a "Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning area" and/or
A "mandatory evacuation order has been given for the Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning" area of residence of a vacationing guest.
The day that the authorities order a mandatory evacuation order in a "Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning," area, we will refund:
Any unused portion of rent from a guest currently registered; Any unused portion of rent from a guest that is scheduled to arrive, and wants to shorten the stay, to come in after the Hurricane Warning is lifted; and Any advance rents collected or deposited for a reservation that is scheduled to arrive during the "Hurricane Warning" period.
13. Pool Rules:
a. No lifeguard on duty. Swim at your own risk.
b. Children are allowed to swim or play in the pool only when adults are present. Please maintain constant supervision over children.
c. Walk slowly in the pool area. No roughhousing, dunking, pushing, or wrestling.
d. Keep the pool area clean of clutter, debris, and toys. Toys can often attract young children to the pool.
e. No swimming at night, in rainy weather, or in thunderstorms.
f. No eating, drinking, or chewing gum while in the pool.
g. No glass near the pool/water area.
h. Keep all gates to the pool area closed and locked at all times.
i. Swimsuits must be worn while in pool. Babies must wear a snug diaper and a swimsuit.
j. Please remove bobby pins and hairpins before entering the pool as these items can clog or damage the filter system.
k. Please do not throw rocks or metal objects into the pool as they can cause damage to the surface.
l. If you have young children that require a child safety fence, please ask and one will be available to you for your use.
14. Windows and Doors: Please help us maintain our home by keeping all windows and doors closed while the Air Conditioning units are operational.
15. MINIMUM AGE FOR LEASEHOLDER: We require the responsible party who signs the lease to be at least 27 years of age at the time of booking unless agreed to in writing by Homeowner. We do not accept rentals made by parents on behalf of their children under the age of 27. Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of lodging payment(s) and the party will not be permitted to check-in or evicted if already at the property.
I grew up fishing, swimming, and boating, in South Florida and can now be found doing yoga on the beach, taking a morning swim, or honing my paddleboard skills (which still require some practice). I love this area for all the beautiful beaches, which are world class in my opinion, with access to the river with manatees, dolphins, and great fishing.
My kids grew up here learning how to fish, swim, surf and value the natural balance of nature near the ocean. It makes me smile to see children so happy to play in the sand or waves with their buckets and shovels. We have been blessed to travel all over the world meeting new, interesting, people, from all walks of life, that have gone on to become travel buddies and trusted friends. I have learned that travel can open hearts and minds!
I enjoy the small town feel of the Daytona area with friendly, outgoing people from all walks of life right here at home. My guests have been race car drivers, NASCAR staff, families with family in the area, bikers, snowbirds escaping the cold, and families, bringing their children to the shore for the first time.
I saw the potential for this home so decided to make it the perfect spot for a beach vacation. Giving guests the ability to experience our area in a family home that has an authentic Florida feeling was my ultimate goal.
I hope you will enjoy the beautiful tropical landscape of Calypso House with it's large palms and pretty flowering plants, the secluded feel of the property, the ocean breezes, stained glass entryway, original hardwood floors, open floor plan, and the unique character of this home. It would be my pleasure to host your vacation!