Welcome to Serenity Now! Our very private cottage with recently rebuilt interior preserving home's heritage, rests on over 150 feet of frontage on Wheeler Lake-a 300 acre fully recreational CLEAR lake in the Nicolet National Forest. Relax among the pine trees and then kayak to a forested uninhabited island. Listen to the loons and owls as you escape to a different time and place. Be sure to look for the eagles that have claimed this lake as their home too.
Our charming lakefront cottage includes 3 BRs, a great room, sizable eat-in kitchen and bathroom on the main level. Each bedroom has windows, dressers and hanger hooks. The bunk bed in the middle bedroom is a double on the bottom and twin size on top. The kitchen has all the necessities as well as some little extras - a Kitchenaid mixer, blender and coffee bean grinder- with gorgeous forest views to boot! The great room has super comfy reclining sofas and chair, a queen size sleeper sofa, small dining and game tables and a tv with a vcr/dvd player. There are a few movies (can also check out at local library or rent at grocery store), board games and puzzles. Lots to do on a rainy day. And, yes, those are real lumber jack irons in the great room!
The lower level with its full walk out door to access the lake has a sleeping area/ game room, full bathroom with shower and a Bowflex workout machine. There are two twin beds, a twin size sleeper ottoman, and an adorable "nook" area for kids to hide away from it all. Just make sure the children don't push on the nook's ceiling tiles. The lower level is accessed by an internal spiral staircase from kitchen (tight for larger adults) as well as the external lakeside door.
New deck on lake side for outdoor eating and access to lake. Private pier, bbq grill and camp fire pit.
You will also have full access to our 3 kayaks, one canoe and rowboat. There are life vests that can be used with proper adjustment.
Enjoy swimming, kayaking or canoeing around lake and its islands, fishing, taking walks, camp fires, sunsets and family game nights in great room. You can also bring your own boat for sunset cruises, tubing and fishing.
Our cottage has easy access to numerous ATV and cross country trails, but get a map and information first! No matter what season, our cottage is a beautiful, relaxing getaway. If you are here in the winter, it is a gorgeous place to cross country ski, snowmobile and even ice fish. The fall offers an amazing palette of colors in the changing leaves, and spring is a wonderful time to watch the lake ice melt and witness nature's new life.
Don't forget about all the great amenities nearby Lakewood has to offer such as a 3 story candy/ice cream store, golf course, winery, large grocery store, nearby casino, etc. Please see the neighborhood section below for more ideas.
Serenity Now is unplugged which we enjoy so you need to rely on your internet data; however, we recommend you try to stay unplugged! (The Lakewood library has wifi.)
Our place is perfect if you want to relax, be in the forest and enjoy a gorgeous lake.
The entire cottage is available except for the downstairs locked closet, the pump closet and garage. The outdoor outhouse is also available for use and is functional! We use a rental agreement in addition to AirBNB.
Interakcija s gostima
You will have my cell phone number and we have people readily available locally.
Families are welcome, small children just need to be supervised closely because of spiral staircase and proximity to the water and forest.
- This is our family cabin. Please be respectful of the cabin and neighbors.
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Feel free to use equipment including vests upon inspection by adult.
- Guests to abide by lake, camp fire and boating laws. Wheeler Lake rules must also be followed.
- Please put things back where you found them.
- Damage deposit will be forfeited if evidence of smoking (including cigarette butts) or pets.
- Loud noises after 10 p.m. or before 8 a.m. not permitted.
- Late departure can harm our next renters, cleaners and our reputation. A $50 per hour fee will apply for check out after the designated check out time. In our discretion, we may have flexibility depending on whether we have subsequent renters and calendar of cleaners.
- Please take recyclables and trash with you, however Lakewood dump is nearby (under 3 miles) and should accept both.
- No dumping fish remnant or trash in lake or on premises.
- Remember to close windows and doors when you leave the premises as Wisconsin weather is unpredictable and rain can damage the cottage interior.
- Fish cleaning to be done outside and area to be cleaned by guest at conclusion of fish cleaning. Fish remnants to be properly disposed of. Failure to clean up after cleaning fish can result in extra cleaning fees and forfeit of deposit.
- Grill and camp fire pit may be used with adult supervision. No non-organic materials including plastic, bottles and cans should be burned. Please replace fire wood locally. Rental Agreement will be provided at booking.
Od 2. Rujan 2017. - 31. Svibanj 2018. minimalni boravak je 3 noćenja.
I love to cook, learn about food from different cultures and spend time with my family especially at our beautiful cottage in Lakewood, Wisconsin. We feel blessed to have such a special place and we want to share it with others so they too can feel the serenity of the lake and trees, and make life long memories.