Lovely room in a big house with shared bathroom, fridge, and TV (Roku).
Supplied with kitchenette bar, dressers and a walk-in closet.
Home has access to a sauna, fire pit, grill, and a sunny yard.
Quiet, authentic FoPo neighborhood near many delicious and affordable restaurants, bars, dispensaries, and food carts. Borrow bikes to access the Hawthorne, Division, Woodstock and Belmont areas within 15 minutes.
All are welcome. LGBTQ friendly. Owner works with international ESL learners.
This room is in a very well-lit finished basement room with new carpets. The bathroom is up one flight of stairs and has a bathtub, shower, toilet, and sink. This shower is shared with only one tenant. Please use the brown towels on the top rack next to the shower. Robes are provided in the closet to add to your comfort.
If you have a larger group, please see my other listing at the same house under my profile to rent out more spaces together.
The external entry has a push-code lock, so you can come and go easily. The bedroom has a keyed lock.
The room does not share any walls with other tenants, so you can feel at ease to make moderate noise without being heard.
The kitchenette is furnished with microwave, toaster, coffee maker, hot water tea kettle, plates, bowls, cups, mugs, silverware and essential tools. Coffee, a variety of teas, and instant oatmeal are provided, along with salt and pepper. There is a gas grill that you can use (please clean afterward). You also can use the white fridge and cupboards on the 1st floor for storing food.
Bedding, extra pillows, blankets and towels, robes, hair dryer, magnified mirror, shampoo/conditioner, liquid soap, etc, are all provided. We also have some rain coats in the closet to borrow in case you came to puddle town unprepared. There is a dehumidifier in the hallway, being a basement room.
The house has central heating and A/C, but you also can use the space heater or fan provided if you need to adjust the temperature. This area of the house is typically cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
Restaurants and bars and a small grocer and convenience store are within walking distance. Great Portland neighborhoods with shopping and higher-end food are about 2 miles away. We are 1-mile from many major grocery stores: Fred Meyers, New Seasons, Safeway, Natural Grocers, and Trader Joe's.
Enjoy relaxing in the large living room for TV with Roku, or spend time in the yard, on the porch, or use the sauna.
A sauna, fire pit and grill are available for your enjoyment, with a large amount of wood. Please be responsible when using these and follow instructions.
Street parking is always available.
You can store food in the white fridge on the first floor.
The back deck is reserved for the guests who rent that room, but the yard is open to relax in. Only the shed and small yellow building in the back are off limits.
Also, aside from the white fridge and the sink, the kitchen is not shared. If you have a special request regarding kitchen use though, please let me know and I can probably accommodate you.
Interakcija s gostima
I live in the house, and enjoy chatting. I will give you space and let you initiate most interactions after our first meeting.
I love talking travel and am happy to help you find what you are looking for in the city. If I am out, the best way to get ahold of me is text.
The house is usually pretty quiet overall. Keep in mind that this is a home, so you will sometimes hear footsteps, some conversation and laughter in the kitchen area, or maybe some TV (not too often on that last one though). Please communicate if you have any requests regarding noises. Earplugs are provided if you are sensitive to average ambiance.
Broj dozvole ili registarski broj17-137177-HO
Saznaj više o ovom broju
- Questions are welcome, but please ask Jenna or Morgan, not the other visitors at the house, as they are likely guests as well.
- Quiet Hours between 11pm and 7am, both inside and outside. You can talk at conversation levels in your room with the door closed anytime though.
- Shoes off in the basement area please. Slippers provided at shoe removal chair.
- Park anywhere except in front of the small white house directly across the street.
- Be respectful of neighbors and other guests.
- The sauna is a dry sauna. Please do not put water on the rocks.
- Bikes and locks borrowed must be returned in the same condition or a fee will come from the deposit.
- No illegal downloads.
- No heavy drinking.
- You must be sober to use the sauna or fire pit.
- No unattended fires in the backyard fire pit.
- No candles in the house or yard.
- Please no strong fragrances (I have allergies to perfume).
- Please lock the entry door at night.
- Do not use the kitchen or washer/dryer without permission.
- Do not go to the top floor, this is a private area.
- Please use the towels on the top rack in the bathroom.
I am an outgoing and friendly woman who loves to travel. I teach and manage a college ESL service learning and volunteer program for my school. I also love films, writing, and performance art, both in the audience and as an artist. I love puppets.
My life motto would be: Participate with Curiosity.