Set back 100 feet from the shores of Great Moose Lake. This spacious open chalet has glorious views of the lake. The interior is finished in knotty pine and has that north woods feel to it throughout. The loft, with a queen sized bed, has an expansive view overlooking the lake. Just when you think it can't get any better, step out into the hot tub just feet from the finished basement. Relax in the 12' furnished gazebo for a perfect end to your day.
This lakefront, chalet-style home is located on the shores of Great Moose Lake in Hartland, Maine. Great Moose Lake covers 3500 acres and is a popular destination for those looking to find a quieter off-the-beaten-path place to vacation. The home is located on Great Moose Lake's huge northeast cove, providing easy access to the main body of water but not as busy to boating traffic.
Located just over three hours north of Boston, this home is ideally situated for spring, summer and autumn vacations. There is 125 feet of very private rocky/sandy frontage on the lake with a 25 foot dock to access the water from. The frontage itself is deep water with a small sandy access area for smaller kids and deep-water from the end of the dock. There is a public boat launch available, however, if you can lift your boat, you can back your small boat right up to waters edge and launch from this homes waterfront.
On Great Moose Lake, you will enjoy swimming, boating, windsurfing, water-skiing, tubing, sunning, fishing, or simply cruising around the lake exploring all this lake has to offer. New this year is a huge floating dock and swim float, the perfect place to spend a lazy summer day soaking up the sun. Also on sight is a 6 man outdoor hottub. If you do not have your own boat, I do have an 18' pontoon boat for rent ($400 for the week). Fishing is open year round and you can expect to catch Brown trout, large & small mouth bass, white and yellow perch and Brookies in the tributaries.
For the autumn vacationers, October holds some of the most beautiful foliage outside of the white mountains you'll ever see and November on Great Moose Lake is a hunter's paradise. There have been several good sized bucks taken over the years by the hunters who have stayed at the house.
The interior of the home is simply beautiful. Most of the interior was custom built in knotty pine and the hardwood maple floors simply light up the home. There is an open and airy loft overlooking the living room with huge glass windows overlooking the deck and lake. The finished basement holds the fourth bedroom and has sliders directly facing the lake. The fully-equipped kitchen is available for your home cooked meals. A washer and dryer are also provided. The first floor master bath is full sized and the upstairs bath is a 3/4 bath. The home has approximately 2600 square feet of living space. There is a queen sized bed in the loft, so if you are the kind of person who likes to wake up to an expansive view of a pristine Maine lake, then you will want to claim that as your bed!
Please note, dogs are welcome with one exception, they must be quiet, i.e. no perpetual barkers. Folks who live and vacation on Great Moose Lake do so for the peaceful serenity of the area, so please respect that. If you have any questions regarding this policy please don't hesitate to contact me.
The entire property including chalet and garage. Pontoon boat is for rent separately ($400 per week + tax).
3 night+ reservations accepted until mid June
Mid June until Labor day full weeks only, Saturday - Saturday
3+ night+ reservations accepted after labor day weekend
5+ night minimum reservation for December holidays
1. Dogs Must be Quiet. No Cats allowed
2. All guests must respect the peace and quiet of the lake community.
3. Smoking is not allowed. Use of the wood stoves is not allowed.
4. LESSEE Must be 30 years of age or older
5. UTlLITlES The landlord will provide water, heat, local phone service and electric. Leave trash in the outbuilding by the road for removal.
6. RESTRICTIONS: Pets are allowed, but please bag and dispose of your pets waste! No smoking is allowed inside the house.
7. ACCOMMODATIONS: One queen, one full, two twin, one sleep sofa and one full sized futon. Clean linens will be provided to guests. All guests are expected to leave the house "broom clean", strip used beds, put dirty towels/laundry in the laundry room. Failure to do so will result in an additional $150 cleaning fee to be deducted from security deposit.
8. MAXIMUM NUMBER OF OCCUPANTS: The house is to be occupied by no more than TEN (10) persons at a maximum. Violation of this policy will result in a $100 per person per night penalty.
