Clean and comfortable apartment, with live-in host, in Chinatown/Lower East Side. Close to transportation (F, 4/5/6, B/D), Manhattan and Brooklyn bridges, East River, bike paths, bars/restaurants/shops and parks. Old New York feel and easy access many other neighborhoods including Soho, Little Italy, the Lower East Side, and the Financial District.
(Before inquiring, please see calendar and description for answers to most questions.)
The room is about 8x7. Neat, clean, and plenty of storage space and shelves. There is a desk and chair to work at, a humidifier and fans. The bed is an extra-long twin and has a memory foam top. The window faces a window in the kitchen (see photos). For one person only.
GENERAL APARTMENT INFO:
Queer friendly apartment. Third floor walk up. You have your own room; shared bathroom. I am the only person who lives in the apartment (my girlfriend sometimes stays over).
The kitchen is available for light use (keeping and heating leftovers, toasting, cereal) from 8am until 11pm, but please keep noise to a minimum when my bedroom door is closed (I'll do the same when yours is closed). Feel free to use the top shelf in the fridge and the shelf under the toaster oven to store things.
Towel and sheets provided (change of both available for stays longer than a week).
There is an open shelf in the bathroom for you to use, as well as a shelf of toiletries in case you forgot anything. There is shampoo, conditioner, and body wash in the shower.
Interakcija s gostima
I'm out quite a bit, but please let me know (by message or note if I'm not around) if you have questions. There are maps and guidebooks in the bedroom, but please don't hesitate to ask for suggestions of places to visit, eat, etc.
And of course, always let me know if there is anything you need that could make your stay better - I'm a just one person, not a hotel, but I will do my best to accommodate needs/requests. Please also let me know if there are any issues (apartment too hot/cold, internet, lightbulbs out, me being too loud, I've run out of something...). I don't take it personally! I prefer that we talk to each other instead of either of us feeling uncomfortable or upset and then leaving angry/disappointed reviews after the fact. I want you (and me) to be happy and comfortable in my home during your stay in the city.
- Directions, wifi info, and apartment access details will be available on the booking confirmation page.
- Cats and small dogs allowed on a case by case basis for short stays.
- Check-in and check-out times may be flexible (please ask), and you're welcome to leave your bags if you have a late flight out.
- Mentioned elsewhere but worth repeating: 3rd floor walk-up, no elevator.
**Already in "house rules" but please - no strong colognes or perfumes, scented body wash or soap, or strongly scented deodorants.**
- Please, no cigarette smokers, and no strong scents (perfumes, colognes, or scented lotions, deodorants, or body washes - they give me migraines). If I tell you something is too strong for me, please respect that. I'm not trying to be rude - the headaches they give me can last for days. [if strong scents--cigarette, etc--get into the furniture, bedding, etc, there will be an additional cleaning fee of up to $80]
- Quiet-ish time when bedroom doors are closed (mostly re: kitchen use, but also try to keep bathroom time short - generally after 11pm and before 8am). If your door is closed, I'll take that to mean you're home and maybe asleep. (When you're out, please leave the door open. That way I know if I should be quiet. I'll do the same.)
- Be considerate, clean and nice. Wash your dishes (well). Leave the bathroom and kitchen clean after using (wipe up water, products, hair; clean food spills, put things away). Other people stay in the guest room so please leave it as you found it. No food in the bedroom, and please no sticky beverages (unless you are okay with cleaning up the any spills and also letting me know about it - any mess will attract bugs and mice). Don't let doors slam (especially the apartment door).
- No guests.
If any of this is a problem, or if you will be bothered by me reminding you of these things, please look elsewhere for a place to stay.
Ovaj domaćin ima 1 recenziju za druge smještaje.Prikaži druge recenzije
I am a graduate student in sociology, living in NYC a long time. I like karaoke, art, bars, teaching, movies, traveling, skiing and hosting. Message me with any questions.