ROOMEY comfortable living room With two Comfy couches. Apt is on the first floor right next to everything and a block away from A and 1 MTA train. This train is express! All of NYC and even NJ is accessible from here. The famous Dyckman strip with all venues.literally walk outside n have everything!
Older building adds character! Guests may be in the Living room. Blankets, towel, utensils and internet are provided (but always bring your own incase we run out!).
- read description and rules carefully.
***This is Angela's son, KDN Jimenez. I handle everything for this listing, this is my moms place but I live here at the moment and I am the guy in the profile picture to the left. Please make sure to read the description and rules to understand. You can also find my Airbnb profile as "KDN Jimenez" where there are many reviews.
***This listing was under my account before but since my mom is the rightful owner I had to put it under her due to Airbnb regulation. Please let me know if you have any questions around that.
You will be interacting with my son as he manages my home :-D And he is the one you will be roommates with in the other room.
- Most NYC buildings have steam heaters and so they can be noisy when it is really cold. Please be aware of this and bring up if a concern
- Leave Shoes at door
- Fold linen after use (make bed)
- Clean up after yourself (no dirty dishes, hair in drain, dirty stove top, or spilled water on counters)
- don't use address for mail. Mail is private. If it is for emergency then let me know before hand. And always make sure there's no repetitive mail coming in.
Main things to pay attention to: (look over the bottom of the page for further details):
- Follow rules as much as possible. It allows for further hosting and to also keep prices affordable because expenses are kept low. If we are all on the page from the beginning then we can move forward that much easier and have a great time! :-D
-Read descriptions before asking questions that may be answered there. Usually that is the case.
- So when you get here the building number is 1319 but the maps number is 19 . They haven't updated the numbers for some reason.
- Shared space means there may be another guest in the area or in another bed. Clarify that with me if it is a concern.
- Be conscience that there are other people living in the other room or apt so treat us/them with respect and expect normal roommate living situations like guests, family, use of common area, lifestyle habits, and good communication. Most things will be kept to everyone's private area though.
- Once booked, you are officially my guest/Roommate. So welcome to the family! But do note that I travel a lot and so I am not always around and I may have guests or family/friends with me or w/o me sometimes in the other room so just be conscious of them and treat them as awesome as possible.
- if someone knocks on door as of now just don't open or let them know that I am away (if I am not around). If they ask,let them know you are just a friend visiting. From time to time my super or neighbor may be looking for me but I'd rather speak to them myself and keep everything private, you know. Please be discrete and don't let doors slam.
- Clean after yourself with a mother's eye :-) (kitchen, stove top, counters, tub, drain, water, stuff, etc). Trash should be thrown out as much as possible along with recycling. There should be no overnight dishes please (Wash right away or use disposable utensils instead). Fold your linen & make your bed especially on couch. Wipe down areas of use including water on sink counter and pick up any hair or debris left on floor or bath drain.
- This is an older building in NYC, therefore do not expect a modern impecable look. Instead expect one with character and use ;-D
- As much as we clean, this is an older building and it's normal and also possible to have some form of pests (i.e. ants, roaches, mice, etc). Usually we don't have problem with this but sometimes they can come in from neighboring apartments or if someone leaves food out. Just notify me and the bug spray should be within the kitchen cabinets or on top of fridge. Also the exterminator comes every month, please let them in if they knock. By helping us stay clean during your stay this issue is greatly minimized and it's more likely not to see ANY :-D. If you are uncomfortable with this, I think a different more modern listing would be better for you or just consult with me and ill gladly help.
- Conserve energy as much as possible. Don't leave the fridge open too long, the AC shouldn't be turned on all night especially with windows open (normally cools in an hour), water shouldn't be left running unused, unplug items not in use, turn off lights not in use, etc.
- Building has surveillance so please treat it with care and clean up after yourself. Don't slam doors and respect the neighbors.
- Sometimes there are paper and notices on the door of the. Holding entrance or apartment. These contain very valuable information as to what's happening in the building. Sometimes they state whether there are some repairs going on or water will be shut off. Please read these and lead me know that they are happening so I am aware invade I didn't see them myself and for you to be aware as well.
- Please do not bring any drugs or have marijuana on you when you come in. Especially the marijuana smell since this bothers me and roommates. Please either do this on your spare time outdoors and clean up afterward before entering home.
- No smoking indoors
- No pets or unauthorized guests (ask first)
- Guest are responsible for their area, damages and loss of items. Notify immediately if there is something that needs attention or an emergency.
- Towel, bed sheet, bed cover, pillow, toilet paper, shampoo are provided but bring your own in case.
- More than likely you will self check in, unless we can specifically do so. read below for instructions.
- There are fees for early/late check ins and to leave luggage. Just read below.
- There is a cancelation policy so make sure you book properly.
- Ask about our other services like cell phone and anything related to real estate.
- Have fun and proceed with the following if you need further details!
- Have fun and proceed with the following if you need further details!
- look at the services at bottom for special SERVICES!
- Message me pass phrase “Bonus points are the best” once read.
