Nestling on a wooded hillside, this quiet, cosy, comfortable 18th century 2 bedroom cottage offers a haven for people wanting to get away from it all, walkers and cyclists, bird watchers, steam train enthusiasts and all who love the famous landscape of the Nidderdale Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Visitors can also relax and enjoy the best of Yorkshire's historical sites, Pateley Bridge's award-winning village high street and excellent local cuisine. More details in the Location section.
The cottage, built in 1776, is recently refurbished and redecorated. Sitting room has comfy sofas, Sky TV, wifi and a few games. The main bedroom has double bed, drawers and hanging space and beautiful view over the hills. Small bedroom is snug and the sofa bed here can be used as an extra sitting or sleeping space. The kitchen is well equipped and has views towards the valley. The bathroom has bath with shower over, washbasin and loo, towels and products. Outside there is a patio with table and chairs, a little garden with some fruit bushes and a bike shed at the end of the garden. If your needs are slightly different, please tell us what you need and we may well be able to help.
The cottage is self-contained. Guests may share use of the tumble dryer in the barn.
Interakcija s gostima
We live next door, so we are easily available if you need us.
The cottage is up an unmade track which is a bit bumpy, There is room for 2 cars to park, abut it is fine to drive up steadily. There is room for 2 cars to park alongside our own cars.
There are bees, sheep, chickens, cats and dogs on this smallholding, so we think it preferable not to have any more animals. Our dogs Angus and Spud are sociable with people and seem to have become keen on being in photographs.
On parle français. Wir sprechen Deutsch, ein bisschen.
- Due to steep narrow staircase, the cottage is unfortunately not suitable for people with limited mobility.
- If you are bringing a baby or child, please note that you need to take extra care to avoid accidents particularly on the steep stairs and where animals are concerned. Our dogs love children, but parents must supervise any contact. Your children are your responsibility.
- For the small bedroom, please let me know whether you require the sofabed or the travel cot. There is not room for both in this room.
- Check out usually at 10.30a.m. but can be later.
- Please leave boots and shoes in the lobby.
- Please wash up before you leave.
- If you arrive after dark, it might be useful to bring a torch or head torch.
- If the cold water flow reduces significantly during your stay, please inform us straight away; it will most likely be due to a filter needing changing which is a 5 minute job. Our water supply is from a local source, not mains, as are many properties in this area.
Hi, I'm a young retiree and I love living in the country, playing music, walking, going out and travelling. I stay with Aibnb hosts when I go away, if I can. I've just become a host to offer this magic cottage next to our house as a holiday retreat for other people.