Home away from home in the heart of Echo Park, near the lake, Silver lake, the Arts District & the 101 freeway. Light & spacious top floor apt located on a beautiful & friendly street just parallel to Sunset Blvd. Short walking distance from great restaurants, coffee shops, bars, clothes stores, markets etc.
We take pride in the cleanliness and welcoming vibe of our home. Must be dog friendly as we have a medium sized dog who is well trained, kind, loving, quiet & playful when encouraged.
Bright and spacious bedroom with en-suite and queen bed. Storage available in the the bedroom. Access to living room and kitchen.
Just a few things we definitely recommend...
- Sqirl (Silver lake) - Hands down one of the best breakfast spots in LA. Go between 9-12 to avoid the queue, it still goes down quite quickly. Definitely recommend crispy rice salad with 'the works', seasonal hash & the famed ricotta toast, oh also get the lait 'n' egg, vietnamese iced coffee that is amazing!
- Daily Dose (Downtown)
- Toast (West hollywood)
- Blue Jam cafe (West Hollywood)
- Urth cafe (all over LA)
- Gracias Madre (west hollywood)- Vegan mexican. The foods amazing and the cocktails are really good. It has a really nice outside area too.
- Wurstkuche (downtown Art's district)- Sausage place with amazing beers!
- Speranza (silver lake)- Hidden gem. Homemade italian food, amazing pasta and amazing wine! They don't have a website so you need to call and book.
- Bestia (downtown)- Another AMAZING Italian. Definitely have to make a reservation in advance. Great vibe and really tasty food.
- Masa (echo park)- Really chilled out place famous for their deep pan chicago pizzas. Good wine. Really cheap!
- Bar Ama (downtown)- One of the best mexican restaurants with a secret menu. The margaritas are really good!
- Cafe Stella (silver lake)- French restaurant with a really nice bar that you can go to afterwards. The margaritas are amazing!!!
- Sugarfish sushi- Downtown LA & West Hollywood- Great sushi!
- Perch (downtown)- French restaurant on top of a high rise building with a live band in the evening. The steaks really good there! Great date night spot.
- Pace (laurel canyon)- Amazing little spot. Foods great, chilled vibe.
- Gjelinas (Abbot kinney in venice)- Really good pizza place!
- Chateaux Marmont (west hollywood)- Old school LA interior, definitely an impressive environment to experience. I usually recommend drinks though not dinner. You can only get in with a reservation by calling them.
- Ysabels (west hollywood)- Amazing outside area. Great for dinner and drinks.
- L&E Oyster bar (silver lake)- They have a really nice wine bar upstairs. Chilled vibe, good happy hour.
- EP & LP (west hollywood)- Rooftop bar. Really good music & amazing cocktails!
- Laurel Hardware (west hollywood)- Another good bar.
- Tenants of the Trees (silver lake)- Great outside area and really good music. They only play vinyl. Cocktails really good!
- The Bungalow (santa monica)- Amazing spot for drinking and hanging out!
- Bar Marmont (west hollywood)- Good cocktails, good vibe!
- Ace hotel (downtown)- The rooftop bar is really good fun!
Other things to do
- Button mash (echo park)- Old school games like street fighter. Chilled vibe, good beer selection.
- Maze rooms (all around LA)
- Malibu wines- Wine tasting.
- Venice beach- Skate park & biking on the beach path
- Hikes- Runyon canyon (west hollywood). Amazing views(URL HIDDEN) - Griffith park. They have an observatory there too, closed on a monday.
- Santa Barbara- Amazing place to visit! You could do Ojai as part of the same trip.
- Big Bear- Great for camping. It's in the mountains, about a 2.5hr drive.
- Palm Springs- Ace hotel is definitely the place to stay here.
- Getty museum- Amazing views but the art is hit & miss.
- LACMA- You should definitely check out!
- The Broad
- Manhattan beach- Great beach town and really nice beach. Great for surf lessons, that's where we learn.
- Laguna beach- Haven't been yet but supposed to be amazing.
- Leo carillo beach (Malibu)- Really beautiful & more 'untouched' than the others.
- El Matador (Malibu)- The most 'untouched' out of all the beaches i've been to so far. Great for picnics but not so great for swimming, loads of rocks in the sea.
- Echo Park- Literally across the road from our apt. are some steps down to Sunset, there's an amazing jewelry store that sells other bits and a womenswear clothing store with our local coffee shop right next door.
- Silver lake is really good for shops. Mohawk general store (mens and womens), Aesop etc
- Undefeated (a few around LA)- Great spot for sneakers
- Abbot Kinney (near venice beach)