Cozy scenic view cottage perfectly situated on the west shore of Guemes Island just an 8 minute ferry ride north of Anacortes, WA. Great place to relax and escape the city and enjoy the simplicity of island living. The cottage is set less than 100' from a beautiful west facing beach that is ideal for sunset viewing, beach combing, agate searching, and wildlife sightings... often seeing eagles, herons, seals, otters, deer and more. Come enjoy the peaceful tranquility of this beautiful paradise.
We live on-site and have a friendly male doodle named Ollie. This quaint guest cottage is small but comfortable....has a heated mattress pad on the king-size bed, comfortable futon couch for extra sleeping, Mr Coffee coffeepot w/filters, toaster, microwave, refrigerator, stove, cooking utensils, plethora of dishes & glassware, board games/cards, picnic table, & gas bar-b-que. Wifi is available however coverage can be inconsistent as this is an island. You are welcome to use our beachside fire pit with firewood provided and outdoor chairs.
Interakcija s gostima
Our island ferry runs on a frequent but varied schedule so you will need to access their available times by visiting Skagit County's website. Car & driver cost $10. on off season, passengers are $3.00...with an increase from May 20th until Sept 30th. When you arrive at the ferry dock in Anacortes you will need to arrive early enough to go inside the ferry terminal to pay if using a credit card. Otherwise a ferry worker will collect your cash or check at your car window before boarding. The ferry holds approximately 20 cars. FYI: The ferry terminal has two clean bathrooms inside for public use. (URL HIDDEN) has additional info about Guemes Island with ferry schedule, ferry webcams, Channel tide charts, & more.
Interested in having beautiful professional photo memories captured of your island experience? Contact island photographers Danny & Susan Lauve (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) (EMAIL HIDDEN) You will be pleased you did!
Guemes Island Seaside Cottage Rental Agreement
1. It is Guests' responsibility to read & be familiar with each of these Terms of Agreement, which are a part of the rental contract. Compliance with these Terms will make your stay easier & more enjoyable.
2. Check-in time is usually after 3pm on the 1st day of your stay. Checkout time is before 1pm on the last day of your stay. (Sometimes arrangements may be made for later checkout.)
3. Wi-Fi is provided for Guests however please know that frequent disruption of service can occur.
4. Guests shall maintain the premises/cottage in a good, clean condition, and use the premises/cottage in a careful and lawful manner. (Trash & recycle cans are located on the street edge of the property behind the cottage.)
5. Guests agree to pay for any damage to the premises/cottage caused by the Guests during tenancy.
6. Guests’ agree to minimize noise & loud conduct being respectful of neighbors & Owners.
7. Guests’ agree to use water wisely as water comes from a multiple-home use well with a limited holding tank.
8. Guests’ will respect the local environment, shoreline, and ecosystems as it is of upmost importance to Owners.
9. Guests’ shall agree that no pets will be brought on the premises.
10. Guests’ will agree that there will be NO SMOKING inside the cottage.
11. Towels & bedding for the number of guests expected will be provided. Additional are available on guests’ request.
12. Some consumables such as paper towels, napkins, toilet paper, dish & hand soap, and garbage bags are provided. Additional are available on guests’ request.
13. Guests’ agree not to access Owner’s equipment & supplies in the bedroom closet.
14. The property has 2 working fire extinguishers as well as smoke alarms. Both these safety features are believed to be functioning properly at the time of rental. Guests’ shall familiarize themselves with the location and operation of fire extinguishers upon arrival. Guests’ shall notify Owner without delay if smoke alarm “chirps” or has low battery condition.
15. Guests’ will not start open fires outside the designated exterior fire pit area. Wood will be provided for burning in the fire pit.
16. Guests shall allow Owner to access the premises/cottage for purposes of maintenance and repairs. Owners shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner and make contact with Guest prior to entering the cottage.
17. The Owners have the right to inspect the premises/cottage without prior notice to enforce the terms of this Agreement.
18. Guest shall hereby indemnify and hold harmless the Owners against any and all claims of personal injury or property damage or loss arising from use of the premises/cottage regardless of the nature of the accident, injury or loss.
****Our goal is for you to enjoy your stay and know we will do what we can to help.
Booking with us means you agree & accept these terms.
Together with my husband Doug & our doodle Ollie we enjoy our beachfront home on Guemes Island in addition to traveling as often as we can. We currently host our west facing beach side guest cottage on Airbnb & hope you will come & enjoy the delights of this little piece of paradise.