My place is located in the beautiful Humboldt Park. It's a cozy, comfy, 3 bedroom flat with it's own kitchen and bathroom. We are 6 miles from downtown. WRIGLEY FIELD: 25 min. by car; 50 min. by public transportation. NAVY PIER: 24 min. by car; 40 min. by bus. MILLENNIUM PARK: 20 min by car; 40 min. by public transportation. UNITED CENTER: 10 min.by car; 25 min. by public transportation. The bus stop for buses 65 and 66 are only a block away and they drop you off right in front of Navy Pier.
We have put a lot of love and effort in getting this place ready to be rented out. It's comfy, cozy and the perfect place to come back to after a long day out around the city. It has a Samsung 55 inch SmartTV, wifi, fully-equipped kitchen and three very comfy Black Beautyrest mattresses.
We take a lot of pride in the small details and if you are as picky as we are, you will definitely notice why it took us months to get it ready to be rented out. It wasn't until we were completely satisfied and actually lived here for a week that we finally gave it the green light. And still, we are always improving it.
As mentioned before, we love this place so much that we actually stay here when there's no one booked. We aim to provide a comfy place at a reasonable price. We know Chicago is an expensive city and taxes don't make it any cheaper so we strive to be a happy/medium between comfort and location (we can't pick up our house and move it).
The building is 3 stories. The Basement, 1st Floor and 2nd Floor. Both the Basement and the 1st floor are rented out thru airbnb. Because this house is more than 100 years old and the wooden floors are the original floors, the footsteps, tv, talking, etc. from the floors above can be heard downstairs in the basement. If you are a light sleeper I don't recommend staying here even though we do provide ear plugs just in case.
I believe that what makes us different are the small details. We can guarantee a comfy, cozy and clean space. We are always working on making it better, we believe there is ALWAYS room for improvement. Any feedback is seriously taken into consideration. So without further ado we look forward to welcoming you to our home!
Guests will have the whole first floor to themselves and can of course make use of the patio.
Interakcija s gostima
I'm sometimes around and sometimes not. I divide myself between Puerto Rico and Chicago. When I'm not in town, my mom tends to take care of the place.
We would love to host you but PLEASE do take care of this place as if it were your own. We share it because it is part of our home. We don't want to walk in to find it trashed or not cared for. We love hosting relaxed guests who understand that nothing is perfect. We look forward to hosting you!
Broj dozvole ili registarski broj
Saznaj više o ovom broju
**Note the location. A lot of our guests book because of the price and are later disappointed because they are not in the downtown area. This is Humboldt Park: safe, up-rising neighborhood. Please do not book just for the price, look at the location. We can't pick up our house and move it somewhere else.
1. Please, be honest with the amount of guests staying over. Any extra guests not included in the reservation will be charged off of the security deposit.
2. As a courtesy to other Airbnb guests downstairs, we ask that from 10PM to 8AM you keep the noise level to a minimum. If you come in late, please take off your shoes. There are other Airbnb guests beneath this flat so we ask that you be considerate with them since these floors are NOT soundproof. Anything happening upstairs can be heard downstairs. We recognize that our listing is not for everyone, some guests might be light sleepers.
3. Visitors allowed until 10pm.
4. This house was built in 1911. The wooden floors are the original floors of the house therefore they do squeak. My mom lives in the floor upstairs, the footsteps can be heard in this Airbnb as well.
5. NO smoking allowed inside the apartment.
6. We expect guests to treat our place with utmost respect, please do NOT trash it. It's a space we stay at when there are no guests, so we really love it.
7. Upon check-out we ask our guests to please strip the bed sheets and place with the dirty towels on the kitchen floor.
8. Unfortunately, as much as I would love to, due to work reasons I am not able to personally welcome my guests.
9. Enjoy yourselves and make the best out of this lovely city!
Ovaj domaćin ima 562 recenzije za druge smještaje.Prikaži druge recenzije
Hola! Thank you so much for taking the time to read a bit about myself. I will start out by saying that to me there's nothing like a good conversation. I love talking about geography, different cultures and even finances.
My true passion is hosting. I would love to dedicate to it full time sooner rather than later. After having studied abroad for 3 years, more than taking myself around the world, I want to show Puerto Rico and Chicago to the world. If you're curious, I was born and raised in paradise: Puerto Rico!
I know how much guests value when a host personally welcomes them, however due to work and being between Puerto Rico and Chicago, unfortunately I'm not available to greet each guest personally. Regardless, I can guarantee that all my places will make you feel like at home. I have put a lot of effort and love into getting them setup. Each one of our listings ("our" because my mom is the big helper) has been available for hosting after both my mom and I have stayed at each one and have approved them. We will say we are quite into the details; if you are too, I'm sure you'll notice.
About me, I can't live without traveling, those deep conversations that by the end have made you question yourself and of course I most definitely can't live without Pancho! Pancho is my son (well, my dog) whom I just spoil too much. I rescued him from the streets of Puerto Rico and ever since we have been partners in crime.
FOOD! Almost forgot about that one. Can't live without it! I love trying new dishes so if I'm around and you feel like cooking and exchanging recipes, let's do it!
I love hosting guests that have positive vibes, are relaxed and know how to make the most out of every moment.
My favorite two board games are Mancala and Rummikub so if you think you can take a challenge, I'm more than willing to play! ;-)
Favorite quote: "If you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will live it's whole life thinking it's stupid." A.Einstein