Make sure to read the other description and the bottom of the page to have all your questions answered and learn more about the affordable cellphone services we offer and more.
Keep in mind it IS a living room and two young adults live here. We live a fairly active lifestyle with different schedules. So there may be some light traveling between the rooms, music playing in room, and other activities especially on weekend nights. Be mindful of our space as well. Please let us know if something is too loud or you have a concern. We care about how you feel as. We firmly believe prevention is better than curing :-D
No smoking indoors but feel free to use the fire escape or do it outside. Gently close the front door so it doesn't slam. If anything is broken notify me or if you cause some damages please try to replace it or let me know.
This building is surveillanced and any damages or issues that happen in the hallways or in front of building will be reported to us by the super so please replace damaged items or clean up anything left behind in building premise. Also make sure the doors aren't slammed hard. They will have video footage if anything is reported so please just respect the neighbors and the building and all should be fine. Also, dont go into the backyard of the basement, that is private property of the superintendent who lives there.
In winter the heater makes a hissing noise due to being steam powered and it is controlled by the building and sometimes cannot be shut off. This is the case in most of NYC buildings but if it's a concern please bring it up and we'll try and situate you furthest from it. It's usually temporary for 30 minutes or so depending on cold.
Clean up after yourself please and don't let things pile up. That means no overnight dishes, no hair or suds left behind in tub, pick up hair left behind in drain, make sure to clean any hair or residue left behind when using brush or drying hair, wipe the mirror after brushing teeth, clean off the water after using faucet, use foam dishes and cups, Clean the stove top or oven thoroughly after use (there is always grease and food left behind after use), etc. be conscious of foul smell like food and even maybe a garnet I your body. Just be considerate of what you're leaving behind.
Also make sure to not leave food or lightly packaged food outside on table or anywhere that is not a fridge or packed in a hard container because we DO live in NYC and it has the potential to attract pests that we don't want like mice and roaches. So please help us keep the place clean as well by putting food (bread, open containers, etc) in the fridge or in a hard container.
When in the summer you may use the air conditioner but be mindful that you don't use it for too long. On average it takes about a 30-60 minutes to cool down the room and there may be no need to leave it on further especially over night so be mindful to not leave it on too long because it does consume a HUGE amount of energy and we want to keep our costs fair and affordable as well as help the environment.
Ask me before bringing extra guests and make sure they aren't reckless. Enjoy everything and make it feel like it's your home. Just be sure to respect the neighbors and get no complaints.
Let me know what times you want to check in and out. I usually prefer after 5pm on weekdays and before 8pm on weekends to check in. To check out its best to do so by 10am-12pm (10:00-12:00). If you have a different time just let me know and I can arrange someone to help you. I'm usually flexible with times. You just have to try and hold up to your times since I will be waiting to give you the keys.
In the case that you are late to arrival or I am unable to receive you then you can do self check in. At the building entrance just wait until someone opens the building Door which happens about every 5-10 mins. And then go to the apartment and use lockbox code on the lock box hanging from the door knob. Ask for the lockbox code when accepted. Use the code to get the key from inside the box. Just put it back on knob when done and your actual keys to walk around with will be on the living room table :-D
If anyone asks where I am tell them I left for the day and will be back later or that you are a friend temporarily visiting. All I ask is that you respect the home and everything should be fine :-D . If you liked your stay leave a 5 star review!
Make sure to read description and "getting around" section for information. Usually that'll answer most of your questions.
Guest take responsibility for any issues or damages in their area unless a very sound reason can be provided. If anything happens you should notify us immediately.
Early check in would be $10/person more and is an option as long as previous guests are not there.
To leave Luggage before or after stay would be $5/per luggage/per day/night since it occupies space. To leave it for a short time after stay(max 2 hours) , can be done free of charge if it is convenient for us and the following guest.
There is keys that we distribute to our guests. If you happen to lose the keys then it'll take several days to get another copy because it has to go through the building and they charge us $30 plus the small key. So $35 in total would be your fee if you lose them. This is inconvenient, so please don't lose them and keep them safe.
If you are a tourist or someone in need of a more affordable cellphone service, Remember to ask me about cellphone plans ande services we offer :-D
visit/search bingesurfer com - for iPhone accessories and more
visit/search destroyyourbills com - for home and business services
Visit/search kdnestate com - for everything real estate.
Ovaj domaćin ima 10 recenzije za druge smještaje.Prikaži druge recenzije
This is Angela's son, KDN. I handle everything for this listing, this is my moms place but I live here at the moment and I am the guy in the profile picture to the left. Please make sure to read the description and rules to understand. You can also find my Airbnb profile as "KDN Jimenez" where there are many reviews.
A little bit about me(KDN Jimenez), I am very open to the world and friendly to strangers. I wear my best colors towards people because I know that brings out the best in them. I like to travel, try new things and make life as exciting as possible. I also like to indulge in deep meaningful conversations but im also great at small talk haha. Anyways I like to think i always find the best in people even in those that are harder to find. :-D
A conversation with me will feel like we've known each other for a lifetime and we hope that you walk away with a smile from your experience with us..