9. LESSEE assures the LESSOR that the tenants will observe all conditions and terms of this lease as to maintaining the premises in good order and appearance and will conduct themselves in a manner inoffensive to neighbors.
10. LESSEE assures the LESSOR that any tenant who violates any of the terms of this Lease shall be immediately denied occupancy and shall remedy any damages or other expenses which are caused by the tenant and/or the tenant's guest(s).
11. LESSEE agrees that any tenant who is found using drugs or allows others to use drugs on the premises will be immediately denied continued occupancy at these premises.
12. LESSEE and/or their guests shall not disturb, annoy, endanger, or inconvenience neighbors, nor use the premises for any immoral or unlawful purposes, nor violate any law or ordnance, nor commit waste or nuisance on or about the premises.
13. LESSEE agrees that during the term of this lease and such further time as he/she occupies the premises, he/she will keep the leased premises clean and free of trash, garbage, and other waste; and all pipes, wires, glass, plumbing and other equipment and fixtures in the same condition as at the beginning of, or may put in during the term of the lease, reasonable wear and tear and damage by unavoidable fire and casualty only exception.
14. LESSEE agrees to indemnify and save LESSOR harmless from all liability, loss or damage arising from any nuisance or harm made or suffered on the leased premises by the LESSEE, tenants, or guests or from any carelessness, neglect, improper use of premises or improper conduct of any persons entering, occupying or visiting the leased premises.
15. LESSEE agrees that he/she shall not paint or make alterations to the property, including changing existing locks or adding new ones, without the LESSOR'S written consent.
16. Upon not less than 24 hours notice, LESSEE shall make available to LESSOR or his agent for the premises of entering to make necessary or convenient repairs and to show the premises to prospective tenants and/or buyers. In an emergency, LESSOR or his agent may enter the premises at any time without securing prior permission from LESSEE.
17. LESSEE may not let, sub let or assign this lease for all or any part of the premises without prior consent of the LESSOR.
18. If LESSEE abandons or vacates the premises, LESSOR may at his option terminate this lease, enter the premises, and remove all property.
19. In the event that any action shall be commenced by either party arising out of, or concerning this lease or any right or obligation derived there from, the LESSOR shall be entitled to receive attorney's fees as fixed by the Court in addition to all relief at law or equity.
20. Either party may terminate this lease in the event of a violation of early provision of this lease by the other party in the manner and as provided by law.
21. LESSEE assumes full responsibility for fulfilling the terms of the lease for the period stated and assure the LESSOR full recourse for the payment of any amount outstanding from the total amount due in accord with the terms as stated above including any outstanding or unpaid charges that are the responsibility of the LESSEE.
22. RELEASE OF LIABILITY. LESSEE understands that LESSOR make no guarantees of safety or protection with the use of the structure, the grounds, the waterfront, the lake, the subsurface (collectively known as ‘the property’) and/or any accessories, such as, but not limited to, the dock, swim float, water toys (25), hot tub, life preservers, boats, electronics, etc… provided with ‘the property’ during this rental period. LESSEE also understands that vacationing in Maine carries with it certain unavoidable risks such as but not limited to insect infestations, inclement weather, winter blizzards, lake water quality issues, potable water issues or other unforseen circumstances. LESSEE agrees to release LESSOR from all liability and all claims stated herein.
23(URL HIDDEN) Water Toys waiver of Liability. This rental home comes with several water toys such as but not limited to, a canoe, two kayaks, a paddle boat, a rental motor boat and several floatation devices. All of these devices are provided for your entertainment and pleasure, but are inherently dangerous to both novices and skilled users. While LESSOR has maintained these items and believes them to be in good and useable condition, LESSEE agrees to take full responsibility for their useability and condition and releases from liability LESSOR from any injury or death resulting from their use. By signing this release, LESSEE acknowledges a minimum skill set required for the operation of any water toys LESSEE chooses to use.
24. Woodstoves and cordwood are for owners use only, not to be used by guests.
I have an older retired gentleman who lives down the street (Gary F) who is available to help if you have any questions or concerns.