Our spacious studio flat accommodates up to three guests and is close to UJ, Wits, SABC, Media24, Milpark and Garden City hospitals and a large variety of restaurants and pubs.
Situated in a safe cul-de-sac, it's far enough from the buzz to enjoy peace and quiet, but still within walking distance from everything Melville has to offer.
It's self-catering and includes a fully equipped kitchen, en suite bathroom (shower only) and wifi.
The studio is well-lit, private and spacious.
We recently renovated and decorated it to reflect our personal style, which tends to be eclectic with a strong dose of personal and South African nostalgia.
It looks out on a small, but beautifully maintained garden where you can enjoy peace and tranquility on the patio or in and around the swimming pool.
We offer private access to the premises and you're more than welcome to use the pool and entertainment area at your own risk and discretion.
Interakcija s gostima
Both your hosts are proud Jozi residents and very knowledgeable about Melville and Johannesburg in general. We have compiled a comprehensive online guide here on Airbnb, but feel free to ask for pointers if you need any and we'll do our best to be of assistance!
We've got two dogs, Fidel Castro and Imelda Marcos the Boston Terriers. Both are well-mannered and house trained and we clean after them twice a day, but please don't book your stay with us if you have a problem with dogs.
- Although it ideally accommodates two guests, the studio cannot accommodate more than three guests at a time - it has one double bed and a sleeper couch for a third guest.
- No additional, unregistered or unapproved guests or visitors will be allowed on the premises without the hosts' prior approval. Violation will cause for cancellation.
- In the event of the hosts’ approval, additional guests after check-in will be charged for.
- The pool does not have a safety net, so we cannot accommodate guests with children that are at risk of drowning in it.
- We've got two dogs, Fidel and Imelda. Although they are well-behaved and house-trained, we would prefer that guests do not feed them or take any of them off the premises.
- Smoking is not permitted inside the studio, but allowed in parts of the garden and entertainment area where it does not blow into the studio or main house.
- The studio is self catering and breakfast ingredients like eggs, bread, cheese, fruit and yogurt are available on request.
- The use of the pool, garden and entertainment area is at guests' own risk.
- We're situated in a quiet and densely populated area of Melville and would appreciate if our guests were considerate of this. We therefore cannot allow any loud conversations, parties or get togethers on the premises, especially no noise or disturbances between 21:00 and 7:00am.
- Laundry is done on Tuesdays and Fridays and washing and folding (no ironing) is offered at an additional cost.
- Although the studio is cleaned once a week and between guests, guests are encouraged to clean their own dishes.
- We unfortunately cannot offer off-the-street parking, but our street is patrolled by security guards 24/7 and we haven't experienced any incidents like car theft or smash-and-grabs to date. However, if you do have a car and park in the street, we cannot accept any liability in the event of any of the aforementioned incidents taking place.
- Please respect our privacy and the tranquility of our space - we'll respect yours :)
Hi there! I'm Marthinus and I'm a content marketing professional and urbanite from Jo'burg, South Africa. I love travelling and do not get to do it half as often as I like to.
I live in Melville with my partner Paul, who is co-hosting guests in our garden studio flat with me. We've got two four-legged children, Fidel Castro and Imelda Marcos the Boston Terriers.
We're both pretty laid back and spend our free time chilling at home, cooking, enjoying some wine, reading, watching series or enjoying what our surroundings have to offer.
We did extensive renovations to our property in 2016 and are pretty pleased with how everything panned out. We look forward to hosting our guests and intend to be as helpful and hospitable as we possibly can and to respect our guests' privacy. Give us a try and we'll do our best to help you not regret choosing us!